January (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Can't argue with that

Proper lwb competition for maatsen
AMC for when o hare is not firing
A better striker perhaps so we don't rely on gyok

Sell bright and the other fringe players if possible. Maybe walker too to bring in funds

Doubt we will see massive change tho

ceetee

What do folks think we need to do in the January transfer window, I'd like to see another LWB and someone to take the pressure off O'Hare, then obviously ship out some of the dead wood
We certainly need back up at LWB, but on your final point, who wants to take on other teams deadwood

pusbccfc

We need some pace/energy off the bench.

Will be interesting to see what we do if we are in and around the top 6. We saw what happened in the Mowbray year when we needed a few additions.

slowpoke

We are a good team yesterday for example from one to eleven we play good football and control lots of a game but that doesn’t mean we don’t need better players to slot into our team which should make us a better.
Priority for me has to be midfield first, then centre-half.
Still can’t work out our best midfield combination which speaks for itself really, against Blackburn & Preston their centre midfielders Rothwell ( I’d love to have him) & Johnson completely took over and dominated us. Would take weight off O’Hare too Costs money though which without shifting someone out we haven’t got.

SlowerThanPlatt

We are a good team yesterday for example from one to eleven we play good football and control lots of a game but that doesn’t mean we don’t need better players to slot into our team which should make us a better.
Priority for me has to be midfield first, then centre-half.
Still can’t work out our best midfield combination which speaks for itself really, against Blackburn & Preston their centre midfielders Rothwell ( I’d love to have him) & Johnson completely took over and dominated us. Would take weight off O’Hare too Costs money though which without shifting someone out we haven’t got.

Which midfielders in yesterday’s squad would make way for this new player?

Grendel

Walker I think will go and Rose looks like he may be out of favour as well

shmmeee

Ideal world a permanent LWB, CB (or maybe one who can play both) and a loanee AM.

However considering Robins has never signed a first team player permanently in the Jan window, I’d take a loanee AM and maybe a LWB if we can have two on loan but not sure the loaning club would go for that.

Assuming we don’t go up in the summer we need another physical striker, an AM, two LWBs, a LCB, a CB and a reserve GK (though maybe one of the kids will step up). We’ll likely need to replace a couple like Hamer who may well go. Could be an interesting window.

slowpoke

Walker I think will go and Rose looks like he may be out of favour as well
Think you might be right there but if Rose goes imo we need two to come in. I like McFadz & he’s my type of warhorse Curtis/Killer centre-half but we need to be looking in that department sooner or later imo.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

A loan CDM, someone who has a different game to Kelly and Sheaf
A loan CAM, someone to give O’hare the capability of having a rest

Loan out some youngsters

Sell Jobello, Hilßner and Pask (although I personally rate him)

Release Bright….

slowpoke

Liverpool have a clutch of good reserve players who might be available for loans, Phillips would be ideal as a loan but suspect we would be behind other clubs on that one.

stupot07

LWB, ACM and maybe a target man.

I can see walker leaving in the January, but we would be stupid to let Rose leave.

Need to start succession planning for the real possibility of losing O'Hare, Hamer and Gyo in the summer.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Marty

I'd get rid of Kelly, bring in a big hard bastard center midfield, sheafs a good player at home but feel he needs too long on the ball for away games, often gets caught. If refs won't protect our players we need to do it ourselves.

I think Walker is excellent finisher but we don't suit his play, either play Kane to get the best out of him or sell him. Wouldn't mind seeing CKR coming off the bench like he did yesterday. Looked a real handful.

Would like to bring in another CB,

pusbccfc

Could Robins be tempted by Cashman or Bapaga? Obviously both playing well below the level, but he clearly doesn't fancy Jones or Shipley as attacking options off the bench and if he doesn't off-load Bright, Jobello and Hillsner, he may not have the funds to bring anyone new in.

SlowerThanPlatt

Could Robins be tempted by Cashman or Bapaga? Obviously both playing well below the level, but he clearly doesn't fancy Jones or Shipley as attacking options off the bench and if he doesn't off-load Bright, Jobello and Hillsner, he may not have the funds to bring anyone new in.

Cashman had a good start but hasn’t been impressive since according to Rochdale fans and getting less minutes. Doubt he’s an option

fatso

LWB and CH are desperately required, Maatsen is average at best and we have no cover or competition for him, and we need more cover at centre half where Fadz will occasionally need a rest and Hyam could be improved on.

Users who are viewing this thread