Jamie Allen (1 Viewer)

DannyThomas_1981

Shippers was fantastic on Saturday. Others seem to be negative at times because he's a 'Cov kid' and as such somehow 'has it easy.' Total bollocks. If anything it's even harder for our youth players to break into the team and become established.

He's also overcome several challenges - first of all being played out of position on the left (prior to this season) and then being overshadowed by the eye catching talents of 10 Bags Bayliss (who I also think is fantastic). He's perfectly suited to 4-3-3 and his energy and athleticism complements our midfield perfectly.

Call me sentimental but it makes me feel incredibly proud to see one of our own doing so well - whatever anyone thinks. I got to meet Shippers after the game and you really could not meet a more pleasant lad - it was a real privilege to say 'great performance' and 'keep up the fantastic form.' He has a very big future and kudos to Robins/coaching team for managing his potential so well.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If it were not for Mason Shippers would be most improved player this season. I suspect it's a number of factors - the slight change in formation making better use of his talents; being able to step out of the shadow of Bayliss; the extremely competitive midfield options or just generally him growing physically and mentally and getting used to the rigours of being a pro .Some of the through balls he's played in the last few games have been sublime and one Madders would be pleased with, let alone Bayliss.

Maybe he will dip at some point - he is quite energetic but still young and may feel the effects a few months in. Even seasoned pros can get that fatigue. But if he does need that rest it is reassuring the options we have available.

I think in terms of the fans on the whole they'll give 'one of our own' a bit more time (but that won't make them immune - Burge for example - but in terms of the management and coaches they have more to do. If you sign a player you're almost forced to play them to prove that you've made a good decision and not spent money on fees/wages unnecessarily. They don't have that pressure with kids.

DannyThomas_1981

If it were not for Mason Shippers would be most improved player this season. I suspect it's a number of factors - the slight change in formation making better use of his talents; being able to step out of the shadow of Bayliss; the extremely competitive midfield options or just generally him growing physically and mentally and getting used to the rigours of being a pro .Some of the through balls he's played in the last few games have been sublime and one Madders would be pleased with, let alone Bayliss.

Maybe he will dip at some point - he is quite energetic but still young and may feel the effects a few months in. Even seasoned pros can get that fatigue. But if he does need that rest it is reassuring the options we have available.

I think in terms of the fans on the whole they'll give 'one of our own' a bit more time (but that won't make them immune - Burge for example - but in terms of the management and coaches they have more to do. If you sign a player you're almost forced to play them to prove that you've made a good decision and not spent money on fees/wages unnecessarily. They don't have that pressure with kids.

Totally agreed on all counts Dreamer. Mason has also been excellent. I also see Dabo as a big positive this season - he's more assertive then Sterling. As I think Nick pointed out in an early thread on Dabo he's certainly not afraid to front up - I like his competitive edge and he never goes hiding.

Sky Blue Pete

Totally agreed on all counts Dreamer. Mason has also been excellent. I also see Dabo as a big positive this season - he's more assertive then Sterling. As I think Nick pointed out in an early thread on Dabo he's certainly not afraid to front up - I like his competitive edge and he never goes hiding.
Agree on all counts

fatso

I think genuine competition is keeping everyone on their toes, Shipley knows that Westbrook will want to get back in the starting line up, not to mention Kelly and Allen when fit.

Briles

Has anyone got any idea when this guy is gonna actually be fit ?

I would say another few weeks before he is in the under 23s and then maybe a few weeks after that see him on the bench or in the Checkatrade

shmmeee

Yeah can’t believe Robins has blew funds on another sick note.

Damn Robins and his inability to predict the future!!

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread