It's time for thorn to go. (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

Five wins in twenty five games as manager is not good enough.
Those stats would get any other manager the sack.
And we can't blame Sisu for losing games like Saturday, before someone starts spouting all that bullshit.
The mans naive tatically, and better mangers have got the boot for doing far less wrong (Dowie).

These next two games could be end i think if results go against us.

We need at least a win from these next two because after Millwall i cant see us getting anything for a while.

I like Thorn as a person but he just not good enough imo and is not what we need.

JazzCat

I doubt we could afford to sack him and who else is there to promote from within? Cleaner? Canteen manager? Ticket Officer Desk assistant?

I doubt we could afford anyone.

operationprem

Tough call, sisu won't want to pay to get a new man in. Thorn is doing a good job with what he's got imo one of the worst squads in the league. I really think the ref had a lot to do the result Saturday although agreed ROD was shocking when he came on

Wallace

'The mans naive tatically, and better mangers have got the boot for doing far less wrong (Dowie).'

The problem lies in this sentence Steve. You expect perfection from others but little from yourself. The spelling and grammar of this sentence says it all. I go home and away, and away our fans just get behind the manager and players. At home, and on sites like these, the fans expectation(s) are too high and their support too low.
AT stepped in when others would not have entertained us. He was forced into the role because the club didn't have anyone lined up for the job and people enjoyed the football AT and SH produced. Still the football is vey good at times and AT is getting there slowly but surely which is more than can be said for your spelling after going through the education system.

Tough call, sisu won't want to pay to get a new man in. Thorn is doing a good job with what he's got imo one of the worst squads in the league. I really think the ref had a lot to do the result Saturday although agreed ROD was shocking when he came on

How do you feel Thorn is doing a good job? Seriously?

This entertaining football what i keep hearing i personally dont see it. Its a results business and hes not performing. Since hes been in charge, at least 6 games we have conceded 90th min goals to drop points. Burnley Away, Preston away, Middlesboro away, Palace away, Blackpool home and burnley home. That is very worrying.

Score less than a goal a game and 2 wins all season. Sorry but that is not doing a good job.

oggys nose

Ive always supported thorn but saturday changed my mind bringing rod on when he did was wrong , personally i dont believe rod is a championship player mayb just about league 1 . Its obvious to me that thorn has done what he can but we need a more experienced manager who has different plans for different situations for me thorn doesnt have this.

'The mans naive tatically, and better mangers have got the boot for doing far less wrong (Dowie).'

The problem lies in this sentence Steve. You expect perfection from others but little from yourself. The spelling and grammar of this sentence says it all. I go home and away, and away our fans just get behind the manager and players. At home, and on sites like these, the fans expectation(s) are too high and their support too low.
AT stepped in when others would not have entertained us. He was forced into the role because the club didn't have anyone lined up for the job and people enjoyed the football AT and SH produced. Still the football is vey good at times and AT is getting there slowly but surely which is more than can be said for your spelling after going through the education system.

How patronising do you want to-be? Steve’s made a valid point and you question him because of his grammar? I’ve been to 3 away games this season and apart from 30 mins against Leeds we’ve been poor. What entertaining football do you see? I don’t see it myself and the stats prove that. 10 goals in 13 is hardly entertaining.

He is not tactically aware and the only reason fans are supporting is because they feel sorry for him, not because of the job hes doing.

Ccfc1979

On Saturday, I never felt completely comfortable with the possession football as there was barely any cutting edge at all. Right before the Cody goal I shouted 'Just gamble for once!' ...they did and it paid off. Think we should go three at the back and have Cyrus and Hussey as mainly attacking wing backs with solid three centre halves.

Wallace

Patronising? If the guy wants perfection start with himself. I cannot accept people wanting others to be successful on one's behalf. If people come on here and produce sentences critical of others it is neither rude nor patronising. It's just common sense.

matesx

Wallace you have some bizarre logic going on.

The guy states a football related opinion on a football forum and you jump down his throat for poor spelling and grammar?

skybluesteve76

Patronising? If the guy wants perfection start with himself. I cannot accept people wanting others to be successful on one's behalf. If people come on here and produce sentences critical of others it is neither rude nor patronising. It's just common sense.

