Jason Scotland (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

We're interested in him according to the Mirror.

AFCCOVENTRY

@BnslyNews_Sport: Barnsley boss David Flitcroft tells the press he's trying to convince Ipswich striker Jason Scotland to move to Oakwell

hill83

Half decent goal scoring record as far as I can see. Would no doubt score at this level.

woody11462

Get the ball to his feet and you will struggle to get the ball from him, very strong player. Reminds me of a Jason Roberts type. I think he could do a job but the only issue is that both he and Clarke aren't known for their work rates.

Si80

I think he could do a job but the only issue is that both he and Clarke aren't known for their work rates.

What utter rubbish. Clarkes work rate is very high, the lad is constantly grafting.

Scotland would do a job, but he's a short term fix and I can't see him coming in and taking Elliots place as 2nd striker based on Elliots current form and favour from MR.

standupforcity

Get the ball to his feet and you will struggle to get the ball from him, very strong player. Reminds me of a Jason Roberts type. I think he could do a job but the only issue is that both he and Clarke aren't known for their work rates.

Have you seen Clarke play? His work rate is incredible....never stops running and is always in the right place to receive the ball....

He did well at one club and now he's 33 and hasnt had a decent season for about 5 years. His wages will be too much and even if we did get him he'd be the next Freddy Eastwood.

sky blue john

No thanks.
I would rather us look at younger players with potential to be on the way up. Not old players on the way down!!!!

Heyzeuss84

Would of preferred someone with a bit of pace to feed off Clarke but could be a good signing anyway. Not sure if you could play them both together though.

Sub

Cohttp://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/22330ventry Target Scotland
Thursday, 24th Jan 2013 09:05
Released Blues striker Jason Scotland is in talks with League One Coventry City about a move to the Ricoh Arena. Scotland's Town contract was settled by mutual consent at the weekend.

If he joins the Sky Blues, the 33-year-old would be filling the shoes of new Town signing David McGoldrick, who scored 17 goals in 26 games during a loan spell there from Nottingham Forest before Christmas.
Doncaster and Wolves were previously understood to be the frontrunners for the Trinidadian's signature, while Barnsley, Brighton and Preston had been monitoring his situation. Scottish reports have also linked Dundee.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/22330

covcity4life

He did well at one club and now he's 33 and hasnt had a decent season for about 5 years. His wages will be too much and even if we did get him he'd be the next Freddy Eastwood.

you cant possibly know that.

glad were in talks,think he would be a good addition. thats 3 strikers ,no more new forwards needed till end of season imo

glancy89

Guys Scotland would be ideal in this division....get him on a short term deal and more firepower can only be a good thing! 32 is not old, experience is needed to see off opponents! Good Strength, reasonable pace and knows where the goal is!

Sub

Personal informationFull nameJason Kelvin ScotlandDate of birth(1979-02-18) 18 February 1979 (age 33)Place of birthMorvant, Trinidad and TobagoHeight5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)Playing positionStriker
Senior career*Years
TeamApps†(Gls)†1996–1997
San Juan Jabloteh 9 (9)1998–2002
Defence Force 31 (30)2003–2005
Dundee United 50 (8)2005–2007
St. Johnstone 66 (33)2007–2009
Swansea City 90 (45)2009–2010
Wigan Athletic 32 (1)2010–2013
Ipswich Town 87 (19)
National team‡2000–2011
Trinidad and Tobago41(8)

Last edited:

grego_gee

According to Wiki - we have him on trial!
and he's 34 in Feb!
"Jason Kelvin Scotland (born 18 February 1979) is a Trinidadian footballer who is a free agent, after leaving Ipswich Town. He plays as a striker. Currently on trial at Coventry City"
:pimp:

WillieStanley

Wouldn't be a bad signing. Weren't we interested in him last season? There was a Twitter account under his name (not sure if it was fake or not) during the Jan Transfer Window saying that he was at Ryton and liked the look of Cody... The same day, Cody signed. I think after that, he got into the Ipswich first team by default through to injury and went on a bit of a goal spree?

He's experienced enough. Thinking back to this time last year... I really do appreciate what it is to have ANY transfer goings on.

torchomatic

Yep, agree WS. I think he would be alright for us in L1. If it turns out half as well as McGoldrick then we shouldn't sniff at a player like him.

sky blue john

Even though i am currently against the signing at least MR is getting to look at him in training first. If MR wants him that will be fine with me i trust his judgement.

Colonel Mustard

Personal informationFull nameJason Kelvin ScotlandDate of birth(1979-02-18) 18 February 1979 (age 33)Place of birthMorvant, Trinidad and TobagoHeight5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)Playing positionStriker
Senior career*Years
TeamApps†(Gls)†1996–1997
San Juan Jabloteh 9 (9)1998–2002
Defence Force 31 (30)2003–2005
Dundee United 50 (8)2005–2007
St. Johnstone 66 (33)2007–2009
Swansea City 90 (45)2009–2010
Wigan Athletic 32 (1)2010–2013
Ipswich Town 87 (19)
National team‡2000–2011
Trinidad and Tobago41(8)

That is really a very decent pedigree for L1. His age is irrelevant.

Gint11

Could be useful for us for the last few months of the season, if he signs and chips in with 7-8 goals that would obviously help but at 33, hes not at the age we should be looking for. I know youth should be mixed with experience but me personally would prefer my strikers to be young fast and hungry.

Mucca Mad Boys

If I'm honest, it wouldn't be a particularly inspiring for me, I think he's a tad too old (not that age actually matters that much) and therefore, there is a risk he is simply 'past it', has he done much since he's left Swansea? Not really. 6 month, pay-as-you-play contract would be ok, but then again, will his wage demands be worth the signing?

covcity4life

we have no idea what his wage demands would be.

and yes age does not matter, we have kids on our books who have been dropped when they have played shit,so lets just look at wether he can do a job for us

CJparker

Scotland is 33 and hasn't done much recently, but he did well at Swansea - I think he'd be OK for us!

Mucca Mad Boys

and yes age does not matter, we have kids on our books who have been dropped when they have played shit,so lets just look at wether he can do a job for us

I was saying he's old, so there is the risk that he is past it (the key word is: risk).

I trust MR but, but I'd rather us go for a young L2, or even Non-league striker (I mean Vardy good), who can offer us something for years.

If Scotland signed, and he banged in the goals, I'd have no complaints like!

Colonel Mustard

The key reason why age doesn't matter is because CCFC are in the rare and luxurious position of just needing an impact player. The team is flying, the squad's quality and depth is good at this level, the manager is sound. This isn't like an off-season rebuilding job where tons of clunkers are brought in with the hope that they gel. There's no risk and high upside in trying out a player like Scotland.

Users who are viewing this thread