It's worse than you can inagine (2 Viewers)

Lord_Nampil

isnt he a teacher as well?? sure he s
Maybe it's time Mowbray stopped being a league one manager then? He should also probably stop looking at players who command high wages and wondering why they go to championship teams.

If anything, apart from getting people angry all that achieves is making mowbray look bad.

The problem isnt the scraps we feed off, its the fact we have a well respected manager within the game that can't offer the same deals he could at West Brom and Middlesbrough.... If he had gone out and got proven league 1 players, like he has with Reid from day one then maybe we wouldn't be 6 players short.....

Clearly something was said but it may be slightly different to what is actually being reported, you change just a few words and it comes out more powerful and to the point than it actually did.

italiahorse

Maybe it's time Mowbray stopped being a league one manager then? He should also probably stop looking at players who command high wages and wondering why they go to championship teams.

If anything, apart from getting people angry all that achieves is making mowbray look bad.

He is just biding his time.

Nick

Administrator
..... and some will try to protect Sisu and deny it !!
In reality if I had to put money on it I would say it's not going to plan.
I pointed out why it doesn't make sense and why it makes tm look bad if he said it...

Not even doesn't make sense on behalf of sisu, but for what tm was doing since with players like Wilson and maybe even reid.

Nick

Administrator
isnt he a teacher as well?? sure he s

The problem isnt the scraps we feed off, its the fact we have a well respected manager within the game that can't offer the same deals he could at West Brom and Middlesbrough.... If he had gone out and got proven league 1 players, like he has with Reid from day one then maybe we wouldn't be 6 players short.....

Clearly something was said but it may be slightly different to what is actually being reported, you change just a few words and it comes out more powerful and to the point than it actually did.
Exactly, going after championship players could be why we miss targets. If our targets all went to league 2 then we gave a problem

It's all well and good saying it's because we don't offer the wages, but we still need to be realistic don't we?

Nick

Administrator
He is just biding his time.
For what?

How does that explain chasing players on 20k a week last season if we are just on scraps?

Our fans can't seem to understand why players would do to Rotherham, some didn't even realise they were in the league above.

SkyBlueRuffian

Exactly, going after championship players could be why we miss targets. If our targets all went to league 2 then we gave a problem

It's all well and good saying it's because we don't offer the wages, but we still need to be realistic don't we?
Stop trying to deflect the blame from the owners of this club.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I don't buy the theory that it was his 'plan' to still need six first team players after the seasons already started.

He may be biding his time for the right players, but he's missed out on numerous targets. Either the targets should have been more realistic, or he should have had more equivalent targets lined up.

I don't deny he will still bring in good players, and it might have been bad luck so far. However, I don't put the current position we're in down to some sort of master plan, and I think the manager should have to take some stick for the state that the team is currently in.

As for SISU, who knows what they have or haven't promised him, but if he's going for players like Wilson, I can't see he's being that hard done to at all.

ceetee

It seems to me that if we were going to get players in on a contract that would have been done by now. Therefore the talk of 5 or 6 players in the next couple of weeks can only be loans

Nick

Administrator
Stop trying to deflect the blame from the owners of this club.

How is that trying to deflect the blame? It is looking at it logically isn't it?

If Tony Mowbray has said it is worse than you could ever imagine, why would he go after players like Wilson? Rather than proven League 1, League 2 or even proven conference players?

If he was so desperate and on scraps, why would he be taking on trialists and saying they have to be absolutely amazing to earn a contract and then sacking them off?

It is just looking at it without blind hate, rather than just going mental rar rar.

Last edited:

SkyBlueRuffian

How is that trying to deflect the blame? It is looking at it logically isn't it?

If Tony Mowbray has said it is worse than you could ever imagine, why would he go after players like Wilson? Rather than proven League 1, League 2 or even proven conference players?

If he was so desperate and on scraps, why would he be taking on trialists and saying they have to be absolutely amazing to earn a contract and then sacking them off?

It is just looking at it without blind hate, rather than just going mental rar rar.
he enquired and spoke to Wilson who agreed to join us, isn't that doing his job.
Don't you think it's sad that players like him decide to go elsewhere, Sambou, Fleck, Vincelot etc are all telling you what the problem is without telling us. It's pretty obvious to a lot of us.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
To have to sell Vi

he enquired and spoke to Wilson who agreed to join us, isn't that doing his job.
Don't you think it's sad that players like him decide to go elsewhere, Sambou, Fleck, Vincelot etc are all telling you what the problem is without telling us. It's pretty obvious to a lot of us.

Really?

Sambou went to Everton where he is on about 3k a week, which is double the average wage for league 1 and probably more than most of our first teamers. Should we be paying the same? Maybe we should play a kid who wasn't even first choice in the Under 21's last season more than some of our first teamers and then wonder why we all go to shit?

Fleck went to Sheffield United, on around 8k a week. Venus has said we offered him as much as we could which would make him the top earner at the club.

Vincelot has reportedly doubled his wages and Venus said something about his injury and that it was a footballing decision. MV and TM have both said they chose to sell him.

Wilson was on about 20k at Forest last season and will be on a decent whack at Rotherham, also in the league above. So do we compete and break the bank on one player?