Get a grip mate. It's called being half asleep and typing on a stoopid iPhone! Apologies for the predictive text and also it matters not one bit how many games you go to as to whether your entitled to an opinion or not.
I have a season ticket and go away as often as my busy life and small wallet allows.

Robccfc87

What does "vey" mean???!!! Cardinal sin of slating someones grammar and then doing it yourself!

MFanco

Let's be realistic here! Granted we've thrown away points this season in the last min but Thorn has had to throw a lot of youngsters in at the deep end! Asking he goes won't do us any favours! It's not like a new manager would come in and wave a magic wand. The fact of the matter is we have no money so we've had to put faith in our youngsters. Given a bit more time and experience we'll start winning some games! Have faith! Asking for yet another manager to go won't get us ANYWHERE! The players like playing for Thorn. Him going would probably be the worst thing right now for the club! Yeah so someone would come in we might have a honeymoon period and win a few games, but nothing is going to change off the pitch for now. Be realistic guys look at the bigger picture here! You try and do your Christmas shopping with no money and see how far u get!

Otis

Have totally backed Thorn and don't want to see him sacked. What happened on Saturday though I found very worrying. Plain for all to see from the stands what needed to happen. Why on earth Thorn couldn't see that I have no idea.

Let's be realistic here! Granted we've thrown away points this season in the last min but Thorn has had to throw a lot of youngsters in at the deep end! Asking he goes won't do us any favours! It's not like a new manager would come in and wave a magic wand. The fact of the matter is we have no money so we've had to put faith in our youngsters. Given a bit more time and experience we'll start winning some games! Have faith! Asking for yet another manager to go won't get us ANYWHERE! The players like playing for Thorn. Him going would probably be the worst thing right now for the club! Yeah so someone would come in we might have a honeymoon period and win a few games, but nothing is going to change off the pitch for now. Be realistic guys look at the bigger picture here! You try and do your Christmas shopping with no money and see how far u get!

I think we know Thorn won’t go because of the money situation but i wish people would see he's not as good as many are making out. Someone earlier said he’s the best manager since Sillett. Its ridiculous. Booby Gould worked wonders at the city, Strachan got us playing the best football i seen up the city and Black had us playing good football. Under Thorn apart from the honeymoon period the football has been average at best.

Gaz

FFS honestly get a grip some of you.
Andy Thorn is doing a good job, we are at times playing some of the best football we have since when came down into this league.

The problem isn't the manager, it's the lack of investment.

operationprem

How do you feel Thorn is doing a good job? Seriously?

This entertaining football what i keep hearing i personally dont see it. Its a results business and hes not performing. Since hes been in charge, at least 6 games we have conceded 90th min goals to drop points. Burnley Away, Preston away, Middlesboro away, Palace away, Blackpool home and burnley home. That is very worrying.

Score less than a goal a game and 2 wins all season. Sorry but that is not doing a good job.
Have u seen how many kids and average players we've got, they can't cope with the pressure that's why we concede late goals. There young players learning in our first team. The only thing I would question of thorn is maybe some of his substitutions especially when we are leading, the kids are knackered an someone like deegan or even Cameron should come on to sure things up. ROD is not good enough at this level

kg82

It's been 6 months but I've missed this. Nothing says your a Coventry fan more than "Sack the manager".

Have u seen how many kids and average players we've got, they can't cope with the pressure that's why we concede late goals. There young players learning in our first team. The only thing I would question of thorn is maybe some of his substitutions especially when we are leading, the kids are knackered an someone like deegan or even Cameron should come on to sure things up. ROD is not good enough at this level

Sorry but the young players are not too blame here. Why do they keep getting the blame? If there good enough, there oldf enough and they should be fit as a fiddle not blowing out there arses. We were conceding late goals last season too under Thorn without the young players.

skybluesteve76

Andy Thorn is doing a good job, we are at times playing some of the best football we have since when came down into this league.

