Its true, we was robbed! (1 Viewer)

grego_gee

STEAD goal offside!
It looked a bit grubby - but I was too brassed-off to realise at the time. Blatant daylight robbery! :pimp:

(again!!!)

Last edited:

DD_Daphne

I thought that when I watched the highlights, he was standing pretty much on the goal line! Then again we didn't appeal for it.

grego_gee

I think everybody was gob-smacked!
but like Thorny said, the officials should have been watching!
Strange it didn't get into the press earlier though! :pimp:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Even if it was ruled offside, the result would still have been a 2-1 loss instead of a 3-1 loss. So what? A loss is a loss!

BurbageSkyBlues

Even if it was ruled offside, the result would still have been a 2-1 loss instead of a 3-1 loss. So what? A loss is a loss!

No Houch, got to disagree.

If the goal had been disallowed, this would have changed the course of events......a free kick instead of a kickoff, from that point onwards the rest of the game would not have happened the same way.

Nonleagueherewecome

No Houch, got to disagree.

If the goal had been disallowed, this would have changed the course of events......a free kick instead of a kickoff, from that point onwards the rest of the game would not have happened the same way.

Not to mention that the 3rd was when we were throwing men forwards in desperation in the dying minutes!

Marty

No point worrying about it now, it can't be changed.

Nonleagueherewecome

Wish someone would tell Sunderland fans that..

NuneatonSkyBlue

Anyone else see the position of the ball outside of the quadrant before the corner was taken?

How far out was it though? I remember watching a europa league game earlier this season where every corner taken by one player was outside the quadrant. The fans there obviously started to shout and point it out but the commentator then said that the ball (according to the rules) doesnt have to be in the quadrant, just over hanging it atleast.

BS3

I think you will find the reason why Jon Steads goal stood was because if you read the offside rule you cannot be offside if you receive the ball direct from a throw in, goal kick or a corner kick, so to say you were robbed and that changed the course of the match is clutching at straws a bit
Just for the record hope you do some how get out of trouble but not at our expense and Barnsley are relegated as I have always has good memories of Coventry

But he didn't touch the ball first from the corner, it came off that trampy-looking bloke Pitman.

Any other words of wisdom/advice...B(ull)S(hitter)3?:facepalm:

How far out was it though? I remember watching a europa league game earlier this season where every corner taken by one player was outside the quadrant. The fans there obviously started to shout and point it out but the commentator then said that the ball (according to the rules) doesnt have to be in the quadrant, just over hanging it atleast.

Correct....that also happened in the Sunderland game yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread