It's about time the farce at the back got sorted out !! (1 Viewer)

city old boy

It's a good job we can 2+ goals in most matches because our defending is a joke even when we dominate games you can guarantee the opposition will score. The table doesn't lie 23 conceded in 16 games only few teams with a worst record I feel this just might be our undoing ,the firepower we have upfront is fantastic but leaking goals is a worry. Most successful teams have the abillity to grind out results at some point something we can't do unfortunately
PUSB

Grendel

It was poor defending. Clarkes official height is 6 foot but he is no central defender. He struggled all game.

If the club had a couple of more central defenders they would have a real shout at promotion.

We have away so many cheap free kicks today. We never looked safe at all and always looked likely to concede.

We should have had two straight reds as well. How they got away with them I don't know.

Sky Blue Harry H

Nobody's beaten us in last 9 games (over 90 mins). Panic ye not. Can always improve, but a lot of fans in this division would kill for our team at the moment ;)

italiahorse

Teams know that all they have to do is kick the ball high into the box and we are struggling.
We need 2 commanding centre halves in January.

Waste of time having brilliant midfield and forwards when any team can adopt those tactics and still be in the match.
Will be a true test for Sisu in January if they want promotion.

Sutty

Great, let's bring in a big lump that can head the ball. Brilliant. Forget all the other aspects of the game, just a big bruiser that can head rocks and kick lumps out of people.

And everyone wonders why English football is so far behind other countries.

SIR ERNIE

Lot of rubbish on this thread.

Central defenders will always be exposed in a formation that doesn't have a couple of holding/defensive midfielders. However if you play like that you don't create the fast flowing attacking style of football that we're playing right now.

I know what I prefer.

Grendel

Central defenders will always be exposed in a formation that doesn't have a couple of holding/defensive midfielders. However if you play like that you don't create the fast flowing attacking style of football that we're playing right now.

I know what I prefer.

So if we'd had Dann, Keogh, Cranie etc as a replacement for Clarke are you saying the result would be the same?

The centre half pairing needs a shake up in January.

cov1987

I've always said we needed a centre half who is dominant in the air as we always look vulnerable on set prices and corners but I think Jordan played ok considering he's not a centre half

Grendel

Great, let's bring in a big lump that can head the ball. Brilliant. Forget all the other aspects of the game, just a big bruiser that can head rocks and kick lumps out of people.

And everyone wonders why English football is so far behind other countries.

Who has said that?

covboy9

look I think the defence has been improving, yes we are making some comedy mistakes but that the nature of league one, bradfords defence is worse than ours

ecky

So if we'd had Dann, Keogh, Cranie etc as a replacement for Clarke are you saying the result would be the same?

The centre half pairing needs a shake up in January.

being positive i agree, the central defence needs strengthening and i am sure the management are aware of this, webster doesnt win many headers and semms to have lead boots, i think if we tighten up at the back we will cement our place in the play offs...

Covstu

I know what I prefer.

Spot on! Look at the way we play, we know it is a 'if you score two we score three' style of play. Look how quickly we break from the back, look at how high our back four play, we have NEVER played this way before. All of our previous 'big' centre halves got nose bleeds when they went past the half way line, you look at clarkes movement, how he links up with the midfield and our wing backs.

I am not saying Webster is the greatest but you change this format, you inhibit the attacking play.

dongonzalos

Bit of an idiot but would Titus do a pay as you play contract till the end of the season.

Probably pie in the sky due to wages, but maybe an option?

Chipped in with a few goals though didn't he. Webster looks like a pub player. Good goal today though. Don't think he inspires any confidence in Murphy

Sky Blue Pete

Only watched the highlights and Clarke had a good second half daft to stick his hands up but not even sure it hit them. Love Presley's passion!!

SkyBlueScottie

Keogh and Cranie would have struggled against Hansen today. Our goals against column will always be skewed due to the early season. Webster was clearly carrying a knock for the majority of the game.

1966skyblue

Seen a few games this season and clarke has been outstanding. Mistakes today but he passes really well out of defence and that's one of the reasons the midfield gets south ball.

Hobo

What has happened to the young centre half from Rangers. Not even on bench today. Is he injured ?

I don't think he was signed for immediate use, he is more a development prospect.

nmp2327

Totally agreed, I think all the hype about Clarke is over egged, he was at fault for the goal at Wimbledon and 2 at Bradford, he is simply not good enough other than sitting on the bench, certainly need some help in January in the Centre bcak positions

Users who are viewing this thread