Its like 2008 never happened.... (1 Viewer)

Astute

there's plenty of evidence about the growing wealth gap in this country from far better sources than the CET. To be honest, if you walk round with your eyes open then you don't need to have it pointed out.
The CET? Not read it for many years.

Eyes closed? I know what goes on in this world. A few people where I work are on so much that they make Grendel look poor. But I wouldn't want their job. Their job is their life. Been there done that threw the t shirt away.

Some people need to get away from what others earn and maximise what they earn. Otherwise they will never be happy.

Astute

or how little they can get for their money
So we put everyones wages up. It would send inflation through the roof. Would you want to pay more for your groceries because shop workers get more? Would you want to pay more council tax because their workers get paid more. And so on. So then your big pay rise goes on other people's wages. Just like those who have the end product of what you do.

Grendel

A few people where I work are on so much that they make Grendel look poor.

I doubt that. You are on a DBS aren't you? See what the transfer value is - it's at an historic peak at the moment due to the way it's calculated.

clint van damme

So we put everyones wages up. It would send inflation through the roof. Would you want to pay more for your groceries because shop workers get more? Would you want to pay more council tax because their workers get paid more. And so on. So then your big pay rise goes on other people's wages. Just like those who have the end product of what you do.

the wealth gap was never what it is now before and the country functioned perfectly well but greed has took over.
We've dropped from 4th to 5th biggest world economy and it's predicted we will drop again so the increase disparity in wealth distribution and the shrinking of the welfare state seem to be having an adverse affect.

Astute

the wealth gap was never what it is now before and the country functioned perfectly well but greed has took over.
We've dropped from 4th to 5th biggest world economy and it's predicted we will drop again so the increase disparity in wealth distribution and the shrinking of the welfare state seem to be having an adverse affect.
There should be limits on the welfare state. Why should the tax payer keep giving money to those who keep knocking kids out so they can get even more money? Look at the limit now. If you add the tax that would be payable you can still get much more than the average wage for doing nothing but knocking kids out. The money should go to those who work but don't get paid much. Everyone should get rewarded for working.

Astute

I doubt that. You are on a DBS aren't you? See what the transfer value is - it's at an historic peak at the moment due to the way it's calculated.
I am on about the wage you say you are on. But yes their pension will also be better because of their wage.

chiefdave

If you add the tax that would be payable you can still get much more than the average wage for doing nothing but knocking kids out.
The salary that equates to someone receiving benefits to the limit is £14,882.88 for a single person £10,250.32 if you're in a couple. Minimum wage would be a salary of £15,600 for a full time worker.

Average wage is hard to be sure of, lots of different figures thrown around. More reliable seems to be median wage published by ONS, the latest figure is £28,200 which covers 2016.

clint van damme

There should be limits on the welfare state. Why should the tax payer keep giving money to those who keep knocking kids out so they can get even more money? Look at the limit now. If you add the tax that would be payable you can still get much more than the average wage for doing nothing but knocking kids out. The money should go to those who work but don't get paid much. Everyone should get rewarded for working.

our welfare spend is actually quite low, if Vodafone paid all their taxes you could fund the welfare state 6 times over.
There should be a safety net for people who have health problems, made redundant etc. The right wing press have stigmatised receiving benefits but it needs to be there for those with genuine need. There are a lot of things my taxes go on that annoy me more.
I agree about money going to those who work but don't earn enough but at the same time doesn't that mean we are subsidising companies who don't pay very well?

Astute

The salary that equates to someone receiving benefits to the limit is £14,882.88 for a single person £10,250.32 if you're in a couple. Minimum wage would be a salary of £15,600 for a full time worker.

Average wage is hard to be sure of, lots of different figures thrown around. More reliable seems to be median wage published by ONS, the latest figure is £28,200 which covers 2016.
Does that depend on how many kids they have?

Do you have to add other things like rent and council tax?

The average wage is now about 23k. And it is higher than the real average wage because of London weighted pay.

Before the reforms some people were on over 50k a year benefits because they knocked so many kids out.

Or how about those claiming disability when there is nothing wrong with them. The problem is as usual the government goes too far and stops money going to thise who do need it.

chiefdave

Does that depend on how many kids they have?
No, same no matter how many kids.
Do you have to add other things like rent and council tax?
Includes all benefits apart from:
  • Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Employment and Support Allowance (if you get the support component)
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Benefits (and equivalent payments as part of a War Disablement Pension or the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme)
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Universal Credit payments towards carer’s costs or for ‘limited capability for work and work-related activity’
  • War pensions
  • War Widow’s or War Widower’s Pension

Astute

No, same no matter how many kids.

Includes all benefits apart from:
  • Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment
  • Attendance Allowance
  • Carer’s Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Employment and Support Allowance (if you get the support component)
  • Guardian’s Allowance
  • Industrial Injuries Benefits (and equivalent payments as part of a War Disablement Pension or the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme)
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Universal Credit payments towards carer’s costs or for ‘limited capability for work and work-related activity’
  • War pensions
  • War Widow’s or War Widower’s Pension
So no flat rate then. Of course benefits change depending on amount of kids, amount of rent and so on. They just give them different names. But these days they are limited unlike a few years ago.

Grendel

I am on about the wage you say you are on. But yes their pension will also be better because of their wage.

So after all your mocking you now brag you are on a six figure salary while also randomly totally ignore my point. Are you on a DBS it's a serious question.

fernandopartridge

our welfare spend is actually quite low, if Vodafone paid all their taxes you could fund the welfare state 6 times over.
There should be a safety net for people who have health problems, made redundant etc. The right wing press have stigmatised receiving benefits but it needs to be there for those with genuine need. There are a lot of things my taxes go on that annoy me more.
I agree about money going to those who work but don't earn enough but at the same time doesn't that mean we are subsidising companies who don't pay very well?

We subsidise companies who don't pay well and subsidise landlords who have used cheap credit to invest in property portfolios through housing benefit. These may be the same people

Nick

Administrator
So after all your mocking you now brag you are on a six figure salary while also randomly totally ignore my point. Are you on a DBS it's a serious question.

Don't know why people are bragging, if you include 2 decimal points like you should do with currency I'm on 7 figures.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread