Jack Finch (1 Viewer)

shy_tall_knight

For those that went yesterday how did he do ? Did he work well with Fleck in the middle and allow Fleck to get further forward. For an 18 year old lad from what little I've seen he seems very assured but is CM his proper position I thought he was a central defender.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Prefer him at CM than CB as can be error prone, but think he did well. If I was in charge of subs (like if I could text a sub, or something like that ;) ), I'd have taken him off for Swanson, but maybe SP got the sub decisions right yesterday after all.......

think he he looked more involved when he wasn't alongside Barton as they do play similar; CDM

wingy

Great young prospect. Kinda reminds me of John O'Shea in a funny way, cus he can play in so many different positions

Think we should Pursue him through the route he's taken In most of his years here ,which Is the CM route ,where he prefers It .

Think It's only SP who's tried to convert him to CB ,he had an excellent outing At NB friendly two summers back ,but It was only NB.

With the right Input /Encouragement and his physique I think we could have a Tony Currie style player In the ranks .

Boy would that be something .:)

shy_tall_knight

I will admit that I am guilty of having too high an expectation of youth players as we have so many regularly blooded in the first team who have done well that we expect them all to be instant successes. I like the look of him so confident for his age.

johnwillomagic

Hmm not done badly for one so young -----however Im not sure he should be starting. You certainly cannot have him and Barton
as two central midfielders in 4-4-2 way too similar and too pedestian offering nothing going forward.

Fleck with him in centre may be a better balance..........would like him to have a rest soon but good to see him breaking through.

It does seem CM is his better role, he seems to play well there, but its good to have a utility player if we need one. For example, if Reda gets sent off and Finchy is in CM, he can drop back to CB to cover

ccfcdale

Thought he was top class against Orient. Him and Barton did "terrific" in the middle of the park.

Users who are viewing this thread