Jacob Murphy - Preston (1 Viewer)

beckford

We are rumoured to be chasing a loan deal for him, along with Reading.

He was on loan with you last season, so..............

Is he any good? Championship standard?

Cheers.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

this could be interesting, when he is on it he's a brilliant player, when he isn't he's a nightmare often gives the impression he isn't trying and doesn't give a toss.

Si80

On his day he was too good for League 1 level. A massive confidence player who could be a real asset to any Championship/ League 1 side.

He took a lot of flack from our fans, and sometimes rightly so for not putting a shift in / looking disinterested in the game. But when he clicked he was a real asset for us. I'd have him back. Surprised Norwich would let him go to a rival though, especially as they've lost Redmond and he could fit in on the wing for them?

beckford

Surprised Norwich would let him go to a rival though, especially as they've lost Redmond and he could fit in on the wing for them?

Same league yes, but without sounding too negative, realistically we aren't going to be their rivals next season.

It would make sense for them to loan him to a Championship side as the next stage of his development.

They are trying to sign Canos from Liverpool to replace Redmond apparently.

FRY-CCFC

He's a great player, bags of pace and technical ability.

He'll piss off the fans who love a player who runs around a lot as that's not his game and when he's not playing particularly great, they'll say he doesn't care and puts in no effort which is obviously bollocks. Will do well for you. Double figures for goals and assists last year says it all really.

rupert_bear

Good player ! His problem here was simply some supporters here expect Ronaldo every week and forgot last season was his first full season in a first team envoirement I think he scored 10 and a similar amount of assists

Yorkshire SB

Yeah really liked him. First half of the season he was arguably as good as Armstrong. Declined a bit second half of the season, but so did everyone else. Runs at defenders, and has great delivery but also a very able finisher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobo

He is a push and run player with great pace. When he gets on the last man with space in behind he looks fantastic. When they double up on him he is clueless.
Needs to develop more upper body strength and grow up mentally. Has a lot of potential but coin is in the air.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Just to give you both sides of the coin, and to irritate everyone on this forum one last time...

I personally felt that he was a massive burden on the team for large parts of last season. He takes far more shots than anyone else, but often does them at times when he could play someone else in. Largely greedy, and not very good in an intelligent passing and moving team.

There are times next season when you'll need to dig in to get a result, and Murphy is exactly the kind of player you do not want on the pitch during this time. It can feel like you're playing with 10 men a lot of games, with the odd spark that will impress you.

In contrast to what someone else said, I did feel as if there were many times last season his attitude let him down. He visibly looked like he couldn't be bothered a lot of the time, mind you it didn't help that the manager was picking him regardless of his last 10 absimal perfomrances.

He can be exciting at times, and may well score you a few goals. He wasn't anywhere near consistent enough for League 1 however, so will be interesting to see how he progresses now. Scores 3 against top of the league Gillingahm, but then looks Sunday League against Doncaster. Go figure.

Best of luck for the season.

Kingokings204

Yes a very good young player.

Extremely fast and skillful with an eye for goal with scoring some crackers for us.

When he is off he is off make no mistake but that comes with his ages and level. He won't run for 90 mins and therefore looks lazy at times but that's just not his game.

superskyblue

Would be interested to see how he goes. I think he'll end up being a good championship player but no better than that. Whether he's ready for the championship next year remains to be seen.

Good luck to him though, wouldn't mind him back here.

AFCCOVENTRY

He wasn't a consistent league 1 player. I don't think he will be able to cut it as a consistent championship player.

Bertola

His twin is the more highly rated of the two... Sign him, and let us have Jacob back for another year

covcity4life

one his day he is brilliant. runs at defenders scores different types of goals from tap ins to worldie long rangers

when hes not on his he is a passenger who cant do anything right

dont do what our fans did and boo the shit out of him for things that aint even his fault and he will probably have more good days than not

Otis

Very hit and miss and much more miss than hit.

There's a good player in there somewhere, but he lets his head drop too easily and when he is out of form he is a liability. It is like playing with 10 players.

Not at all sure he is good enough or consistent yet for the Championship.

Ashdown

Good player, his stats don't lie. Only weakness is a fragile confidence, the right manager should reap dividends out of him.

lifeskyblue

A game winner on his day. When on song will create and score plenty. If his head drops you will wonder what he is doing on the pitch.
I would have him back here and if your fans stick behind him he could well be an asset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covstu

Would generally agree with what most have put here, the lad has the potential to be a good player but work ethic is lacking. If he gets one kick or if he knows he cannot get past the defender he will go missing for the game

asiaskyblues

I find this extremely strange, loaning him to a team in the same league. I can only guess Norwich want to off load him so will 'put him in the shop window' till January. This action of loaning him is even before player's go back for training

Covstu

I find this extremely strange, loaning him to a team in the same league. I can only guess Norwich want to off load him so will 'put him in the shop window' till January. This action of loaning him is even before player's go back for training
clearly not in their plans and don't see him as a threat.

shelby76

He is young but has has a lot of potential, good signing if managed the right way think he should cut his losses and leave norwich and get on with his career instead of getting passed round like a prostitute in a jail.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If you get the player we had, then he isn't good enough for the championship. Has enough ability to play in the championship but hasn't developed mentally.

beckford

Thanks for the replies.

At least there seems to be some speed and trickery in this lad, which we currently lack. A lot.

Terry Gibson's perm

Works well for Norwich if he scores the winner against all the other challenging teams and then can't play against them. Loans into the same league should not be allowed.

Good quick direct player lost his confidence

Users who are viewing this thread