James McPake... (1 Viewer)

Walking Bird

Wants out according to Telegraph this morning. Has actually put in a transfer request.. Oh well .

Otis

Really rate the bloke, but always injured.

Best for all parties concerned in my opinion.

Walking Bird

Reminds me our Scottish right back a few seasons ago (forgot his name).
Good player on the day but shockingly injury prone, we can't afford to be carrying people. We need to try & use his wages (if sisu allow) to bring in strengh in the midfield or upfront.

Nick

Administrator
Wants to go back above the border? Or is that code for somebody wants to buy him?

lordsummerisle

Nothing but a clogger, with no skill or appreciation of the game or players around him.

If not injured so much people would be glad to get rid of him anyway if he'd had any decent game time.

Gaz

I rate McPake and would rather we keep him, but if he wants to go then fine.

I believe that if he hadn't had so many injuries, that he would have been a first choice centre back.

Last edited:
I didn't realise he was still a member of the squad. We don't need players that don't want to be here though. Wonder what the Freddy situation is.

torchomatic

I liked McPake but as others have said if he doesn't want to be here then we need to get rid.

WillieStanley

Considering how much time and patience the club and fans have given him, I feel a little off with this. But it seems to be a family decision, which I understand.

He's cost us a lot of money though, with little return.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I'm pretty disappointed with his attitude to be perfectly honest. He's been injured for the majority of his time here, yet the club stood by him and even offered him a one-year extension to his contract. His reaction? To throw it back in AT's face and demand to leave rather than fight for his place in the team. No one player is above the team. If he doesn't want to stay and fight for his place, we are much better off getting rid.

“I may look for another centre-half because Nathan is out for six weeks or use his money to bring in another forward.”

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...coventry-city-92746-30057742/2/#ixzz1iTiCneQb

Does this mean that Cody is not good enough? Lets be honest we have 5/6 strikers already.

Juke - Quality
Eastwood - Good when fit
Platt - Holds the ball up well
Cody - Needs game time
Mcsheff - Has played well up top although a more natural midfielder
The Kid - A little too young and inexperienced.

I don't see why he can't get these lads banging them in. Take Eastwood and Cody alone. Lower leagues they were hammering them in, should be good for at least 20 between them in this league. For some reason though Thorn can't get them firing on all cylinders.

Walking Bird

Well maybe now orange ken is a distant memory we may change policy of just offering contracts to anybody?

When McPake actually played for us, and at his peak, I recall him being an excellent centreback, absolutely fearless in the tackle, superb in the air and pretty good on the ball.

Opposition forwards knew he was there all right - for fellow old gits on SBT he reminds me so much of Roy Barry who became a legend at CCFC for his performances - even he was plagued with injuries notably a badly broken leg.

The most recent comparison of a good "sick note" player was David McNamee (Rightback) who played just 29 games for CCFC between 2006-2008 and was later sold to Plymouth where again his appearances were meagre.

But despite J Mc's ability we cannot carry a crock for ever therefore we must not stand in his way to seek a club elsewhere.

PUSB

Thanks CN.....I thought he was one of the players offered 4 year deals along with Bell and Baker?

I know McSheffrey got an extension but was the length of the contract ever divulged?

Didn't McPake just sign a 4-year extension to his contract?

If so, what the fook is going on....that was only a few weeks ago!!!

This is the time that it pays to have the contract. If he hadn't signed an extension he would go for free at the end of this season. As he has, we can sell him now.

Good business by CCFC for once.

ccfcway

sell him ?

As if any of the Scottish lot have any money to buy someone

at the most, we will get 50k for him.

And we have prob paid that out in a "signing on fee" for his new contract anyway

We are not the winners in this deal (how often do we say that !)

sell him ?

As if any of the Scottish lot have any money to buy someone

at the most, we will get 50k for him.

And we have prob paid that out in a "signing on fee" for his new contract anyway

We are not the winners in this deal (how often do we say that !)

I bet a fiver you're wrong.

You seem to know a lot....I'll bow to your 'insider-type knowledge'...and wait for the offers to roll in.

Yeah I know alot because I have read the story. My insider knowledge comes from the telegraph story that we are discussing here.

Three Premier clubs north of the border – Hearts, Hibs and Dunfermline – are understood to have expressed an interest in the 27-year-old centre-back who recently signed a one-year contract extension at the Ricoh Arena, meaning City should be able to get a fee for his services

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...e-coventry-city-92746-30057742/#ixzz1iTvQDGEd

Last edited:
No mate, your are in the know...your comments suggest that. Fair play, I'm waiting to see who comes in for Sicknote McPake now.

Off to work now....thanks for the insightful comments (or saving me having to buy the CT!!) PUSB!

No mate, your are in the know...your comments suggest that. Fair play, I'm waiting to see who comes in for Sicknote McPake now.

Off to work now....thanks for the insightful comments (or saving me having to buy the CT!!) PUSB!

Does anyone here know what this guy is on? I have posted comments based on what is in the story, and have posted the parts of the story that I'm referring to. Yet he still tells me that I'm in the know?

Only thing i ever remember seeing of Mcpake was him scoring against Leicester a few seasons back when I was there - we came back from 2-0 down to 2-2 , other than that I agree with some of the posts on here - Bit out of order if we've stuck by him and now he wants out

procdoc

I rate him as a defender but we have plenty of cover at the back. The only problem is Cameron is out for 6 weeks so maybe we could do with a short term loan until he's fit?

Si80

McPake has just tweeted that he hasn't handed in a transfer request and that like any player he just wants to play games and is committed to CCFC and will continue to fight for his place in the team.

Walking Bird

Just seen that on Twitter.
That confuses it a bit someone's not being 100% honest somewhere or have the Telegraph made a balls up on their story??? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread