January 2023 (1 Viewer)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I know its probably a bit early to start but like, what would we be looking for in terms of incomings?
Personally I’d like a RCB, LWB, RWB maybe a Keeper if we offload moore or wilson, Cooper of Plymouth could be a good replacement.
Maybe as a RCB Warren O’hora at MK dons, at RWB maybe we could take over Bali Mumba’s loan at Plymouth if we pay enough compensation, and at LWB Jay Dasilva from Brizzle (out of contract so could be cheap pick up) or alternative Jack Sparks from Exeter, performing well for them 22 years old and out of contract in the summer could prove to be a cheap pick up

Briles

I know its probably a bit early to start but like, what would we be looking for in terms of incomings?
Personally I’d like a RCB, LWB, RWB maybe a Keeper if we offload moore or wilson, Cooper of Plymouth could be a good replacement.
Maybe as a RCB Warren O’hora at MK dons, at RWB maybe we could take over Bali Mumba’s loan at Plymouth if we pay enough compensation, and at LWB Jay Dasilva from Brizzle (out of contract so could be cheap pick up) or alternative Jack Sparks from Exeter, performing well for them 22 years old and out of contract in the summer could prove to be a cheap pick up

If nothing happens in or out I'll be happy tbh

shmmeee

Depends. If we’re flying: keep everyone and I’d be happy.

If not: We’ll likely sell O’Hare and Vik and get around £20m in. I’d get a couple of loans at AM and ST, and if a decent option is available a RCB RWB GK. Otherwise happy to wait until the summer and rebuild properly then when prices are lower.

SkyB

I'd be happy to keep the squad as is, barring any injuries between now and Jan. If we do get injuries I can see a loan coming in.

Would rather wait until summer and have a big churn to freshen up the squad.

slowpoke

We could always do with better players, priority for me wouldn’t be defence or midfield it would be up front, a partner for Vik who must be kept if we want to challenge top end & believe we can, but does Sepalla ?

Sky Blue Harry H

Players have to want to stay

I could imagine O'Hare staying
I could imagine Vik/Hamer wanting to move

(based on nothing but suggestive previous media articles)

If CO'H is (as appears) to be, the positive uplifting player in the squad, he'd be the one player I'd be building everything around and going the extra mile to keep. A positive dressing room is so important to the team. I know Vik and Hamer have the quality, but unless they are persuaded by new ownership (plus £££s), the fact is they will be eyeing a move, so we'll need to cash in and replace.

Londonccfcfan

Way too early. Alot of football to be played yet.

andrew.roberts

With a little investment this last January we'd have had a glorious chance at of least making the play offs but Sisu weren't prepared to make that call.
What makes you think that their stance will change in 2023 ?

Enviado desde mi SM-A202F mediante Tapatalk

junglej13

We should go for the Rotherham LWB , would suit our system down to the ground 👌
Cohen Bramall. Think he was plucked from non league by Arsenal. Then went to Colchester. A few teams looked at him and he had a clause in his contract for £300k. Hard to tell whether he had a really good game or Dabo was exceptionally poor. A new right wing back is a must. Dabo can't be trusted to stay fit or to concentrate for any prolonged length of time. The attack for their first goal was a carbon copy of the pen against Preston last year. Bramall game him a five yard head start.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Cohen Bramall. Think he was plucked from non league by Arsenal. Then went to Colchester. A few teams looked at him and he had a clause in his contract for £300k. Hard to tell whether he had a really good game or Dabo was exceptionally poor. A new right wing back is a must. Dabo can't be trusted to stay fit or to concentrate for any prolonged length of time. The attack for their first goal was a carbon copy of the pen against Preston last year. Bramall game him a five yard head start.
To be fair Bramall is absolutely rapid, and Dabo was running injured

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Seeing as we have a couple weeks break, now seems a reasonable time to discuss this. Probably need to offload Kane, Walker (loan for confidence) or Tavares (loan), Howley (loan). Then bring in a RWB, CB, ST. I’d say probaby the CB and ST as cover, then a RWB to possibly push Dabo out of the starting 11 (most likely would be a loan)

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Then obviously Im the worst with (serious) suggestions probably on this forum but Imma have a go at the positions I stated anyways.
RWB (one of)
- Enock Kwateng (25) (Free Agent)
- William (27) (Free Agent)
- Bali Mumba (21) (takeover his Plymouth loan)

CB (one of)
- Joris Gnagnon (25) (Free Agent)
- Jan Paul Van Hecke (22) (loan to buy / , out of contract at Brighton could be cheap)
- Mads Andersen (24) (out of contract at Barnsley could be cheap)
- Edgar Le (28) (Free Agent)

ST (one of)
- Antoine Semenyo (22) (out of contract at Bistol City so could be cheap)
- Zaza (31) (Free Agent)
- Matej Vydra (Free Agent)
- Maxime Biamou (32) (Free Agent) (just a joke calm down)

(If any spare funds available)
Jetro Williams (28) (LWB) (Free Agent)

Tea & Busquets

Then obviously Im the worst with (serious) suggestions probably on this forum but Imma have a go at the positions I stated anyways.
RWB (one of)
- Enock Kwateng (25) (Free Agent)
- William (27) (Free Agent)
- Bali Mumba (21) (takeover his Plymouth loan)

CB (one of)
- Joris Gnagnon (25) (Free Agent)
- Jan Paul Van Hecke (22) (loan to buy / , out of contract at Brighton could be cheap)
- Mads Andersen (24) (out of contract at Barnsley could be cheap)
- Edgar Le (28) (Free Agent)

ST (one of)
- Antoine Semenyo (22) (out of contract at Bistol City so could be cheap)
- Zaza (31) (Free Agent)
- Matej Vydra (Free Agent)
- Maxime Biamou (32) (Free Agent) (just a joke calm down)

(If any spare funds available)
Jetro Williams (28) (LWB) (Free Agent)
Out of all the players you mentioned I think only Anderson and Semenyo are realistic for next summer, not the January. Personally for January I'd love for us to bring in Tom Hamer (23) from Burton. Can challenge the RWB, LWB and even CB spots, all positions we need. We also love a Burton signing and a Hamer :love:. Contract ends this summer can see Burton wanting to cash in just a bit at least.

clint van damme

Convinced Vik will be gone so need a replacement. Could do with moving on some of our other strikers and replacing them as well.

larry_david

Boring answer here but Tavares and howley out on loan.

Tavares signed a new deal and played about 6 mins since and won't get a look in with this system and our form.

Howley was fast tracked to the team and not got a look in since, loan him out.

Kane you'd imagine will go, seems like MR still hasn't forgiven him

SBT

Seeing as we have a couple weeks break, now seems a reasonable time to discuss this. Probably need to offload Kane, Walker (loan for confidence) or Tavares (loan), Howley (loan). Then bring in a RWB, CB, ST. I’d say probaby the CB and ST as cover, then a RWB to possibly push Dabo out of the starting 11 (most likely would be a loan)

I'm not sure that Tyler Walker is going to see another loan spell as the key to unlocking his confidence!

Samo

I reckon we are a CB, RWB and 2 midfielders short. (Assuming no departures)

Users who are viewing this thread