Jamie Allen (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Was injured for his first half season. Looked class in League One. Scored a genuinely beautiful goal at Bristol Rovers. Turned up to the league winning celebrations in full kit complete with his name and number on his shirt.

He wasn’t the only player that looked to struggle in the Championship last season and I won’t be distraught if he stays on to fight for a place. Equally if he moves on I wish him all the best.

I've said before on here what a big fan of him I am. He struggled in the early part of the season, but I think some of that was due to how he was used.

I think people are somewhat unrealistic about the prospects of wholesale upgrades of the squad

Sky Blue Pete

I've said before on here what a big fan of him I am. He struggled in the early part of the season, but I think some of that was due to how he was used.

I think people are somewhat unrealistic about the prospects of wholesale upgrades of the squad
Agreed. It’s a step by step. If Ohare and hamer continue to progress then the two holes are osti and mccallum or their positions anyway

What may be difficult though is not receiving a substantial transfer fee

steve101

I think Allen is very similar to O'Hare in style and stature. I am not saying he is at the same level (though think his first touch is better and maybe his decision-making), but if he played a full season in O'Hare's position I would imagine he would have similar assists and more goals.

PVA

Allen just isn't good enough at this level and to be honest I didn't get the hype around him in League One. He was ok, nothing special. Just not sure what he brings to the team other than a bit of energy and work rate

Bertola

I like Allen, he played a key role in winning the league at the back end of the season, and was then moved from one of the attacking midfielders in the box formation, to one of the defensive roles and it didnt seem to work. Had a couple of decent performances last year but not wquite at the level required. Would wish him well if he went, but wouldn't be too upset with it

skyblu3sk

I think Allen is very similar to O'Hare in style and stature. I am not saying he is at the same level (though think his first touch is better and maybe his decision-making), but if he played a full season in O'Hare's position I would imagine he would have similar assists and more goals.
I think the big difference is I think O'Hare can improve a lot whereas I don't see that in Allen.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don’t think he would, unlike COH, he’d get shrugged off the ball a lot easier without drawing fouls either.

I like Allen, he’s good at passing and pressing. He’s not really a CAM, but also doesn’t look like he would fit in as a CM in our system.

He’d be a very good signing for a League 1 team, I’m just not sure he’ll make an impact in the Championship.

Tea & Busquets

Weird, I just read it here too m8

giphy.gif

Reactions: COV

Cobi Jones's Dreads

All the best, not good enough or physical enough for the Championship imo.

If this small fee and his wages allow us to pick up a signing were after, then yes please.

Kilclines curly mullet

Played well yesterday but then it’s easy to play well against league 1 when we were dominating for long periods.

there is a very good player in there but to lightweight for the Championship

Frostie

Played well yesterday but then it’s easy to play well against league 1 when we were dominating for long periods.

there is a very good player in there but to lightweight for the Championship

Gifted them the 2nd didn't he?

I've always liked him though & was thrilled when we signed him (bet on us to win the league the day he signed! 😁).
Think League One might be his level though.

larry_david

Gifted them the 2nd didn't he?

I've always liked him though & was thrilled when we signed him (bet on us to win the league the day he signed! 😁).
Think League One might be his level though.
Agreed. We signed him to do a job in league 1,he's done that and I thank him for it. But he's out of his depth as it stands at championship level and now is when we need to start slowly improving the squad to allow us to sustain our championship status. I'm afraid Allen, jobello, Mason etc need to be moved on and replaced with better

Irish Sky Blue

I think Allen was a bit unlucky last season. Didn't impose himself at the start but I thought he played well during his isolated appearances later on. I thought he looked really sharp when he came on yesterday.

Tea & Busquets

Agreed. We signed him to do a job in league 1,he's done that and I thank him for it. But he's out of his depth as it stands at championship level and now is when we need to start slowly improving the squad to allow us to sustain our championship status. I'm afraid Allen, jobello, Mason etc need to be moved on and replaced with better
Agreed. Hilssner, Mason, Jobello, Allen need to be moved on. We can fill the gaps with u23 lads. Though Mason looks to be our backup LB for now considering the injury will probably put him out till after the window is done. Mason knows when to pick an injury, he just loves the club doesn’t he. All the best wishes to Mason.

usskyblue

Agreed. Hilssner, Mason, Jobello, Allen need to be moved on. We can fill the gaps with u23 lads. Though Mason looks to be our backup LB for now considering the injury will probably put him out till after the window is done. Mason knows when to pick an injury, he just loves the club doesn’t he. All the best wishes to Mason.

Hobnobs or Custard Cream ?

stevefloyd

Allen runs around a lot but always seems to arrive when the ball has gone, doesn't tackle too well but does have the capacity to score a goal or 2, Shipley can score goals but his lack of impact on the pitch and lacklustre playing style is not what we need from him, Allen gets brushed off the ball, Shipley a lot of times puts himself into a position where he doesn't appear to want the ball. We have some youngsters coming through who have more hunger desire and skill so get rid of them both because we want subs from the bench who can hopefully impact a game neither of those 2 can do that with anything like the regularity we need. Nothing personal with either of them but if we want to climb higher up the league we need better on a consistent basis...

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Allen runs around a lot but always seems to arrive when the ball has gone, doesn't tackle too well but does have the capacity to score a goal or 2, Shipley can score goals but his lack of impact on the pitch and lacklustre playing style is not what we need from him, Allen gets brushed off the ball, Shipley a lot of times puts himself into a position where he doesn't appear to want the ball. We have some youngsters coming through who have more hunger desire and skill so get rid of them both because we want subs from the bench who can hopefully impact a game neither of those 2 can do that with anything like the regularity we need. Nothing personal with either of them but if we want to climb higher up the league we need better on a consistent basis...
Bapaga, Tavares, Harrison Knee, Eccles

Torquay Sky Blue

I thought at the start of last season a few might struggle at this level but apart from Shipley and Allen and dare I include Max with those two ,the others sought of grew into it.

Users who are viewing this thread