It's all about Robins (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Early days but can anyone remember a manager having such an immediate impact?

When he took over he inherited some very poor signings and a squad that accepted defeat and mediocrity.

Some say MCD is the difference. To an extent of course he is but the team is positive and created so much. A lot of his success has to be down to robins.

Someone laughingly said thorn was the best manager since jimmy hill. Being serious is robins or in time could he be?

Covstu

He takes no nonsense which is the key, never had time for keeping 'legends' if they were not fitting the bill, likewise with players such as Malaga who did not fit the team and were not good enough. Top manager, lets hope we can keep him!!

Otis

Always rated the bloke. Decent record pretty much everywhere and from the Fergie no nonsense school.

Could go on to be our best ever manager since Jimmy Hill.

No, hang on ... that was Andy Thorn wasn't it! :D

Evans020

The one thing fisher and waggot have got right is this appointment..50 something win percentage with after inheriting the worst Coventry team of my lifetime..turns out they areone of the most exciting teams in my lifetime...weird huh

Gaz

Very happy with the job Robins is doing as our manager, just as I was when he was appointed to the role.
A great choice by Fisher & Waggott, So glad we didn't end up with that bloke from Oxford :eek: that some were trying to big up.

covcity4life

I was always under the illusion that robins played boring negative football....and I really don't know why!!!

Brilliant manager who will succeed if we don't pull the rug out from underneath him

He had me hooked from his first interview, he instantly noted that all the players were negative and defeatist, he has changed the clubs mentality from top to bottom or should I say bottom to top!

jghccfc

Doing an excellent job, playing attacking football and scoring goals for first time since Eric Black was in charge....gutted if McGoldrick goes which he will but think Robins will either have a replacement lined up or get Cody scoring goals!!

Ash

If only he was brought in straight after Thorn's departure, those 4 league defeats under Shaw coupled with the Carlisle defeat after Robins had been here 5 minutes were extremely detrimental to where we could potentially be right now.

LJC_CCFC

If only he was brought in straight after Thorn's departure, those 4 league defeats under Shaw coupled with the Carlisle defeat after Robins had been here 5 minutes were extremely detrimental to where we could potentially be right now.

Yh, top of the league

georgehudson

in answer to an earlier post 'if we don't pull the rug from underneath him',
the only ones who'll do that are sisu in whatever guise

Diehard Si

What I like best is it WASN'T an immediate impact as such. I mean Dowie and Adams produced flashes in the pan. We didn't find out if Black was or not.

Under MR tho its been gradual improvement dragging the team from second bottom to 13th and being the team to beat in the league.

sky blue john

Obviously his stock is raised now. Lets hope theres no championship clubs sniffing round him in january when the sackings start. That managerial merry go round event when owners crap themselves.

Macca

He s the right bloke for league 1 for sure and has handled the pressure of following the best manager since George and John pretty well

Users who are viewing this thread