James McPake may miss rest of the season! (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueKay

Facebook User
COVENTRY City centre-back James McPake is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines with manager Aidy Boothroyd admitting he is not sure if he will be out for a couple of months or the rest of the season.

The hard man defender, who limped out of Monday's 2-1 defeat at Barnsley in the 11th minute, has suffered a double fracture to his lower back.

McPake will almost certainly require surgery to repair the injury which could bring a premature end to his campaign.

Gutted :( It could have been a lot worse for him with it being his back, at least he's walking and stuff! I hope he isn't out all season but I think he might be :(

Disorganised1

It must be the bottom of his back - very painful - how did he do that ?

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
James McPake is injured, what's new?

Shame though because when he plays he throws his body at challenges and fights for the cause, can't ask for anymore. Good luck to him on his recovery.

Need Big Ben back now and a match fit natural left back.

Disorganised1

I did it many years ago - there's a small area above the cocyx and below the the main part of the spine - I was paralysed for 2 hours after I did it, and its still weak now.

n1xon

McPake injury latest

Coventry City manager Aidy Boothroyd has been talking about James McPake's back injury which will see him out for the rest of the season.

"He (McPake) has two small fractures at the bottom of his back and it is looking like it'll be for months now and not weeks as we initially thought," Boothroyd announced at the weekly press conference to Sky Blue Player.

"It's unlucky that this injury has hit James and we must look to get him back as soon as we can.

"He's currently in consultation with a surgeon and it's only once we speak to James along with the physios that we'll have a definitive timetable for his return.

"But I do believe that there is an operation on the way.

Speaking about whay may have lead to McPake getting this injury, Boothroyd said: "You have got to play hurt sometimes, as no-one plays at a 100% now, but unfortunately for us James has probably trained too hurt because he's the sort where we actually need to coax him to calm down a bit.

"But James is so desperate to play and win and this injury is probably just a culmination of factors.

"Ben (Turner) is still dealing with his injury and is getting closer to a return and then we have Richard (Wood) and Martin (Crainie) who have filled in for us at left-back with the problems we've had there and are more than adept and keen to play the more central role.

"So we still have 3 or 4 players waiting to fill the void left by James' injury."

Jimthor

McPake's one of my favourite players at the club. Always throwing his body in the way and makes some great last-ditch challenges. I still think our best CB pairing would be him and Turner; could be some time before we see that though!
Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery.

Users who are viewing this thread