James Collins (2 Viewers)

steve82

I do think that Collins would have been a decent signing, but I'm not ready to throw myself in the bath with the toaster if we don't sign him. 1 in 3 is a decent goalscoring return, but last season was the first time he's made it to 20 goals in a season, so he's not an absolute guarantee to fire us to promotion.

Hit over 14 a few seasons tho and with a league two career record of 71 in 194 says it would of helped just on his goals alone without adding what he offers to the team also.

However any player is only a injury away from having a below average season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlansEyes

Hit over 14 a few seasons tho and with a league two career record of 71 in 194 says it would of helped just on his goals alone without adding what he offers to the team also.

However any player is only a injury away from having a below average season.

Yup, I think he would be a good signing, but I am kind of pre-empting the wave of negativity that will come when he signs for Luton. I think we will have a CT reactions gallery full of people saying that missing out on Collins has blown our promotion hopes and that he's bound to go on and score 85 goals this season for Luton. I'm sure he would have scored goals for us, but if he goes elsewhere I'm confident that we'll still be ok if we continue to recruit well.

steve82

Yup, I think he would be a good signing, but I am kind of pre-empting the wave of negativity that will come when he signs for Luton. I think we will have a CT reactions gallery full of people saying that missing out on Collins has blown our promotion hopes and that he's bound to go on and score 85 goals this season for Luton. I'm sure he would have scored goals for us, but if he goes elsewhere I'm confident that we'll still be ok if we continue to recruit well.

Yes!!! Ha ha

steve82

So he didn't sign today like everyone expected. Can only hope we came back in for him. It's a long shot though.

I'm hoping the same, especially with the talk of George maybe attracting interest for 500k.
Let's hope we've came back in at the 11th hour

steve82

It's is not known what has held up the move, although one rumour is Crawley are holding out for money than originally agreed, but it looks like another day of waiting tomorrow for Hatters fans.

Have we been cheeky?

Cavan O'Doherty

It's is not known what has held up the move, although one rumour is Crawley are holding out for money than originally agreed, but it looks like another day of waiting tomorrow for Hatters fans.

Have we been cheeky?

Imagine the scenes if we snatched him right from under their noses. It's unlikely though

David O'Day

Why are people acting like he's Pele? Is it just cause he's from Cov? We need better than James Collins

steve82

We can't sign any better in league 2, bar Akinde who would cost a fortune.

Akinde ain't better than Collins. His stats suggest he is but his overall style of play is different to Collins.

Akinde scores a lot of penalties and has a very lazy style of play

Cavan O'Doherty

There's a rumour that they are holding out for a higher fee from Luton as they just sold their striker for a hefty fee. If Luton say no... enter Mark Robins.

oucho

We can only pray.
If we are praying for things I'd suggest we pray that the last 17 years have been a bad dream, it's still 2000 and none of the many bads that happened since then actually took place

Users who are viewing this thread