January signings? (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Assuming Robins has got some money to work with (100k ish) what positions would you invest in?

For me, I'd sign a winger, not necessarily with pace, but can put in a good ball and take on a man, if Bell doesn't do well (assuming he gets a chance).

Obviously, we need to sign McG whatever the price.

CarpyCov84

No money will leave us scrapping around for garbage as usuall or fighting it out with Championship clubs for Premier League loans the problem is now the premier league loans will choose championship clubs over us all day.I think we need to find something from the lower leagues or abroad.

PUSB

RichieGunns

No money will leave us scrapping around for garbage as usuall or fighting it out with Championship clubs for Premier League loans the problem is now the premier league loans will choose championship clubs over us all day.I think we need to find something from the lower leagues or abroad.

PUSB

I know you can't always trust waggot and fisher but they have said on several occasions that there will be money for Robin's to bring players in, in January.

I say instead of speculating (or downright saying there's no money) why don't we wait and see whats going to happen.

Also on the subject of Reckord, Henderson and Bailey. Their loans finish just after Christmas day. They can't extend the loan (or buy them permanently) until the January transfer window opens so while I'm sure Robin's wants to keep them, he has no choice but to let them go back to their parent clubs.

So I don't think he's resigned himself to losing them permanently. Its just a case of not having a choice until January comes a calling!

skyblueman

January will give Robin's his first real chance - I expect he already has some in mind - Robin's isn't my worry - Waggot & Fisher are more of a concern as I do not believe he will be given the money he needs to do his job and I worry how he will take it

ccfc_Tom

Mcg, I'd take ferguson til the end of the season-he'd give us a bit more fight. Then a winger who will actually produce chances and score goals-a loan is probably the best option as i doubt there are any decent free's left out there.

sky_blue_up_north

Can't see why there is a scramble for Ferguson, could not do a job for Fleetwood FFS. He would be the next, De Zeuw, Kilbane etc. We do need a winger, pace is not everything, John Robertson springs to mind. Beat the man, cross the ball, its simple.

valiant15

100k? Whoopee do. We really are scraping the barrel when people get excited about spending 100k. Jeez,just piss off sisu you useless bastards.

Grendel

January will give Robin's his first real chance - I expect he already has some in mind - Robin's isn't my worry - Waggot & Fisher are more of a concern as I do not believe he will be given the money he needs to do his job and I worry how he will take it

One things for sure he won't just say OK Boss like Thorn did every time. Robins is a proper manager and if he does not receive whatever he was promised he will be off.

LJC_CCFC

David Connolly, Salif Diao, Darius Vassell, Calvin Andrew, Gary Borrowdale!, Mikael Forssell and Ben Parker all still free agents

stupot07

David Connolly, Salif Diao, Darius Vassell, Calvin Andrew, Gary Borrowdale!, Mikael Forssell and Ben Parker all still free agents

If they are free agents you can sign them anytime. We need to stop bringing in players who have had little football or fitness levels as it always takes 6-8 games to get them match fit.

Grendel

aodea

Yes and all of them are free agents for a reason would not touch any of them.

The board said that Robins will be backed but i would say in loan deals as opposse to anything else. As for a winger i would love Robbie Brady on laoan but thats just me dreaming. Realistically we will get a few loans in and lose a few. Worringly saw MgGoldrick linked with Barnsley today so he could be off there if they offer a fee. I would like him to stay even if just an extension on his current deal.

Midfielder, winger, and a forward to lead the line is what im looking for.

gally9

16 pts thrown away from winning positions suggests to me the defence needs work.. That's where the money should be going.. Cody can replace mcgoldrick..

spwaverley4916

if forest are trying to extend Jenas loan from spurs, Oldham have extended Matt Derbyshires loan from Forest why oh why havnt we tried to extend Goldies loan _ everyone else seems to be doing the business now and not waiting until Christmas

stupot07

16 pts thrown away from winning positions suggests to me the defence needs work.. That's where the money should be going.. Cody can replace mcgoldrick..

Not necessarily, a lot of that is down our midfields inability to control a game for long periods, that puts the defence under pressure.

And goals are still a major problem - just 15 in 15 in the league isn't good enough, only 4 teams have scored fewer than us, and when you're only scoring at an average of 1 per game that puts all the pressure on the team to keep clean sheets.

stupot07

if forest are trying to extend Jenas loan from spurs, Oldham have extended Matt Derbyshires loan from Forest why oh why havnt we tried to extend Goldies loan _ everyone else seems to be doing the business now and not waiting until Christmas

Who's to say we haven't tried? The difference is Forest have openly said he's for sale therefore they will want to at least try and sell him in the transfer window so won't want to commit to a loan extension now.

And I believe both Jenas and Derbyshire were on shorter 1 month loans so have had those extended, Mcgoldricks was always a 3 month loan to start with.

Mucca Mad Boys

Forest won't accept, McG is in the last year of his contract and aren't going to let him spend that year on loan because they want to get A fee (no matter how small) to cut their loses. Don't turn this into an anti SISU agenda, facts mean the only way we'll get McG is if we spend a little bit in Jan or, we sign on a pre contract arrangement or at the end of the season on a free.

spwaverley4916

Forest won't accept, McG is in the last year of his contract and aren't going to let him spend that year on loan because they want to get A fee (no matter how small) to cut their loses. Don't turn this into an anti SISU agenda, facts mean the only way we'll get McG is if we spend a little bit in Jan or, we sign on a pre contract arrangement or at the end of the season on a free.

who mentioned SISU?? apart from you of course!!

spwaverley4916

Who is 'we' in terms of transfers!? Robins' clearly wants him so that isn't an issue, Fisher + Waggott, SISU's men, it was an indirect reference to SISU's transfer policy.

oh right Mr Riddle me this! _ i thought you were accusing me of attempting to start an anti SISU agenda!! which in fact when i read it again........................... you were

Mucca Mad Boys

oh right Mr Riddle me this! _ i thought you were accusing me of attempting to start an anti SISU agenda!! which in fact when i read it again........................... you were

So who is this 'we' you talk of? Are you inferring we're not trying to to sign McG? If the answers are SISU and yes... you are trying to start an anti SISU agenda. Difficult to see what other answers there are to be honest.

skybluejack10

january is when the results are gonna start turning around...
he can change the squad around to what he likes, bring in a couple if he's lucky and get rid of those who are bringing the rest down. he can get his own team and be in charge properly.
we need a pacey winger and a tough CM if we don't get bailey back on loan. Another striker too if we can;t get mcgoldrick back

spwaverley4916

january is when the results are gonna start turning around...
he can change the squad around to what he likes, bring in a couple if he's lucky and get rid of those who are bringing the rest down. he can get his own team and be in charge properly.
we need a pacey winger and a tough CM if we don't get bailey back on loan. Another striker too if we can;t get mcgoldrick back

careful - if you use the 'we' word you could get accused of starting an anti SISU thread by the Riddler aka sky blue taylor -;)

YoungCCFClad

100% need McGoldrick, no chance of playoffs if we don't have him
Samad yesil maybe loan
Jake Cassidy
El shaarawy(ac Milan)
SEYI OLOFINJANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST BUY

S

SkyBlue Baker96

100% need McGoldrick, no chance of playoffs if we don't have him
Samad yesil maybe loan
Jake Cassidy
El shaarawy(ac Milan)
SEYI OLOFINJANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUST BUY
How old are you like 9? we can't afford any of them in wages, they will all want big wages, and as for olofinjana he's too old now.

Users who are viewing this thread