James Maddison (1 Viewer)

Littlewood CCFC

Thought the lad looked great when he came on, played with flair and looked very confident passing the ball and receiving the ball in tight areas. Maybe Conor Thomas should take notes..

pusbccfc

He's definitely grown, he was about 5'4 the last time I saw him.
He will be a starter by the end of the season.

covcity4life

moved into space very well,good close control.

however i think his antural atatcking instinct was muted last night by team mentality, everytime he turned his opponent he opted to pass ball backwards, well most of time anyway.

not sure hes a central midfielder but a attacking mid or support striker he could do a very good job.

Norman Binns

I largely agree with the previous comments and I thought he had a good, solid 45 mins. His movement into space and awareness of what was around him was excellent.

You could call it a muted performance in terms of playing positive forward balls but I think it was more to do with intelligent play and ball retention rather than risk giving possession away needlessly. Far too many times we see balls played forward more in hope than expectation and it that respect I think his pass selection was faultless given the circumstances of the game. We were 3-0 up, we don’t need to chase the game, why give the ball away? What’s important was he was always looking to probe and be positive and you could clearly see the potential there.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Yes maybe a good sub if our injuries keep rising.....

torchomatic

Yeah, he played well when he came on. Thomas too. George not the other one!

Woodster

Nice to see him and G. Thomas get the game time. Maddison would be too lightweight to play the role he did last night for the first team right away, but can see him being involved in a more advanced role.

PVA

I didn't go last night but have seen Maddison a few times and he is an amazing talent, could go right to the top (not with us of course)

J

Jack Griffin

William Edjenguele ‏@WilliamEdj23 Protected Tweets 5m5 minutes ago

Happy for my youngz @JamesMadderz10 for scorin tni. I saw the talent while bein in the bomb squad. Keep workin young fella! X

Some praise from an ex CCFC player.

Users who are viewing this thread