It will never happen... (3 Viewers)

I'm a sixfields ST holder because i don't want to miss the team play but even i'm pissed off with this new stadium thing. Fisher is treating the fans like children spinning them absolute bullshit. There is no plans for a new stadium, Its all games and scare tactics for ACL and CCC to think "Oh shit, They might actually do it" Stevie Wonder could see that the only plan is to wait and get The Ricoh on the cheap so they may as well just be honest and at least show the fans a little bit of respect. The picture would be nice if there wasn't a stadium over double the size with a CV postcode.

Gint11

Could be scare mongering but you don't know 100% that its all bollocks. The club needs to own its stadium so if they do build one in the coventry area that we own then I am all for it.

Astute

I'm a sixfields ST holder because i don't want to miss the team play but even i'm pissed off with this new stadium thing. Fisher is treating the fans like children spinning them absolute bullshit. There is no plans for a new stadium, Its all games and scare tactics for ACL and CCC to think "Oh shit, They might actually do it" Stevie Wonder could see that the only plan is to wait and get The Ricoh on the cheap so they may as well just be honest and at least show the fans a little bit of respect. The picture would be nice if there wasn't a stadium over double the size with a CV postcode.

The biggest question is how many years will you be a STH in Northampton for whilst they try and get the Ricoh?

Captain Dart

So you will keep on buying a ST for at least another 3 seasons in Northampton? :eek:
Well didnt SISU say a 5 year plan? So yeah i will, I'm not letting some twat on a string stop me watching the great young side we have. For argument sake we still there in 5 years i'd have to seriously think of what to do then.

Stafford_SkBlue

It makes much better sense then ever going back to the Ricoh and paying rent to CCC - who only had us docked 10 points this season, out of spite.

italiahorse

Well didnt SISU say a 5 year plan? So yeah i will, I'm not letting some twat on a string stop me watching the great young side we have. For argument sake we still there in 5 years i'd have to seriously think of what to do then.

I have to admire your dedication. You must have thick skin with Sisu playing games with the fan base. Every day they knock another nail in the CCFC coffin for me.

Astute

So who is the twat doing so?

They said 3 years........maybe 5. You say you have had enough of their bullshit but are willing to take it for at least another 3 seasons. I have never said to anyone not to go. Am interested in why people do though. And there are many reasons. No reason is needed though.

Italiahorse - I'm against all of them, SISU, ACL & CCC, But i got the bug when i was 5, I'm 22 in January, I cant not go, Like i said tho if its still the same in 4/5 years then i will be seriously tempted not too. Coventry should play in Coventry and i will give them 4 years to get back there.

So who is the twat doing so?

They said 3 years........maybe 5. You say you have had enough of their bullshit but are willing to take it for at least another 3 seasons. I have never said to anyone not to go. Am interested in why people do though. And there are many reasons. No reason is needed though.

Willing to take it for how much i love the team. Yes.

blueflint

It makes much better sense then ever going back to the Ricoh and paying rent to CCC - who only had us docked 10 points this season, out of spite.

do you ever take note of the facts or just say the first thing that comes into your head

Astute

Italiahorse - I'm against all of them, SISU, ACL & CCC, But i got the bug when i was 5, I'm 22 in January, I cant not go, Like i said tho if its still the same in 4/5 years then i will be seriously tempted not too. Coventry should play in Coventry and i will give them 4 years to get back there.

So you are 22 soon. Happy birthday :)

I would have said most of us on here have had the bug for over 22 years. We had many years in the top flight. It is even harder for us to take. Loved the relegation battles we had nearly every year. Very rarely a boring end to the season. We thought we were doing bad them days. Would love the relegation battles to come back again in the top flight.....not division 2 or 3 like we have had in recent years. It is frustrating not being able to do anything about our predicament.

Fair play to you for keeping up the faith. Keep it up if you can. Not for me though until we are back home.

Gint11

The club needs a 12,500 capacity stadium ?

Heres my view. We need to own our stadium. Preferably the Ricoh but it doesnt look like it will happen. So we need a new stadium in Coventry. I am fully aware that for certain games we can generate 25-30,000 fans but on a regular basis we get 10,11K so a 12000 stadium is understandable. Surely that would mean nearly a full house most weeks. If the plans end up being true, then the stadium can be expanded to suit where we are ie if we get promoted then more fans will return.

The Gentleman

Heres my view. We need to own our stadium. Preferably the Ricoh but it doesnt look like it will happen. So we need a new stadium in Coventry. I am fully aware that for certain games we can generate 25-30,000 fans but on a regular basis we get 10,11K so a 12000 stadium is understandable. Surely that would mean nearly a full house most weeks. If the plans end up being true, then the stadium can be expanded to suit where we are ie if we get promoted then more fans will return.

Do you think you can just add 10,000 seats in a 2 month period if we get promotion ?

AJB1983

Once you stop going you don't miss it.
Was a difficult decision (not to watch my team) made easy for me by the lying bastards that run the club, forcing people to travel 30-odd miles to watch, over what?

chiefdave

Do you think you can just add 10,000 seats in a 2 month period if we get promotion ?

I doesn't look like a design where they will be adding a tier or anything like that so I can only assume the starting lower capacity is going to be down to not filling everywhere with seats (MK Don's and Brighton did this), which would mean the extra seating could be put in fairly quickly but to have space to add 10K there will have to be a lot of empty concrete gaps around the ground which is going to look a bit crap and like the ground hasn't been finished.

Gint11

Do you think you can just add 10,000 seats in a 2 month period if we get promotion ?[/QUOTE

If we got promoted, why would we need to expand within 2 months? What I am saying is if we get a promotion and demand is there, we can look to expand it as its looking to be built that way.

The Gentleman

Do you think you can just add 10,000 seats in a 2 month period if we get promotion ?[/QUOTE

If we got promoted, why would we need to expand within 2 months? What I am saying is if we get a promotion and demand is there, we can look to expand it as its looking to be built that way.

The problem is with expansion, it hinders what is already there. Yes, if a game is on a Saturday/Sunday then it is ok for builders to work in there in the week, but what about night matches. It would cut down on the 12k capacity while the extension work is being done and the cost for continually having to make it safe as it would be constantly in use would push the budget even further.

magic82ball

What, in 2 months ?

The stadium was already built to full size, just a case with them of adding the seats in where before it was just barron concrete terracing.

MK-Dons--Stadium-MK_1066443.jpg

Is this what is being suggested will happen with the new ground Hill?

chiefdave

The stadium was already built to full size, just a case with them of adding the seats in where before it was just barron concrete terracing.

I think that must be it as nothing on that picture looks modular. Problem with that is the ground will look unfinished for years. Surely it would work out cheaper to put all the seats in at once and just cover those not needed like they did in the corners at the Rioch. Added bonus that if you get a big cup tie or something that needs them for a one off you can use them.

The Gentleman

View attachment 3142

Who knows, but the buffoon Fisher says that he wants to create an a good atmosphere in the ground. If they did a build with a high roof but stayed in league 1 for a while whereas we did not extend, what atmosphere would that create ?

wingy

I think that must be it as nothing on that picture looks modular. Problem with that is the ground will look unfinished for years. Surely it would work out cheaper to put all the seats in at once and just cover those not needed like they did in the corners at the Rioch. Added bonus that if you get a big cup tie or something that needs them for a one off you can use them.

Correct ,nothing modular at all and nothing like Rotherhams. As ever no clarity to the thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread