Jamie Allen (1 Viewer)

Saddlebrains

Surely on his bike now?

With O'Hare, Bright and a fit Jones we have enough options in his role now.

Did well in L1 for us but not quite championship quality i feel

covcity4life

Are we playing this season with just the best eleven? Or do we need a squad. Those two were involved in a quite a few games - hardly a Kastaneer!
True but have bapaga too. Burroughs etc to fill gaps. Maybe keep shipleybfor home grown status and sell allen

mr_monkey

I really thought Allen would kick on last season but looked out of his depth most of the time so it's probably for the best to let him move on for both his sake and ours

slowpoke

Also upgrading squad players often doesn't save wages it increases the wage bill.
Our owner needs to understand championship clubs have to pay championship wages I think they do. Robins will have to clear the decks a bit but we are four players down from last seasons loanee contingent
So even with the four recent new signings I think MR is still within his budget.

SlowerThanPlatt

Our owner needs to understand championship clubs have to pay championship wages I think they do. Robins will have to clear the decks a bit but we are four players down from last seasons loanee contingent
So even with the four recent new signings I think MR is still within his budget.

We’ve signed Waghorn who I would imagine is on a relatively large wage?

ptr

Thought he was brilliant when he came into the team towards the end of our promotion season. But yes has so far proved to be ineffective at this level.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Thought he was brilliant when he came into the team towards the end of our promotion season. But yes has so far proved to be ineffective at this level.
I was gutted his performances didn’t come up to the championship, he was such a classy player in the promotion season

skyblu3sk

It's a shame for Shipley I can't tell if it's lack of fitness or belief but he just seems to go missing. Will have an OK game then next few won't even notice he's on the pitch...

Reactions: vow

Mucca Mad Boys

He scored 1 decent goal. He’s not fit enough to play how we want in this league.

Disagree. Besides, he clearly isn’t going to be a starter. Our budget will be the approximately the 4th lowest in the division, there won’t really be better alternatives for that role for where we’re at now.

We still have gaps to fill in defence and central midfield. Although I’m hoping Rose (who finished the season well) and Sheaf can step up their games this season.

long way home

I think we all seen the level being a step to far for him, but nobody can fault his effort or the part he has played in getting us to the championship. I don't see it getting easier for him or it helping the squad by holding onto him if he hasn't improved enough to get playing time. He is not the only one and MR has more than a few players he needs to move on or loan out to help add quality to this group if possible. I can see lots of movement probably more out than in, but Mason, jobello and Allen being names we will see.

slowpoke

I’m fairness to Shipley he played a lot of last season in a team struggling with a lot of injuries to key players until February/March but I thought once our better players returned as the team improved so did he don’t see him in the starting eleven and might move on but being left sided I think Robins will hang on to him.

JimmyHillsbeard

Allen was unlucky. He had a quiet (not poor) start, then as soon as he had a good game or two, got dropped!

He needs a move though, for his sake.

Was injured for his first half season. Looked class in League One. Scored a genuinely beautiful goal at Bristol Rovers. Turned up to the league winning celebrations in full kit complete with his name and number on his shirt.

He wasn’t the only player that looked to struggle in the Championship last season and I won’t be distraught if he stays on to fight for a place. Equally if he moves on I wish him all the best.

Users who are viewing this thread