it makes me feel sick (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

elephanttears

That i cant support these players at every single game, they need and deserve our support but i cant go to sixfields due to having a spine.

RFC

You can support them every game, it's your choice? Make a positive decision, I'm not missing out and watching the best football for the last 15 to 20 years! PUSB

Grendel

You can support them every game, it's your choice? Make a positive decision, I'm not missing out and watching the best football for the last 15 to 20 years! PUSB

Do you actually go to games or not?

elephanttears

People like are existing in a big empty space, what you really need is a spine, shag and life. But you will never have any of them its your destiny. Just accept it and die slowly. lol

Speedies_Chips

That i cant support these players at every single game, they need and deserve our support but i cant go to sixfields due to having a spine.

What a Martyr.

It's a game of football. Just go and up and enjoy it and save your principles for the really important things in your life.

Grendel

Surely if you didn't have a spine you'd be dead?

Gaz

I haven't been to sixfields and was adamant that I wouldn't go, but I'm now starting to feel like I should be going.

SP and the players really deserve our support and should be getting our support IMO.
They didn't ask for this situation just like we didn't.

Not going to sixfields has never been about protesting against our owners for me, but more about us playing outside of Cov, though something had to give with the rent as we would never progress as a club until this is sorted out.

The coaching staff and players are putting the effort in, I just can't help feeling like I'm not.

Grendel

I haven't been to sixfields and was adamant that I wouldn't go, but I'm now starting to feel like I should be going.

SP and the players really deserve our support and should be getting our support IMO.

Not going to sixfields has never been about protesting against our owners for me, but more about us playing outside of Cov, though something had to give with the rent as we would never progress as a club until this is sorted out.

The coaching staff and players are putting the effort in, I just can't help feeling like I'm not.

Oh dear - get your body armour on.

blueflint

i'm still waiting answers from another thread care you going to answer or not

ccfcway

it has. Ricoh offering rent reduction and financially it makes more sense (even in the short term) to play at Ricoh. RFC is due to disprove this, but its not forthcoming

pw362

Not everybody has a choice.What about fans who have work/family commitments on a matchday.
Me and 5 lads used to go to every home game before starting work at 530. That is not possible now because of the 70 mile round trip for a 'home' game. So you and the other 1500 enjoy yourselves in Northampton but just think about those of us who have had OUR football team taken away from us

Last edited:

Otis

Pretty much me that too, Gaz.

Just can't bring myself to watch my home town team play homen 34 miles outside the city though. It's a total madness.

We all know that this could all be sorted out. There's been intransigence on both sides and it's now just all very petty and silly. It's just ridiculous to be talking of building yet another stadium.

Several heads need banging together on this. It is worse than pathetic.

Otis

Pretty much me that too, Gaz.

Just can't bring myself to watch my home town team play homen 34 miles outside the city though. It's a total madness.

We all know that this could all be sorted out. There's been intransigence on both sides and it's now just all very petty and silly. It's just ridiculous to be talking of building yet another stadium.

Several heads need banging together on this. It is worse than pathetic.

The other thing to say on this though, and to me it just doesn't make sense. We are all City fans are we not? Some people now seem to be wavering slightly in their intent not to go. This though seems to be based on the City playing well under a good manager and us getting some really decent results.

But if we are all City fans shouldn't we be wanting to go up anyway? Whatever! If we lose 6-0 the week before I have still always wanted to go up the next game. Just as much so as when we have had a good result. They are my team, my club and I want to follow them through thick and thin, win or lose. In fact, when we have been doing really badly I have been even more determined to go, as I feel the team need my support more than ever.

Fine if people want to go. That's their choice. But I think that this is the problem we have had over many years. A lot of people only want to go up when we are doing well and not when we are doing poorly.

This is quite natual of course, but I recall Man U still getting massive crowds when they got relegated and Villa too when they went down to the third division in the 1970's. One game they had, they had a crowd of nearly 46,000.

For me, if it is wrong to go to Sixifields, it is wrong to go to Sixfields. I would like nothing more than to go up and see a City side playing good football and winning games in style.

I will not travel 34 miles to a home game though and never, ever will.

So even if City win the league and the win the Championship by 20 clear points, I will not set foot in Northampton or any other distant town we may choose to play in, in the future.

This argument is not about going or not going due to the play on the pitch, it is about not going because our home town club is playing games 34 miles away from its home.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

The other thing to say on this though, and to me it just doesn't make sense. We are all City fans are we not? Some people now seem to be wavering slightly in their intent not to go. This though seems to be based on the City playing well under a good manager and us getting some really decent results.

But if we are all City fans shouldn't we be wanting to go up anyway? Whatever! If we lose 6-0 the week before I have still always wanted to go up the next game. Just as much so as when we have had a good result. They are my team, my club and I want to follow them through thick and thin, win or lose. In fact, when we have been doing really badly I have been even more determined to go, as I feel the team need my support more than ever.

Fine if people want to go. That's their choice. But I think that this is the problem we have had over many years. A lot of people only want to go up when we are doing well and not when we are doing poorly.

This is quite natual of course, but I recall Man U still getting massive crowds when they got relegated and Villa too when they went down to the third division in the 1970's. One game they had, they had a crowd of nearly 46,000.

For me, if it is wrong to go to Sixifields, it is wrong to go to Sixfields. I would like nothing more than to go up and see a City side playing good football and winning games in style.

I will not travel 34 miles to a home game though and never, ever will.

So even if City win the league and the win the Championship by 20 clear points, I will not set foot in Northampton or any other distant town we may choose to play in, in the future.

This argument is not about going or not going due to the play on the pitch, it is about not going because our home town club is playing games 34 miles away from its home.

Absolutely agree Otis

Stafford_SkBlue

Otis - if you have the video Sky Blue Magic, you will notice that Old Trafford was deserted for the City game in their relegation year. Could see the barriers on the terracing etc. Just 37,000 and 42,000 at HR.

Otis

Otis - if you have the video Sky Blue Magic, you will notice that Old Trafford was deserted for the City game in their relegation year. Could see the barriers on the terracing etc. Just 37,000 and 42,000 at HR.

Maybe, but in Division 2 (now would be the Championship), their lowest attendance was 40,671 v N Forest. The highest was 60,585 v Sunderland and the average was 48,388.

I just think with the City the drop when we are doing poorly is huge. A lot of this down to our history of non-success though of course.

Gaz

Don't forget when we played them in the league cup at OT when we beat them 2-0.
By the 70min there was loads of empty seats where there fans just started deserting them.

Gaz

Problem with this though Otis, is that your presuming that the fans that are wavering to go watch City play at sixfields or not is based solely on the team doing well, when in reality there are football fans that just miss watching the game and want to forget about all this off field BS by supporting and cheering on the team.

Nick

Administrator
who wants mature adult friends, i like childish funny and boisterous ones. Whats wrong with you, coffin dodger.

Had a stella today? Closing this because you go on about people being Childish to try and insult as many people as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread