Item It may help? (1 Viewer)

Blind-Faith

For anyone like myself, who had lost their heads completely for the last 72 hours, the thread about your best Cov moments really helped me.

Saturday hurt, really really hurt. But just think back to all your favourite Cov moments , the goals , the celebrations, the joy, that feeling, the euphoria you lost yourself in when Gus bends one in against Middlesbrough and you just lose yourself , celebrating and hugging random blokes you’ve never met.

The smoke grenades going off , the atmosphere , the celebrations + singing outside and feeling like your truly part of something.

If you all want to give me abuse for my actions recently that’s fine, but if this posts helps just one person then it’s worth it. For the first time in 3 days I’m going to sleep in relative peace.

Let’s have it next season! PUSBS!!

( But let’s not do the playoffs again yeah? 😂 )

Otis

And definitely not penalties!!!

Some of the best moments for me...... The 3-2 win over West Ham in the League Cup in 81, the FA Cup Quarter Final vs Sheff Weds in 87, when Regis broke away and scored, the 4 nil lightning start against Preston under Eric Black's stewardship, Cyrille's header against Spurs to win the game 4-3, beating Everton 4-1 to stay up (1985 I think), Hamer's winner against Boro in the playoffs just gone.

The Wallace and Ferguson partnership. Went together like peaches and cream.

😍

mmttww

Glad you found a way through it, and Y, talked to people on the train back and agreed that the play offs can f*ck off. Try not to scapegoat people next time, eh? Dabo doesn't deserve that.

Calista

For anyone like myself, who had lost their heads completely for the last 72 hours, the thread about your best Cov moments really helped me.

Saturday hurt, really really hurt. But just think back to all your favourite Cov moments , the goals , the celebrations, the joy, that feeling, the euphoria you lost yourself in when Gus bends one in against Middlesbrough and you just lose yourself , celebrating and hugging random blokes you’ve never met.

The smoke grenades going off , the atmosphere , the celebrations + singing outside and feeling like your truly part of something.

If you all want to give me abuse for my actions recently that’s fine, but if this posts helps just one person then it’s worth it. For the first time in 3 days I’m going to sleep in relative peace.

Glad my other thread helped you BF, you did seem to have lost all sense of perspective, and Fanky really didn't deserve some of your comments.
Also good I reckon to think back to some of the horrendous bad moments of the past, and realise that they do lose their sting with time.
I agree about the playoffs and the lead-up to them. They caused about 6 weeks of murderous tension, a dozen moments of pure joy, and then it all went pop in a split second with that pen. Comfortable march to auto promotion next season please 😃

fernandopartridge

To be fair the general response from Cov fans I know has been positive to the defeat, everybody has seemed to retain some optimism for the future which is good. It's not surprising people feel despondent but I genuinely feel things are a bit different now. Let's see what the summer brings.

Calista

A huge boost for me is the realisation that we've recovered the fan base. Six years ago, we were watching the club dying before our eyes, and I feared we had permanently lost an entire generation of fans. But you can see the youngsters on board now, proud to be Sky Blues.
Robins' outstanding leadership is largely responsible for that, and the three trips to Wembley have helped so much, regardless of last weekend's heartbreak.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Glad to hear you've started to get over it. (y)

Skybluecol

Lost your head? You went too far imo with your comments.

Anyway, glad you have found some peace, it's not been an easy last 3 days.

Flying Fokker

You were a tad off Top-Dead-Centre. Misfiring all over the place.

According to DK, he expects the play-offs to happen at least 3 times in the coming years. I guess we’ll have to take Valium before let-downs!

Last edited:

Flying Fokker

And definitely not penalties!!!

Some of the best moments for me...... The 3-2 win over West Ham in the League Cup in 81, the FA Cup Quarter Final vs Sheff Weds in 87, when Regis broke away and scored, the 4 nil lightning start against Preston under Eric Black's stewardship, Cyrille's header against Spurs to win the game 4-3, beating Everton 4-1 to stay up (1985 I think), Hamer's winner against Boro in the playoffs just gone.

The Wallace and Ferguson partnership. Went together like peaches and cream.

😍
Garry Thompson, West End. Some Game.

fatso

Staying up with a last game win at White Heart Lane, and seeing the joy on the players faces, the atmosphere in the City end was funcking awesome.
Great journey back as well.

fatso

Travelling back into Cov after beating Leeds in the FA Cup semi-final.
Un fucking believable scenes.
It was like the whole City was out cheering the coaches as we travelled down the Ansty road/Walsgrave Road. Sky blue bloody everywhere. Like a carnival prosession, It felt like we'd actually played the game, not just gone to support.
Still brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

Sky blue till I die.

Users who are viewing this thread