Mate with all due respect, not winning on Saturday had absolutely nothing to do with investment. As did getting embarrassed at Barnsley etc!
Thorns decision making and tactics and what he says in press conferences have nothing to do with investment either!

WillieStanley

This really is a week in week out rollercoaster season. Remember how we were all feeling on Wednesday? Saturday we were punished for not beating them in the first half and then not responding properly after we scored. Was the manager to blame, yes, were the players to blame, yes but the key words this season are inexperience and confidence. This is the longest, hardest season I can remember and if we're going to go bi-polar depending on results then by May we're all going to look and feel like pensioners. Results like this are going to happen with an inexperienced manager and team. This is what we've got. Calling for managers heads isn't going to make things any better. Be patient.

Where's this great football i keep hearing. We play well in spells. Saturday was nothing out the ordinary, we play nice football with no end product and certaintly not entertaining. There's a difference between attractive football and entertaining football.

kg82

5 wins in 25 acceptable then KG?

With what he's had to work with? I'm not sure anyone else could do better. And therein lies the question... Who would they get in? Because whoever it was wouldn't be any good. Thorn's naive sometimes... That's what you get with a rookie manager I'm afraid. You learn from mistakes and Thorn will learn, but only if he's given time. I'm willing to give him time because I have more patience than 25 games. Obviously others want results now but with the cards we've been dealt I'm pretty sure you're going to be disappointed.

WillieStanley

<p>
Where's this great football i keep hearing. We play well in spells. Saturday was nothing out the ordinary, we play nice football with no end product and certaintly not entertaining. There's a difference between attractive football and entertaining football.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

But we haven't got Hadji, McAllister, Chippo or Keane have we? So spells of attractive football is about as good as it gets at this level... Well that or hoofball and we all know how City fans respond to that!

Otis

Not saying I disagree with you, but there has been many a club relegated playing 'good football.' Might be nice to watch but it doesn't automatically bring you points does it.

Interesting to note that for all our possession football the stats from Saturday are as follows;

Possession Coventry 40% Burnley 60%
Attempts on target Coventry 5 Burnley 13

WillieStanley

I saw that on the BBC, Otis... I'm sure I disagree with the possession... And the amount of their shots... Unless I was watching something different. It would have been interesting to see where the stats lay before the sending off

I saw that on the BBC, Otis... I'm sure I disagree with the possession... And the amount of their shots... Unless I was watching something different. It would have been interesting to see where the stats lay before the sending off

Or more the stats before Howe made a change on 40mins?

Even before our goal Burnley threatened.

<p></p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>

But we haven't got Hadji, McAllister, Chippo or Keane have we? So spells of attractive football is about as good as it gets at this level... Well that or hoofball and we all know how City fans respond to that!

Exactly so why do we play a formation which dont suit the players weve got. All our goals come from crosses yet we don't play with much width.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Its all well and good replacing the manager for poor results but as per usual none of the posters have said who with. What calibre of person is going to come in to a club with this much termoil going on off the pitch. With no money to spend and a very low average age of player who in their right mind would take the position, I cant see an Alex Ferguson busting his guts to come here can you. Judge Thorn when he is given some financial backing to be able to mould the team with players he purchases, not ones that are forced buys from the bargain basements like McDonald and kids learning their trade. FFS we are in a leaky boat with no paddles at the moment and people want to sack the captain, if we finish one place above relegation this season he will have done a wonderfull job inspight of Orange Ken and the non investers SISU.:slap:

Danny

I'm sorry mumford i respect your opinions but our squad is a shower of shit. We have cranie, clingan and juke who are of real quality the rest of the squad is made up of promising youngsters and bang average football players. Thorn has an eye for talent which has been proven through the players he has found in previous years for the club. Thorn has made a couple of tactical errors but its easy to sit a slate saying he should be doing this or he should be doing that because every fan has their own opinion. The reason we are not doing well is due to lack of investment I feel thorn is doing the best job he can do with the limited resources he has at his disposal, he will make mistakes because it is his first job in management. The other side of the coin is I don't believe their is a manager who would be good enough to get us out of our predicament that we could realistically attract to the club

Users who are viewing this thread