It's confirmed 10 points (1 Viewer)

bishbosh

What really bugs me about this whole situation is that fans and the team have to shoulder the burden of financial mismanagement. All the reports I read and hear always drag the club's name through the mud. Yet it is the owners who have set up this whole situation, starting with BR and the, frankly, obscene way Highfield Rd was sold and the loss of any form of ownership of any part of the Ricoh. Next SISU our 11th hour "saviours".

It is a sad state of affairs that this day has come, inevitable as it seemed to be. The entity that is Coventry City FC and it's fans lose out through no fault of their own. SISU? Yes, they lose a lot of cash but they still exist and trade with little negative effect.

Football clubs need to be looked after as though the 'owners' are custodians, not left unchecked to use them as play-things to run into oblivion and move on when it all goes belly up. But I don't know how such a model could be implemented across the whole league.

PLay up Sky Blues, keep the faith, we'll rise again someday.

wolfie

What bugs me, is ACL wants what is best for ccfc. So why did they insist to the league that the golden share (or what ever its called) was in the part that sisu put into admin. Knowing we would lose 10 points. Seems to me they stitched the club up just to get at sisu. It's like a fight in the infants play ground. Will sisu and acl just F off. Leave our club alone u selfish morons......

warwickcccfc

So why did they insist to the league that the golden share (or what ever its called) was in the part that sisu put into admin. ......

Er.....they didn't, the Golden Share was put into CCFC Ltd by SISU....the same SISU which then put CCFC Ltd into administration. It had fook all to do with ACL....keep up, man! :facepalm:

SkyblueBazza

What bugs me, is ACL wants what is best for ccfc. So why did they insist to the league that the golden share (or what ever its called) was in the part that sisu put into admin. Knowing we would lose 10 points. Seems to me they stitched the club up just to get at sisu. It's like a fight in the infants play ground. Will sisu and acl just F off. Leave our club alone u selfish morons......

Did they know that?

I think it might become much worse than -10pts if as things unfold there is found to be wrong-doing in the FL eyes.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Leauge one tour remember. They sold T-Shirts on this like we would only be down for a while. :mad:

They didnt tell us how many YEARS this would last. :facepalm:

I said all along that idea would come back to haunt us. That said, i didnt invisage it being a result of admin :(

Anyone know if we're actually appealing? SISU really never fail to surprise me, and this is no different! They'd be bloody stupid to do it though!

Bluegloucester

It will be the administrator who decides whether tn appeal, not Sisu.

Anyone know if we're actually appealing? SISU really never fail to surprise me, and this is no different! They'd be bloody stupid to do it though!

J

Jack Griffin

It will be the administrator who decides whether tn appeal, not Sisu.

That is unclear to me.. if they appeal they may have to make a joint representation, TF's latest statement seems to be deliberately blurring the lines by saying Coventry City Football Club, yet in the past few days he's been careful to say CCFC(H)Ltd.

Spencer

Er.....they didn't, the Golden Share was put into CCFC Ltd by SISU....the same SISU which then put CCFC Ltd into administration. It had fook all to do with ACL....keep up, man! :facepalm:

Err.....yes they did!!!!

See the argument presented by Hilary Stonefrost (ACL's Barrister) for confirmation that ACL argued that exact point.

Bluegloucester

That is unclear to me.. if they appeal they may have to make a joint representation, TF's latest statement seems to be deliberately blurring the lines by saying Coventry City Football Club, yet in the past few days he's been careful to say CCFC(H)Ltd.

TF needs to keep his mouth shut, he no longer represents the club, he is a director of CCFC H an entity not recognised as the club by the FL.

ccfc92

Tbh 10 points is a result. Season was over. I just hope we start next season on 0, and with new owners :/

J

Jack Griffin

TF needs to keep his mouth shut, he no longer represents the club, he is a director of CCFC H an entity not recognised as the club by the FL.

He is still a director of CCFC Ltd and the administrator hasn't dismissed him from post.

Otis

I thought you said 17th

Nope.

I said 14th pre-season and then stuck by that when MR first came in as we were bottom 4 and he said it was going to take time to build things.

Would say now that we will finish a lot lower than 14th unfortunately.

This sort of rubbish going on off the field must affect the players surely and now we have nowt to play for.

May be wrong, but I can well see us getting thumped tomorrow. Depends if we have any fight left in our bellies or not I suppose.

Hope we make a game of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a very flat and timid effort from the players. Can't say I would blame them either to be honest.

James Smith

Really enjoying the high life. Many thanks to Tim Fisher and his staff for making our dream of third tier crap a reality.
Thanks you for making a fairly rubbish day better by making me laugh with that comment. Tempted to get it put on a t-shirt* and wear it to a home game.
*With your permission

georgehudson

oops sorry, i tried to post a comment or three but pressed the wrong keys / buttons,
i was trying to say in as few words as possible,
it would be a refreshing change if the powers that be, actually took action against the previous owners / controllers who have caused so much pain, anger, concern, etc., to OUR CLUB,
it may be owned / controlled by others, but, as has been said before,
they are temporary, we COVENTRY CITY FANS will be here long after you've gone,
don't penalise the fans & the team,
let's rid the beautiful game of charlatans whose only aim is personal gain,
PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread