Jamie allen (1 Viewer)

Briles

I think the fact Hamer is playing much deeper this season has helped Allen a lot. He was always our most dynamic midfielder until O'Hare arrived.

DannyThomas_1981

He's certainly come back fit and determined this season, but I have to say having Gyoketes and Waghorn up front has given him options to find that he never had last season. The movement, pace and control that the front 2 add makes us far more dynamic, and because we have a threat now, opposition teams are leaving an extra defender back, which creates more room in midfield for Allen to flourish.

Last year with Max up front on his own it was impossible for Allen to flourish, just look at the goal last night that Allen was involved in setting up, would Max of scored it?
Good points on the formation. This is what I like about Robins and the coaching team - always evolving.
Highly successful with God as the 1 in the dominant L1 promotion season.
Adopted a more pragmatic and less possession based approach last year to ensure our step up and survival - not always great to watch but we made it through.
Evolving this year back into a more possession based game and with 2 up-front - knowing Robins and his coaching team this was the plan months ago in the recruitment of Wag and Gyo.
Point being previous managers have been very rigid in both selection and formation - Robins and his coaches are much more dynamic in taking the team forward and looking for improvements and the best system for us.

covcity4life

He got a lot of ott and unfair criticism last season and I think I was one of few posters to defend him. Glad I've been vindicated
I think I did too at times. He did alright. Thid year much much better altho it does feel like he is over achieving so guess csnt get too angry when he doesn't get final 3rd pass right sometimes

Evo1883

I don’t think he was that bad last season, the style of play we played for the majority bypassing the midfield didn’t suit him

Semi Positive post 😉
giphy.gif

Skybluecov1

Didn’t he have a few injuries last season so never got a consistent run in the squad. Add that to when we got Matty James in on loan effectively dropped him down the order aswell

Blind-Faith

I was trying to figure it out myself last night, I can only think that he’s gone away and worked hard on his fitness and the other being we must be playing slightly different tactics , because he was everywhere last night.

Interceptions , winning headers , tackling back, putting through balls, breaking into the box. I’ll hold my hands up 🙌, I can’t remember ever being so wrong about a player!

Preseason id have driven him to another club myself, now I want him to sign a new contract and can’t wait to watch him in the next game. What the fuck do I know hey??? 🤦🏻‍♂️

slowpoke

I was trying to figure it out myself last night, I can only think that he’s gone away and worked hard on his fitness and the other being we must be playing slightly different tactics , because he was everywhere last night.

Interceptions , winning headers , tackling back, putting through balls, breaking into the box. I’ll hold my hands up 🙌, I can’t remember ever being so wrong about a player!

Preseason id have driven him to another club myself, now I want him to sign a new contract and can’t wait to watch him in the next game. What the fuck do I know hey??? 🤦🏻‍♂️
He was always very fit covering every blade of grass, lot of the “experts” on here had him surpass in the summer same with Hyam both players are now consistently our better players.

clint van damme

He was always very fit covering every blade of grass, lot of the “experts” on here had him surpass in the summer same with Hyam both players are now consistently our better players.

Didn't the manager also have him surplus to requirements?

slowpoke

Fans forget how good Jamie Allen played in our division one promotion season with Liam Walsh beside him can’t remember if he was injured at the start of last season but I think he was in and out with injuries but with the signings of Hamer & Sheaf and Matty James joining he wasn’t as effective last season and struggled to hold a place down.
Would Robins have sold him in the last window probably to fund another signing but Allen isn’t the only one who would have been sold had offers had come in.

shmmeee

Fans forget how good Jamie Allen played in our division one promotion season with Liam Walsh beside him can’t remember if he was injured at the start of last season but I think he was in and out with injuries but with the signings of Hamer & Sheaf and Matty James joining he wasn’t as effective last season and struggled to hold a place down.
Would Robins have sold him in the last window probably to fund another signing but Allen isn’t the only one who would have been sold had offers had come in.

We played Kelly alongside Walsh, Allen played at the top of the box alongside O’Hare and he only started 7 games, his first in December…

slowpoke

We played Kelly alongside Walsh, Allen played at the top of the box alongside O’Hare and he only started 7 games, his first in December…
He was injured when he first joined and was put a long time but he did eventually show us he was good player,

Evo1883

Missed him today in Central midfielder I thought 🤷‍♂️ 3 games in 8 days is heavy though and we must use the squad

Users who are viewing this thread