James Maddison sell on clause? Bid from WEST HAM (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Yet another example of the absolute mediocrity of the Premier League

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

Chelsea should be thrown out for all the cheating tonight, absolute disgrace usually, but even worse against a lower league opponent.

Conte should get a touchline ban for hounding the ref at the end of extra time

Cov kid 55

That penalty by Maddison, showed a real coolness and composure under pressure. It’s the kind of composure that top players show. He’s got some way to go, he still seems to go missing for long periods of games (although I guess I’m basing that mainly on the first half tonight!), and I think he needs to dominate the game more. If he adds that to his game, has more influence on games, then that composure and calmness under pressure will help him to become a very good player.

oscillatewildly

That penalty by Maddison, showed a real coolness and composure under pressure. It’s the kind of composure that top players show. He’s got some way to go, he still seems to go missing for long periods of games (although I guess I’m basing that mainly on the first half tonight!), and I think he needs to dominate the game more. If he adds that to his game, has more influence on games, then that composure and calmness under pressure will help him to become a very good player.
Liked the look he gave the Home counties brigade behind the goal after cooly converting too.

Astute

11th game of the season yesterday for me thanks. Not sure why you felt the need to make me make that point. All you’ve done is make yourself wrong twice.

Surely even you can see that we never had a player of Maddison’s quality last season, even replacing Maddison’s quality he possessed when he was with us and he’s only got better since. Diluting the quality of your squad season on season is a recipe for relegation and that’s what happened.

Also kind of ironic (maybe that should be moronic) that you admit that you haven’t seen him play either in Scotland or for Norwich. It’s like you’re admitting that you haven’t got a clue what you’re talking about as part of your argument as to why you’re right. Well that and convincing yourself that I don’t go to watch us play so therefore you must be right.

You’re admitting that you’re basing your opinion on a combination of something you don’t know anything about (ie how Maddison has progressed as you’ve confessed to not even giving his career a passing glance) and complete fantasy (as you keep making out I don’t attend games). You’re not ever going to be right basing your opinions on that and you must be a special kind of moron if you’ve convinced yourself you are.
I agree with most of this.

But someone said Maddison was the best player for us since leaving the Prem. I would put Wilson before him. Better than Leon Best?

The best player by far has been Dennis Wise. I believed the hype and just thought he was a bully. But he ran nearly every game he played in. Not bad for an old man. I would be very surprised if Maddison at his peak is even close to Wise at the age of 40.

But that is class against hope.

Last edited:

Grendel

I agree with most of this.

But someone said Maddison was the best player for us since leaving the Prem. I would put Wilson before him. Better than Leon Best?

The best player by far has been Dennis Wise. I believed the hype and just thought he was a bully. But he ran nearly every game he played in. Not bad for an old man. I would be very surprised if Maddison at his peak is even close to Wise at the age of 40.

But that is class against hope.

If best player is by achievement it’s clearly Jordan Henderson.

oucho

Personally I thought Marlon King was the best forward we had since relegation.

covcity4life

It's a mediocre league, 75% of the teams in it are a bad run away from being a Championship side.
Close to being a championship team purely because of how much competition there is in prem to be honest. Also the championship has become 5th biggest league in europe now so that agaib shows not really mediocre imo

With the tv revenues you have likes of west ham and stoke etx buying players from europeon powerhouses so i am not sure i would class it as medicority.

SkyBlueZack

In terms of ability it's mediocre. If it's as good as made out, why are the best players in the world in Spain? The PL is over hyped.

ashbyjan

Watched game last night and what struck me most about Maddison was how much he had matured physically. Look a decent solid stature - it was what was missing from his game when with us, all the skills etc but weak. Thats now changed and I can see a really bright future for this Cov kid - and hopefully some cash for us off the back of it. Looked good last night, showed some nice touches without ever setting the place alight.

fernandopartridge

Close to being a championship team purely because of how much competition there is in prem to be honest. Also the championship has become 5th biggest league in europe now so that agaib shows not really mediocre imo

With the tv revenues you have likes of west ham and stoke etx buying players from europeon powerhouses so i am not sure i would class it as medicority.

Is that the same Stoke who were beaten by a 4th division side the other week? The same West Ham who needed a replay and extra time to beat a 3rd division side? It's a mediocre league, for all the extra money it seems to go backwards.

covcity4life

Is that the same Stoke who were beaten by a 4th division side the other week? The same West Ham who needed a replay and extra time to beat a 3rd division side? It's a mediocre league, for all the extra money it seems to go backwards.

its the cup. the fa cup, the king of upsets. they will happen. its the beauty of football

Bordeaux went out to a 8th tier team in the coupe de france last week, happens everywhere

you are obssessed with the money in prem, and it makes you bias. we have 5 teams in champs league knockouts. last year man u won the europa(uefa)cup. we are not going backwards. will always be cycles in europe but we may be on precipice of a good era for english teams due to the strength of the prem

Grendel

Dennis Wise achieved more in his career than Jordan Henderson to date

Henderson has already played nearly double the games wise did for England.

Grendel

The league is a joke. Most teams plan to avoid relegation. That prick Scudamore made me laugh when he wanted to export games abroad. Crystal Palace vs Huddersfield in New York would really bring them in.

It employs mediocre foreign players on bloated salaries.

ccfc_ukr

Henderson has already played nearly double the games wise did for England.
International call ups depend so much on who else is available at the time. Just look at Dion Dublin as an example. In both Wise and Henderson era the national team hasn't achieved anything.

You can only really base a comparison on titles and cups really which Wise wins hands down.

Grendel

International call ups depend so much on who else is available at the time. Just look at Dion Dublin as an example. In both Wise and Henderson era the national team hasn't achieved anything.

You can only really base a comparison on titles and cups really which Wise wins hands down.

So because Arthur Albiston won 3 F A cups he was a great full back?

Sky Blue Harry H

In terms of ability it's mediocre. If it's as good as made out, why are the best players in the world in Spain? The PL is over hyped.

Barcelona/Madrid/Valencia v Liverpool/Stoke/Newcastle - where would you sooner live/which is warmer?

fernandopartridge

Despite the fact that we often were involved to some extent in a relegation battle, I can never remember going into the season thinking that our sole objective was to stay up. I don't think many others did either apart from promoted teams in the PL era.

Look at Huddersfield the other week, johnny come lately fans clapping the opposition (Chelsea), they probably didn't realise which team was which. It's all this type of character in grounds now:

maxresdefault.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread