James Perch (1 Viewer)

kg82

Embarrassing incident. In my opinion he should be banned too.

kg82

What happened?

One of those where 2 players put their heads together (I call them football fights)!! Reina moved his head towards Perch but there was very minimal, if any, contact and Perch has gone down holding his face. Reina's been stupid, asked for the red card but Perch was just an embarrassment for faking it.

scroobiustom

Perch should not be banned, what the hell are you on about! Could not disagree more, the real question is what was Reina thinking!

kg82

I didn't say anything about Reina. I agree he was an idiot. But Perch didn't get touched and he's gone down holding his face - feigning injury. Hate that so much. In my opinion he should be banned too. Sorry if that's not with your opinion.

scroobiustom

Sorry, that post may have come across a bit strong, sorry for that. I just feel what Perch did "going down'' was the apt response to what Reina did - cause and effect? no need for Perch to be persecuted for the stupidity of Reina?

It may not be nice to see, but if he hadn't gone down Reina stays on...possible that Liverpool could of come back and it cost Newcastle millions in Europe, then the comments of "should of gone down would arise", would they not?

Last edited:

kg82

Cause and effect? If Reina had touched him, yeah. But he didn't. In my eyes it's disgraceful. I think Reina would have got sent off anyway, the ref saw all of it. There was no need for the over-dramatics. My opinion, he should be banned for a couple of games.

scroobiustom

In my opinion I don't think it matters as to whether Reina actually made contact, the motion of a headbutt is enough for a red - I think we are all agreed.

The reaction of Perch I do not feel in anyway justifies the same outcome of a three match ban. The worst it can be perceived as is a dive, and thus not warranting of a ban in the first place.

As embarrassing as the situation for Perch and Newcastle was, in the end it was still funny to see Liverpool lose another game under 'King' Kenny - who has to be the most under pressure monarch in the world!

kg82

Oh, don't get me wrong, the situation at Liverpool is laughable. Dalglish has been acting like a spoiled adolescent for months now and deserves everything that comes his way. But Perch's behaviour I feel does warrant a punishment. It wasn't exactly a headbutt. Yes, the motion was forward, but it was more in the theme of "football fight" (which I have referenced above)! But yeah.... KK :pointlaugh:

Hugh Jarse

Raina was stupid and got what he deserved.

I would like to think that the Newcastle manager will take appropriate action for Perch's actions. It was a disgrace but it's something that's started to creep back into English football. I blame SKY and ESPN for showing too much Spanish and Italian football!!

clerkin61

mind you, perch did deliberately trip reina up first - not justifying what reina did, i agree that even tho' he didn't touch perch the simple fact he made the action made a red card correct. think both perch and reina behaved badly - but perch, in going down, cheated.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread