It was the start that killed us this season (2 Viewers)

SkyblueTexan

We need to keep all our key players this season. Our starting line-up for the first game of next season should be:

Collins
van Ewijk
Thomas
Kitching
Bidwell
Sheaf
Eccles
New CAM/Palmer/Mason Clark
Sakamoto
Simms
Wright

As much continuity as possible.
I want a new GK in place of Collins. He’s not No 1 in my eyes. Priority is a central midfielder (aka Hamer 2.0). Then extra striker, defender and utility players who can cover multiple positions/formations. DK must explore the loan market for sure next season.

SkyblueTexan

Our lack of clean sheets this season has cost us a play-off place at least. We did brilliantly with a flat back 4. We have been inconsistent (at best) since he reverted to a back 5. They don't know whose role is whose. I hope we play back 4 at Wembley.
Not to mention the concession of own goals, especially of late.

Deity

But no proper cover, January was a big mistake.
We did have cover coming in don’t forget and Posh changed their mind on the final day of the window.

I also suspect no one saw COH’d dramatic decline in form and contribution.

I think we need an experienced 8 in the summer … I like Torp and Eccles but a bit of proven experience linking the back four and front 3 would really help.

stupot07

I think Tats getting injured was far more impactful that Fadz moving on
Yeah, Fadz wouldnt be playing as we've changed formation. He was 5th choice centre back behind Thomas, Kitching, Lati and Binks.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Adge

The Fadz one is an interesting take. Was it right for him to be shown the door? Yes-possibly, but he was the exact type of figure we needed today against Brum, a leader on the pitch which has been lacking today and since his departure unfortunately.

Speedies_Chips

I want a new GK in place of Collins. He’s not No 1 in my eyes. Priority is a central midfielder (aka Hamer 2.0). Then extra striker, defender and utility players who can cover multiple positions/formations. DK must explore the loan market for sure next season.
I think Lati proved today that we don’t want utility players. Get better players in and play them in their correct position.

Deity

The Fadz one is an interesting take. Was it right for him to be shown the door? Yes-possibly, but he was the exact type of figure we needed today against Brum, a leader on the pitch which has been lacking today and since his departure unfortunately.
We do need more experience but Fadz wasn’t the answer and we needed to move on given our change in formation .

Adge

We do need more experience but Fadz wasn’t the answer and we needed to move on given our change in formation .
Absolutely-I was more coming from the angle that there are no leaders in our team.

Martin180

Absolutely-I was more coming from the angle that there are no leaders in our team.
I think we have players who show leadership , Bidwell for example
I think we also have players that look like they will show leadership Thomas , Kitching , Eccles

SkyblueTexan

With the addition of another couple of decent players and holding onto our current crop apart from Callum should see us competing from the start next season.
I expect to see Tavares, Kelly, Godden depart for starters.
Add Moore, Wilson and Allen to the list as possible departures (at least I hope) as well. We just need better players and loanees if needed as well.

Deity

I think we have players who show leadership , Bidwell for example
I think we also have players that look like they will show leadership Thomas , Kitching , Eccles
Bidwell leads by example but you don’t see him talking to other players on the pitch and helping them through matches.

SkyblueTexan

I think Lati proved today that we don’t want utility players. Get better players in and play them in their correct position.
Well everyone was piss poor today. Lati has played some great games for us (more often than not) and his versatility has proven useful.

CCFCSteve

The FA Cup bollocks has killed the season.
Focus on the league
Maybe the cup was a distraction for some players yesterday but I don’t think we can blame it on recent form. We haven’t played any additional games due to the cup since the international break, we just haven’t delivered when it counted.

Gut feeling is I doubt we’d have been promoted anyway and looking at recent performances it’s way too early for most of this team/squad

Finally that wolves win will live long in the memory for those that were there or watched it on tv. Certainly one of the best I’ve been to over the years when taking everything into account

SBbucks

Maybe the cup was a distraction for some players yesterday but I don’t think we can blame it on recent form. We haven’t played any additional games due to the cup since the international break, we just haven’t delivered when it counted.

Gut feeling is I doubt we’d have been promoted anyway and looking at recent performances it’s way too early for most of this team/squad

Finally that wolves win will live long in the memory for those that were there or watched it on tv. Certainly one of the best I’ve been to over the years when taking everything into account

Potentially weird end to the season. If by some miracle we win on Sunday it’ll be 3 weeks without a game, then an FA Cup final. Strange one for the team/management to deal with.

sotvtoday

It's all very well having a model where you buy good young players and develop them to het a return and reinvest. It's a good model.
But....IMHO you need a couple of calm wise heads as well to make it work.

shmmeee

Potentially weird end to the season. If by some miracle we win on Sunday it’ll be 3 weeks without a game, then an FA Cup final. Strange one for the team/management to deal with.

Wonder if Robins would try and get a couple of friendlies ifnthat happened. Three weeks with no game is a long time

SBbucks

Wonder if Robins would try and get a couple of friendlies ifnthat happened. Three weeks with no game is a long time

I thought the same, but who is going to want to do that at the end of the season? Anyway, it’s very hypothetical at the moment.

torchomatic

It was not recruiting in January while getting rid of Mcfadezean that really killed it.
Nah, not for me. He wasn't playing for a long time before that.

Giving away the penalty at Preston started it, although turns out it wasn't a penalty, and then his Mum died and then he was stuck on the bench.

We won plenty of games with good performances without him.

hopesprings

I too agree GK is a worry , Moore is clearly going as contract ends...neither of the 2 remaining are good enough nor strong enough in the organisation and command of the penalty area. Not sure who is out there but it would be my priority for sure

Brighton Sky Blue

Do the old FM trick of arranging friendlies against the biggest clubs in the world to raise £500k profit a spin

Users who are viewing this thread