James Maddison (1 Viewer)

Joe

Probably been covered already but does anyone know if we get any money if Leicester sell Maddison- like a “next club sell on fee” ?

Marty

I would assume it'll be covered by the original sell on fee we originally included in the deal. Technically any add ons Norwich included are all apart of his transfer so we should be entitled to our cut.

ccfchoi87

If it’s anything like football manager, we would get a small percentage of around 2.5%. That could be a substantial amount.

procdoc

I would have thought that when Norwich sold him to Leicester that would be the end of our involvement

clint van damme

And we still don't know the answer! lol
I don't see the point of discussing it. No-one outside the club knows what is written into the contracts.

You're right none of us know!
But I think it's been established in the other threads that there was a quote from someone within the club when he was sold which said we have investment in him throughout his career.
I think the 10% of Norwichs cut mentioned by HuckerbyDublinWhelan is probably about right but that's just a guess.

skybluetony176

When we sold him didn’t the club state that we had a stake in his entire career? If that’s the case I would say yes, we are due some money when Leicester sells him.

mrtrench

Not only do we not know, but I doubt we'll ever know. The club is hardly going to advertise that it's just received a wadge of dosh and mismanage selling clubs' xfer fee expectations (or indeed players' wage expectations).

I read that Jesse Lingard is being offered in part-exchange. If we are due some money this makes it more complex - as the value of Lingard has to be agreed. What do we reckon? TransferMarkt has it as £28.8m. So Jimmy Madderz would be £45+£28 = £73.8m. Quite a bit below the £100m bandied about.

SlowerThanPlatt

Not only do we not know, but I doubt we'll ever know. The club is hardly going to advertise that it's just received a wadge of dosh and mismanage selling clubs' xfer fee expectations (or indeed players' wage expectations).

I read that Jesse Lingard is being offered in part-exchange. If we are due some money this makes it more complex - as the value of Lingard has to be agreed. What do we reckon? TransferMarkt has it as £28.8m. So Jimmy Madderz would be £45+£28 = £73.8m. Quite a bit below the £100m bandied about.

The article says they value Lingard at £40m. He hasn’t scored and created a goal in the Premier League for over a year

It is complete nonsense though and shows anything can get published

mrtrench

Briles

The big one will be If wilson goes

robbiekeane

The big one will be If wilson goes
Imagine if we get promoted, and they both go by next summer and we come out with 5m-10m out of it plus the increase we get from being in the championship. Might actually be able to survive a year up there

chiefdave

Been listening to the CWR podcast with Dave Boddy and he mentioned we get money from Norwich pretty much quarterly from the add-on clauses in Maddisions contract.

Skybluemichael

We get 10% of what Norwich get, Dave Boddy said on the sky blues extra pod that we get money every year Leicester stay in the premier league, said there was money always coming in from that sale

Skybluemichael

When Norwich sold him they said they wanted x amount of money every year leicester are in the premier league, when we sold him we said we wanted 10% of everything Norwich get for him over the £4 mil they paid,

Users who are viewing this thread