It's the hope that gets you (1 Viewer)

skyblu3sk

So at the start of the season I predicted we'd miss out on the playoffs due to the size of the rebuild and to be honest a run in the cup hadn't even crossed my mind for a minute. After a week where we nearly got to a cup final and had multiple bites at the playoff cherry I'm feeling pretty dejected about the whole thing. Even though we are exactly where I expected to be in the table and the bonus of a cup run. So there it is, hope is bad for you!

Gint11

Our season petered out didn’t it. The FA Cup semi final had a negative impact on our league but we’d have struggled anyway. Conceding too many goals, small squad etc

Cally Fedora

Been a great season. We’ve unearthed two 20 goal a season strikers, rebuilt the defence, got next seasons recruitment underway. We’re paying fees for people - a pipe dream for many recent years. Then add in the squad stability going into next year and that’s without talking about the cup or the play off tilt.

messiahrobins

So at the start of the season I predicted we'd miss out on the playoffs due to the size of the rebuild and to be honest a run in the cup hadn't even crossed my mind for a minute. After a week where we nearly got to a cup final and had multiple bites at the playoff cherry I'm feeling pretty dejected about the whole thing. Even though we are exactly where I expected to be in the table and the bonus of a cup run. So there it is, hope is bad for you!
Its been one of the top 5 best seasons the club has ever had. There is no need to be dejected, this season has been beyond our wildest dreams and really sets us up for the next few years. We now are genuinely a big club that can expect to get into the PL. That was by no means certain after the Luton match at Wembley.
Honestly cheer up, and enjoy the break over the summer as we are in the best place we have been since we won the FA Cup. Lets hope we build on this momentum better than we did back then as it all went pear shaped within 4 years after we won the Cup, this time we need to use this season as a springboard for the next decade.

Samo

Cast your mind back over the last 10 years. This is heaven. :love:

skyblu3sk

All of the above is so true, the difference from watching league 2 cloggers to now is marked it's hard to believe sometimes that we will keep on rising and not drop back. I'm looking forward to seeing what recruitment we do in the summer, I think settling the strike force is key for next year now they are both playing well. I do hope that continues and we strengthen in midfield another strong CB and a top keeper.

skybluecam

As others have said

Last season I was dejected after Wembley because we knew Vik was going, Gus probably too, plus all the loanees and we had been fortunate to even make the playoffs at all. There was no guarantee we would even get close to that this year (and for a decent time it looked pretty dire - we were 20th in November!).

I'm excited for next season already.

Alkhen

Another year stronger and another year wiser for this squad will do a lot of them a world of good. The semi was fun but it 100% made us lose focus for several games prior to it. I can understand that the were emotionally and physically done after how they lost.

I really hope we can keep the majority of our squad together as with minimal but quality recruitment we could really be one of the big threats next season.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It's not been a bad season overall. We've seen a lot our new players kick on. I'm sure next year they will even more so.

If feels frustrating because we've come so close to both beating United and getting into an FA Cup Final, and actually if we had won a few more games we would be in the playoffs.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I'd rather be a Cov fan with the highs and lows of a very interesting season than an Manchester United 'fan' who neither is interested in anything beyond a Premier league title or European title.
What a hollow and desperately depressing existence they lead. Here's to more of it.

fernandopartridge

I feel most down about last Sunday, much more so than even the play off final. I think it's just that elation from celebrating the Torp goal to it being disallowed, it's literally experiencing what might have been momentarily but to have it taken away.

Sky Blue Harry H

Been a great season. We’ve unearthed two 20 goal a season strikers, rebuilt the defence, got next seasons recruitment underway. We’re paying fees for people - a pipe dream for many recent years. Then add in the squad stability going into next year and that’s without talking about the cup or the play off tilt.
But apart from that..........

Briles

The question I always ask is, did I get my moneys worth.

The answer has been a resounding yes for quite some time now, and I don't see next season being any different

Sky Blue Harry H

The question I always ask is, did I get my moneys worth.

The answer has been a resounding yes for quite some time now, and I don't see next season being any different
Never thought about it like that, but not a bad viewpoint. The last few seasons have been a joy in terms of positive experiences/memories - don't think any short-term, medium-term or long standing supporters would disagree.

oscillatewildly

As others have said

Last season I was dejected after Wembley because we knew Vik was going, Gus probably too, plus all the loanees and we had been fortunate to even make the playoffs at all. There was no guarantee we would even get close to that this year (and for a decent time it looked pretty dire - we were 20th in November!).

I'm excited for next season already.
Can I just remind you of the title of this thread.

Sick Boy

I feel most down about last Sunday, much more so than even the play off final. I think it's just that elation from celebrating the Torp goal to it being disallowed, it's literally experiencing what might have been momentarily but to have it taken away.
Exactly - it's like some kind of protracted comedown.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It's been brilliant being a Cov fan for quite a while now and unless you're seeking instant gratification what's to complain about?

Every season the squad improves. The attendances are going up. The atmosphere created at lots of games has been second to none.

Enjoy.

As Delboy once said, This Time Next Year We Will Be Millionaires. 😍

Users who are viewing this thread