Ivor Lawton (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Connor Thomas is a very good talent. he has suffered at the club in recent times but I think we all will see Connor come back to life under TM this coming season. Liverpool had a eye for him and since then he went backwards and lost confidence. I would expect an about turn on that under TM. Could be like a new signing of quality this year...

ccfcway

i suppose it doesnt make much of a difference with length of contract as he wil be under 24 anyway.

Terry Gibson's perm

Connor Thomas is a very good talent. he has suffered at the club in recent times but I think we all will see Connor come back to life under TM this coming season. Liverpool had a eye for him and since then he went backwards and lost confidence. I would expect an about turn on that under TM. Could be like a new signing of quality this year...

Does Thomas seem so bad because we have such high expectations for him as he was coming through we kept hearing how good he was and I expected a Steven Gerrard type midfielder were we have move of defensive type, the time at Liverpool did not seem to help him though and he doesn't seem a very confident player.

FRY-CCFC

ahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhaahhahahaah

christonabike

Ivor is a very passionate lad home grown and fell out of favour under Pressley who can be churlish to be blunt as he kept putting the lad in defence. He is a roaming midfielder who scores goals and had a word with TM and said what his position is. This was when when TM had just took over and TM said to the lad I will watch the under 21 games etc and see how you fit in.
A decent young player who like many will do well elsewhere if over looked.

stupot07

Does Thomas seem so bad because we have such high expectations for him as he was coming through we kept hearing how good he was and I expected a Steven Gerrard type midfielder were we have move of defensive type, the time at Liverpool did not seem to help him though and he doesn't seem a very confident player.

Not a bad shout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Gint11

This lad is being hyped up to much. Setting it up for a fall. Not the lads fault though.

Terry Gibson's perm

This lad is being hyped up to much. Setting it up for a fall. Not the lads fault though.

They would be better off letting him progress without being hyped up or he may become the next Andy Ducros or Connor Thomas or many others that we expect too much of to soon.

NorthernWisdom

tbf not convinced that article does hype him up!

He’s had an indifferent season purely because he’s such a great lad that he’s played in positions for the good of the team and not necessarily for the good of himself... If the Under-21s are going to be young next year you do need a senior pro in there but also young men who have great values, and Ivor has that. He’s a natural leader and bleeds sky blue; he’s Coventry through and through.

i.e. he had a dodgy last season, and he'll be in U21s next.

Gint11

tbf not convinced that article does hype him up!

i.e. he had a dodgy last season, and he'll be in U21s next.

I've read TM saying he could be a 'iconic warrior' and also Andy Turner write 'if he makes it he will captain Sky Blues' - Both of these example are hype.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

watching him in the U21's he plays with a passion for the game but he will ultimatly only be as good as the players around him connor thomas has played in some of the worst teams weve had and when it was looking good in the first half on 2013/14 he played a key roll alongside fleck, in a good passing side thomas can hold his own when its not so free flowing he disappears

rob9872

Ivor Biggun due to sign by the weekend too

Users who are viewing this thread