Transfer Rumour Jamie Patterson (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

It was actually a choice between Tyler Walker and Matty Godden. The former (young, full of potential, tipped for the top) turned us down and we spent £750k on the bloke who couldn’t get in Peterborough’s starting XI.

This might be the single worst take ive seen on here and i have read, and posted some utter shite

Goddens signing was one of the most important in years. His goals, in all them narrow wins we achieved in the L1 winning season were literally the difference between promotion and not.

Yes now we've outgrown him but his goals (along with walker tbf that season) also helped keep us up first season back

TomRad85

This might be the single worst take ive seen on here and i have read, and posted some utter shite

Goddens signing was one of the most important in years. His goals, in all them narrow wins we achieved in the L1 winning season were literally the difference between promotion and not.

Yes now we've outgrown him but his goals (along with walker tbf that season) also helped keep us up first season back
I think that's his point, it's a sarcastic post. I hope.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JimmyHillsbeard

I don’t disagree with how Godden has been good for us that’s not the point I was making

It’s factually accurate, we turned to Godden only when Tyler Walker chose to turn us down and go to Lincoln.

If you’re really looking for a single worst takes I could refer you to some of your own….

Grendel

Well Hilssner takes all kind of flak for being paid £200k a year for doing nothing, but according to you it’s a small, nominal sum, so what’s the big problem?

He didn’t do anything you answered your own question. We could try and get a bunch of people with a wage ceiling of £200k a year but then we have a bottom league 1 salary plan

great strategy that

rexo87

Waghorn had 10 the season before we signed him and 16 before that.

Last season was by far Paterson’s best ever for goal involvements.
So you claiming that he's finished is nonsense then...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

David O'Day

He didn’t do anything you answered your own question. We could try and get a bunch of people with a wage ceiling of £200k a year but then we have a bottom league 1 salary plan

great strategy that
200k pa is about 3850 per year, what do some people think footballers good enough for the Championship earn?

Brighton Sky Blue

Patterson is a good enough player who isn't going to cost a fortune. Yes he's not O'Hare but O'Hare isn't going to be around again fora long while.

There's loads of things we can complain about but buying a player to fill an actual need isn't one of them
I think the issue is more of a financial one than a footballing one. If debts have been sorted, but the available cash is the same, I don't think it's unreasonable to have a few question marks on this.

The Philosopher

Interesting article from 12 months ago from the Swansea local press. They felt Swansea were holding out for £750k to £1m for Paterson. Also a little footnote they were interested in Josh Wilson Esbrand
Swansea should have took the money.

Getting a decent fee for a player over 30 is rare.

I didn’t write the rules - it’s just the way it is.

pusbccfc

Patterson and Bidwell combining 👀

Reactions: vow

David O'Day

I think the issue is more of a financial one than a footballing one. If debts have been sorted, but the available cash is the same, I don't think it's unreasonable to have a few question marks on this.
Why? It's a position of need for not a large fee. What else do you suggest we do? We need a new AM, what is your plan then?

rexo87

For people saying 250-400k is a lot of money, please can you name someone better we can get for less? Bearing in mind it can't be a loan as well as it sounds like the final loan spot will be a Centre Back...

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Dec-ccfc

400k guaranteed championship performer and gives us an extra dimension in the 10 role. If we can get 2 good seasons out of him then it’s good business. It means when we sell Vik in the summer MR can concentrate on other areas of the squad and build another squad for the next 2-3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread