It's time for greater supporter involvement in CCFC (1 Viewer)

MichaelCCFC

There have been one or two threads/posts about moving on and getting positive but what does that mean?

This latest saga sums up how we have fallen from being a debt free, ground owning premier league side to being in div 3, £40+million debt, a non-rent paying tenant, and any decent player (and even manager) now sees the likes of hudd as a better prospect than us.

So what are the options for moving forward: cross our fingers and pray for the next managerial messiah; cross our fingers and hope some overseas billionaire suddenly takes an interest in us; give up?

The other option is for supporters to decide to try and do something themselves. The kind of position we’re currently in is the same as ones that spurred fans at other clubs to campaign for greater supporter involvement. Swansea are a great example of what can be achieved. The SwansTrust owns 20% of the Club, there are 2 supporters on the Club Board and it was the Swans Trust that brought together a consortium of new investors – and look at how Swansea are doing now.

I don’t hide my identity so yes, I’m membership secretary of the Sky Blue Trust, and believe 100% that Swansea is a brilliant example of how greater supporter involvement can have really positive impacts. The Sky BlueTrust has been consistent in calling for greater transparency from all the different parties now involved with CCFC, and current events show the need for that, along with far greater openness about the future of the Club. The Sky Blue Trust already has 800 members but the more people who join the louder our voice becomes. I’ve heard every argument under the sun as to why people haven’t become members so far. The Trust may not succeed but unless we try we’ll never know and when membership is only £1 (the price of a bag of crisps at the Ricoh)why not join? And maybe we might just succeed in starting to move things in a more positive direction.

Join the Sky Blue Trust at skybluetrust.co.uk or PM me

Steve.B50

Am very much behind you but feel our present owners do not care about us supporters.
You can see how clubs where supporters are involved all seem to more stable, but this will not happen with SISU at the helm.
Keep up the pressure, most of us are very much with you.
Regardless of what some say and do, I think every supporter should join and make the Sky BLue Trust a real force.

TheSnoz

Michael, you're dead right it is time for greater supporter involvement. Like a few more fans turn up at games.

Monkeyface

I personally can't see any reason not to join. If you agree with what the Trust say then great. If you don't, then surely it would be a good idea to attend the meetings and make sure your voice is heard too. The Trust are going to be there either way and it makes sense for it to be balanced and with a variety of different opinions.

Bluegloucester

Just a thought, why not have a discussion with the club and find a way for all season ticket holders to become members, the club could add the £1 to the season ticket price. The same could apply to membership schemes.
It would show the club in a better light, naturally not everyone has to join, there could be a tick box option to decline.

MichaelCCFC

Snoz - despite it all, I've still got my ticket for Bury!

Sick Boy - I think in 1996 we made a surplus, although happy to be corrected. When sisu took over the arrangements weren't transparent but they now say the £40+million debt is what they've invested since they became owners so in some sense maybe we were debt free more recently too(?)

Blueglos - great idea!

Users who are viewing this thread