It's not Hinckley........is it???? (1 Viewer)

Wheelfass

With Sisu now seeming to prefer using the term "owning" rather than "building" their own stadium I note with growing concern the plight of what was Hinckley United's ground. It has been called the Marston's Stadium and also the Green King Stadium and is currently known as the Leicester Road Stadium. It is situated in De Montford Park Hinckley. It is presently the home ground of Leicester Road FC, the stadium has a capacity of 4,329. It is a relatively newly built stadium with construction being completed in 2005. Problems still surround the club and the stadium and I have just found this statement that has been issued by the club explaining their latest troubles. Could it be that Sisu are thinking of making a move to buy the ground? They don't seem to have any idea about rivalries and loyalties and have absolutely no football sense so who knows.............. I just hope not.

Leicester Road Football Club is being denied electricity and gas

This is not the normal type of news our club wish to publish on the website but we only think that it is right that our supporters and players families and friends read the truth regarding what has happened since Saturday, 13th September 2014:

Leicester Road Football Club took on the responsibility of paying for all electricity and gas supplied on site in April 2014 and duly invoiced the Downes Pension Fund for their share of dual fuel consumption in August 2014.

The pension fund had taken control of the building behind the main stand from HUFC after averting a winding up petition issued by HMRC in 2009 and the dispute that followed over the ownership of that building was what eventually forced the football club into liquidation as the winding up petition was issued by the same pension fund. The same building also houses the utilities control room for the entire site.

Rather than simply paying the invoice for the dual fuel consumed in that building, a family member of the pension fund came down to the stadium and simply turned off the mains supply whilst the U14 players were in the showers denying only Leicester Road Football Club of dual fuel in an attempt to hold us to ransom to force us to cancel their bill.

Leicester Road Football Club have an agreement in principle with the new owners of the old supporters bar and Starlight Suite to supply Leicester Road Football Club with utilities, as they are liable for all usage to the site but the pension fund have refused anyone access to the utilities control room purely out of spite.

The actions of the pension fund in turning of the electricity and gas are disrupting all Leicester Road Football Club teams. Youth team’s games have had to be cancelled because we cannot turn the floodlights on the main pitch and there is no hot water or lighting in the changing rooms for the same reason.

Leicester Road Football does not take the actions of the pension fund lightly and are seeking legal advice at present.

As a club we are trying everything in our power to get the situation rectified as soon as possible and tomorrow’s game will still go ahead at 3.00pm against Knowle FC.

Samo

With Sisu now seeming to prefer using the term "owning" rather than "building" their own stadium I note with growing concern the plight of what was Hinckley United's ground. It has been called the Marston's Stadium and also the Green King Stadium and is currently known as the Leicester Road Stadium. It is situated in De Montford Park Hinckley. It is presently the home ground of Leicester Road FC, the stadium has a capacity of 4,329. It is a relatively newly built stadium with construction being completed in 2005. Problems still surround the club and the stadium and I have just found this statement that has been issued by the club explaining their latest troubles. Could it be that Sisu are thinking of making a move to buy the ground? They don't seem to have any idea about rivalries and loyalties and have absolutely no football sense so who knows.............. I just hope not.

Leicester Road Football Club is being denied electricity and gas

This is not the normal type of news our club wish to publish on the website but we only think that it is right that our supporters and players families and friends read the truth regarding what has happened since Saturday, 13th September 2014:

Leicester Road Football Club took on the responsibility of paying for all electricity and gas supplied on site in April 2014 and duly invoiced the Downes Pension Fund for their share of dual fuel consumption in August 2014.

The pension fund had taken control of the building behind the main stand from HUFC after averting a winding up petition issued by HMRC in 2009 and the dispute that followed over the ownership of that building was what eventually forced the football club into liquidation as the winding up petition was issued by the same pension fund. The same building also houses the utilities control room for the entire site.

Rather than simply paying the invoice for the dual fuel consumed in that building, a family member of the pension fund came down to the stadium and simply turned off the mains supply whilst the U14 players were in the showers denying only Leicester Road Football Club of dual fuel in an attempt to hold us to ransom to force us to cancel their bill.

Leicester Road Football Club have an agreement in principle with the new owners of the old supporters bar and Starlight Suite to supply Leicester Road Football Club with utilities, as they are liable for all usage to the site but the pension fund have refused anyone access to the utilities control room purely out of spite.

The actions of the pension fund in turning of the electricity and gas are disrupting all Leicester Road Football Club teams. Youth team’s games have had to be cancelled because we cannot turn the floodlights on the main pitch and there is no hot water or lighting in the changing rooms for the same reason.

Leicester Road Football does not take the actions of the pension fund lightly and are seeking legal advice at present.

As a club we are trying everything in our power to get the situation rectified as soon as possible and tomorrow’s game will still go ahead at 3.00pm against Knowle FC.

No

skybluericoh

All this states is that 2 party's sharing the sam facility are having a little ding dong. Not like they are taking each other to court and trying to outflank one another is it? I mean who would do that?????????

dongonzalos

I think it is land in Hinckley, but not due to this article.
I just hope the wasp's scenario has blocked the pointless buying of land to convince ACL a new stadium will be built tactic.

Last edited:

BrakesFan

The new owners of the clubhouse are Hinckley AFC, the club set up by the supporters and therefore what I'd call the true successors to Hinckley United / Athletic / Town. Leicester Road are, I understand, the club set up by the remnants of the old board of the club.

It's certainly a complicated situation with the pitch, the ground and the clubhouse all in different ownership. Surely even SISU wouldn't be stupid enough to get involved with that!

skybluefred

The new owners of the clubhouse are Hinckley AFC, the club set up by the supporters and therefore what I'd call the true successors to Hinckley United / Athletic / Town. Leicester Road are, I understand, the club set up by the remnants of the old board of the club.

It's certainly a complicated situation with the pitch, the ground and the clubhouse all in different ownership. Surely even SISU wouldn't be stupid enough to get involved with that!

I wouldn't bet on that last sentence.:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread