James Maddison - 'The Prince' (1 Viewer)

Skybluemac

A few years ago an Italian, Giannini was idolised by the Roma and Italian fans (prior Totti). (Google/Youtube to see) He was an elegant,stylish, creative midfielder who they loved and dubbed 'The Prince'
Played in a very similar style to our very own 'Prince' - Madderz - maybe a suitable title?

hill83

H7bMTCA.gif

Gazolba

First he was a 'starlet', now he's a 'prince'. And he hasn't achieved anything yet except a couple of goals in L1.

Otis

Prince? PAH! He's a king!!

In fact, why don't we just call him God!, the supreme being!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

coop

I've no doubt the attention he is getting most teams will go out to hurt him from now on although Walsall already done that job on him.

Otis

I think we need to be a bit meaner then. We are the nice guys at the moment, not surrounding referees, not pleading for yellow and red cards and not getting in the officials' faces.

I think the first time someone has a go at taking a lump out of James Maddison we should be right in the ref's face asking for punishment. Really lay it on thick.

eastwoodsdustman

It was good to see Stokes running straight over to get involved when the Chesterfield pleb started to have a go at Maddison the other day.

ps1948

It was good to see Stokes running straight over to get involved when the Chesterfield pleb started to have a go at Maddison the other day.

I remember that Paul Telfer, who was not the most popular amongst some fans (some things don't change.....) was a real hard nut who was always there to back up his more skilled team-mates when they were getting kicked.

skyblueelephant

I've no doubt the attention he is getting most teams will go out to hurt him from now on although Walsall already done that job on him.

To be fair Walsall did nothing to him, Maddison had a bad first touch then dived into a stupid tackle - it was his own fault he got injured.

Otis

To be fair Walsall did nothing to him, Maddison had a bad first touch then dived into a stupid tackle - it was his own fault he got injured.
Yep, think we all know that, but he is going to get targeted I'm sure and that's probably by all teams.

mechaishida

Well, some people are easily moved to sarcasm when someone makes an innocent post, aren't they?

I think it's an apt nickname myself; the last two games have been a firm indication of Madders' intent and talent, I mean he was in excellent form prior to his injury, but now he's back with a point to prove.

When will our fans cease this necessity for negativity and just see the bigger picture: Madders will only be with us for a relatively short period of time, so let's just enjoy the lad's contribution while he's here. He's got more talent and potential than any player in L1, possibly even the Championship too.

Otis

Well, some people are easily moved to sarcasm when someone makes an innocent post, aren't they?

I think it's an apt nickname myself; the last two games have been a firm indication of Madders' intent and talent, I mean he was in excellent form prior to his injury, but now he's back with a point to prove.

When will our fans cease this necessity for negativity and just see the bigger picture: Madders will only be with us for a relatively short period of time, so let's just enjoy the lad's contribution while he's here. He's got more talent and potential than any player in L1, possibly even the Championship too.
I'm always easily moved to sarcasm to be fair.

westofrayne

A few years ago an Italian, Giannini was idolised by the Roma and Italian fans (prior Totti). (Google/Youtube to see) He was an elegant,stylish, creative midfielder who they loved and dubbed 'The Prince'
Played in a very similar style to our very own 'Prince' - Madderz - maybe a suitable title?

His only played a handfull of games, has so much potential, but I've seen so many players over the years be in his position and disappear without a trace. Just let him play, enjoy it whilst his here.

Otis

His only played a handfull of games, has so much potential, but I've seen so many players over the years be in his position and disappear without a trace. Just let him play, enjoy it whilst his here.
Yep and be wary of fake princes too. The crown quite often slips.

I'm happy with him just being James Maddison, footballer.

oscillatewildly

Definitely. I was yelling at the top of my voice (still paying for it now) for our lot to protect their team mate when that happened, and right on cue as you stated, up stepped the 'minder'.

Users who are viewing this thread