What is the problem then? That Mowbray and Venus are refusing to spend silly money?

Maybe the "lot of us" should have a look at it without the blind hatred and see why?

robbiekeane

Really?

Sambou went to Everton where he is on about 3k a week, which is double the average wage for league 1 and probably more than most of our first teamers. Should we be paying the same? Maybe we should play a kid who wasn't even first choice in the Under 21's last season more than some of our first teamers and then wonder why we all go to shit?

Fleck went to Sheffield United, on around 8k a week. Venus has said we offered him as much as we could which would make him the top earner at the club.

Vincelot has reportedly doubled his wages and Venus said something about his injury and that it was a footballing decision. MV and TM have both said they chose to sell him.

Wilson was on about 20k at Forest last season and will be on a decent whack at Rotherham, also in the league above. So do we compete and break the bank on one player?

What is the problem then? That Mowbray and Venus are refusing to spend silly money?

Maybe the "lot of us" should have a look at it without the blind hatred and see why?

Thank god at least some of our fans can think rationally. Can't help feel it's a waste of time though to try and explain it to this lot

Nick

Administrator
Thank god at least some of our fans can think rationally. Can't help feel it's a waste of time though to try and explain it to this lot

It is a bit of a joke, it is as if we should just pay players as much as they want and that TM is the only manager with a wage budget to work to.

Some are blind to what actually happens in football overall rather than just CCFC.

People getting up in arms over Sambou leaving to go to Everton, what should we have done? I am sure they would have understood that we would have less for the first team because we are paying a kid 3k a week and he is behind George Thomas in the pecking order.

What does George Thomas then do? A kid is behind him in the order and gets 3k a week, should he get 4k? What does the striker on the bench think, should he get 5k? What does the main striker (for example the Sordell) think? Should he get 7k?

The likes of Man City are paying probably 10-20k a week for 18 year olds, if one of them come in for a kid should we match it as well?

It really baffles me what some people are actually thinking sometimes.

Last edited:

valeskyblue

Really?

Well put Nick. Been struggling to get my head around the budget, vincelot leaving. We gotta trust Mowbray, of course its disappointing to start with such a poor team but it will get better. I hope

Nick

Administrator

I think this sums it up, WHERE IS THE MONEY GONE? We have no overheads!

Just because people shout loud, it doesn't always make them right does it? The accounts will show where the money has gone won't it?

skybluedan

After reading threw juggys tweeter there , I still think it's blag
And if your reading this juggy I get the feeling with you that if I said I'd been to Tenerife you would have been to elevenerife!!!!!!!!

clint van damme

I think a lot of supporters forget, (or aren't old enough to remember), the reason we are where we are now, the reason we don't own our own ground and have been lumbered with SISU is because we used to spend money we didn't have like it was going out of fashion.

Grendel

I think this sums it up, WHERE IS THE MONEY GONE? We have no overheads!

Just because people shout loud, it doesn't always make them right does it? The accounts will show where the money has gone won't it?

Didn't he write a piece in the Telegraph that was exposed as being complete bollocks?

stupot07

Didn't he write a piece in the Telegraph that was exposed as being complete bollocks?
He did keep banging on about there being lots of money in the football club during the phone in.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueRuffian

Really?

If SISU were running the club well, owning stadiums or even building stadiums, not lying to supporters year in year out, backing their manager and showing some ambition, showing us a plan, some transparency, then maybe my "hatred" wouldn't be so "blind"?

Gazolba

Most of the good players we got last season were when we were near top of the league and looked odds-on for promotion. Unless that happens again this season, we wont be able to attract the best players. There is little doubt our team will remain significantly weaker than last season. Last season was our best hope for promotion but we blew it.

Grendel

If SISU were running the club well, owning stadiums or even building stadiums, not lying to supporters year in year out, backing their manager and showing some ambition, showing us a plan, some transparency, then maybe my "hatred" wouldn't be so "blind"?

Perhaps - but suggesting Juggy is a reliable witness is not credible

Nick

Administrator
So what had that got to do with anything I just said? You throw statements out and I replied, then you just throw other random statements out.

My reply makes sense doesn't it? Maybe if people actually thought about things before getting angry they would have a better idea.

Still, we should pay a kid who can't get into the u 21's twice the league average or we will go mad at the owners...

baldy

This might not be that far from the truth about the Juggy thing
My bro's good mates with one of the CWR reporters & he's been told the same thing himself by Mogga about things not being good at the club &,apparently,being lied to about the money he's got to spend by the board & is apparently really disillusioned about life at City.
According to this reporter friend,Mogga's been forced to sign players he doesn't even want & fears a relegation battle this season
(Just passing on what I've heard folks )

robbiekeane

This might not be that far from the truth about the Juggy thing
My bro's good mates with one of the CWR reporters & he's been told the same thing himself by Mogga about things not being good at the club &,apparently,being lied to about the money he's got to spend by the board & is apparently really disillusioned about life at City.
According to this reporter friend,Mogga's been forced to sign players he doesn't even want & fears a relegation battle this season
(Just passing on what I've heard folks )
call bullshit on this too

Users who are viewing this thread