It would be a real kick in the teeth if... (1 Viewer)

KersleyDigs

...SISU cashed in on our future.

By this I mean selling off our young stars. Bigi, Thomas, Christie, Cameron & Clarke are the positive that the fans can cling onto during these tough times, they have so much potential.

If you think selling Juke is bad (which it is), just wait and see if they stoop this low, it could be their most underhand and immoral move to date and would show a complete disregard for the good people of our City and the new generation of supporters.

The clock is ticking.....

Last edited:
I read somewhere on here yesterday that the SISU masterplan is to make the club a breeding ground for good youth players and then sell the quality players when worth it.

Glenn Hoddle has done something like this in Spain I believe and up until March 2011 the academy worked in association with Jerez Industrial in Spains 4th Tier. I wounder if SISU plan on churning out quality youngsters to be sold on at a profit, foregoing first team success?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Hoddle_Academy

Kersley, they will have no problem in doing that. As Scottie said, if bids come in they will be accepted. Unfortunately, our club is nothing but a financial spreadsheet to them.

This is my concern. None of us are shocked about the 'Juke out, untried Premiership loanee in' saga. Clubs throughout the country will be aware of our status and the potential to pick up players on the cheap. The whole of the first team squad will be under scrutiny and, if we are objective, there is a relatively short list of players that will generate interest...

Jutkiewicz (sounds all but gone)
Keogh (best performer this season, could certainly do a job in any other Championship team and may well be a welcome addition to lower Premiership squads)
Clingan
Cranie
Christie
Thomas
Bigi
Wood

All are saleable assets for varying (but, given our circumstances, reduced) prices. I would imagine we will have enquiries, if not offers, for most. I would imagine offers which represent an influx of cash to SISU will be considered. There is nothing to suggest they will be refused.

dick turpin

Are Sisu looking at the Youth team,top of there league and thinking "A year or twos time
this team could do well and be cheap as chips".Add to that the older players that signed up
again.Promotion here we come.
Bigi could have left twice!! i hear, but told them were to go
claping%20hands.gif

Was it Charlton? a few years ago who had a team full of youth players.They were getting a beating every game got relegated
then came back a top team,Full of the same older youth players..
This is the way forward for them.... REMEMBER " There in it LONG TERM "
So....
Offer current players Clingan Cranie etc Reduced Contracts...
players say NO or I will think it over!! They know they will refuse to sign.

Clingan Cranie should be placed on the transfer list now, imo

angry mixed up rant over

DT

Last edited:
Are Sisu looking at the Youth team,top of there league and thinking "A year or twos time
this team could do well and be cheap as chips".Add to that the older players that signed up
again.Promotion here we come.
Bigi could have left twice!! i hear, but told them were to go
claping%20hands.gif

Was it Charlton? a few years ago who had a team full of youth players.They were getting a beating every game got relegated
then came back a top team,Full of the same older youth players..
This is the way forward for them.... REMEMBER " There in it LONG TERM "
So....
Offer current players Clingan Cranie etc Reduced Contracts...
players say NO or I will think it over!! They know they will refuse to sign.

Clingan Cranie should be placed on the transfer list now, imo

angry mixed up rant over

DT

If this is the plan then tbh I don't mind. What pees me off is that they won't tell us. If Iggle came out and said this was the plan I'd more delighted tbh.

Dick Turpin:

'Are Sisu looking at the Youth team,top of there league and thinking "A year or twos time
this team could do well?'

Me:

No. They are thinking "This is a mess, who can we sell to recoup some of our losses? Probably the likes of Christie, maybe Thomas, perhaps Cameron. That awkward little shit Bigi seems to want to stay, maybe if we offer him out for a couple of hundred grand to enough clubs..? If no one else comes in to buy the Club and we have to stay involved, Thorn will just have to build the Club around Baker, Bell and McPake, why should we dip into our pockets again for these supporter mugs? The kids will just have to be good enough when called upon this season, there will only be so many cheap inexperienced loanees we can get in before we can't fill our bench..."

Users who are viewing this thread