It had to happen (1 Viewer)

japandy

I personally don't go to Sixfields because for me Sunday is 'God's' day, but that is another issue. I have read the threads on here and GMK, and others, and it pains me to say 'it was only a matter of time'. People are decent until they have a drink inside of them and then they act foolishly. I have known GMKers for decades and they are good people as are the people on here, and I have known Kev Monk for years and he is an inspiration. But, do the police see it that way? Will the police view the peaceful demonstration in the light it should be? Without a doubt these guys on the hill DO NOT want just a free game they wanted to be seen by the players and the club ie - Tim Fisher. Unfortunately because of the media coverage of the guys on the hill it was only a matter of time before some fans, who are the worst for drink, get involved. IT ONLY NEEDS A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE TO CAUSE CHAOS. The police are not interested in 'peaceful' demonstations but it is 'their duty' to be 'involved' if the law is being broken, ie - drunkenness and abusive language. We actually don't know where these young men are from and may even be locals. I strongly suggest the guys on the hill contact - the local police and work with them, if not you may find the view of the police changes from 'peaceful demonstration' to 'louts causing mayhem'. The media would love that. At the end of the day we can all blame this person or that, and I blame Adam and Eve, but that doesn't change a thing. Time will be of the essense and as they say time is the great healer. I know there will be a CCFC long after I've gone but I won't fall out with people because of football. PS I have been trying to get Smiles (GMKer) to church for years maybe now the old codger will see the light Have a good day everyone

Monkeyface

Sad state of affairs, I agree it was inevitable that something like this would happen... and not just because of drink, the way some fans, of both persuasions, have been talking about each other on forums is unbelievable. And it was only going to take somebody to say something allowed for it to result in this.
Sad times for the Sky Blues, and we the fans are feeling it most.

sadly i can see it only vetting worse. i know its not right, but the fans going into sixfields knew what was going to happen. not their fault and its a heartbreaker not going to see my sky blues but we really should be united.

Nick

Administrator
sadly i can see it only vetting worse. i know its not right, but the fans going into sixfields knew what was going to happen. not their fault and its a heartbreaker not going to see my sky blues but we really should be united.

So the fans shouldn't go in just in case they get shouted at as they knew it was going to happen?

So the fans shouldn't go in just in case they get shouted at as they knew it was going to happen?

im not saying that, sisu have tugged at every single fans emotion these last few months. just look at most of the threads on here. people cant even agree how to protest.

the whole thing is just nuts

thaiskyblue

im not saying that, sisu have tugged at every single fans emotion these last few months. just look at most of the threads on here. people cant even agree how to protest.

the whole thing is just nuts
this is what sisu want, i believe that's what Seppala told Fisher to do create confusion.

CCFCChadders

Personally I would never go Sixfields, but personally I wouldn't stand on a hill either. I get the point in doing it but is it not better just to boycott Sixfields and stick to away games, at least then your Saturday or Sunday afternoon can be enjoyed. Does it really make a difference? does Seppala really care about those on the hill? At least at away fixtures we are all united and not getting laughed at.

thaiskyblue

Personally I would never go Sixfields, but personally I wouldn't stand on a hill either. I get the point in doing it but is it not better just to boycott Sixfields and stick to away games, at least then your Saturday or Sunday afternoon can be enjoyed. Does it really make a difference? does Seppala really care about those on the hill? At least at away fixtures we are all united and not getting laughed at.
Brentford fans were laughing at fans in the ground, some even joined the lads on the hill.

CCFCChadders

I have nothing more than total respect for the fans who joined the lads on the hill, rather than take the piss out of us. like I said I don't particularly agree with the hill but its nice to see some fans understand our difficult times.

Ultimately it is football though and one mans loss is another mans gain.

CCFCChadders

Brentford fans were laughing at fans in the ground, some even joined the lads on the hill.

I have nothing more than total respect for the fans who joined the lads on the hill, rather than take the piss out of us. like I said I don't particularly agree with the hill but its nice to see some fans understand our difficult times.

thaiskyblue

who's gaining /, NOT THE SUPPORTERS, NOT SHITSU THEIR COFFERS ARE GOING DOWN.

Gosford Green

Its going to get a lot worse as the interview featured in the CT last week reaffirms that SISU/OPTIMUM or whatever have no intentions of coming back to Coventry.

I think they will sit it out until they realise that ACL are not going bust or will give away the stadium for nothing. Financial desperation might cause them to rebrand what's left of the club to attract either sponsor's or new fans from the Northants / Beds / Bucks areas.

It will end up similar to when Wimbledon moved to MK , after a few years there was barely a mini bus load of fans travelling from South London each week.

jesus-wept

Trouble eventually was inevitable and imo will get worse. Don't think there was anything more than trading insults, but with the darker nights looming and maybe some indifferent results brooding fans can be volatile and unpredictable. It only takes a few and they will attract similar types. I think a lot, me included thought, hoped this Sixfields debacle would blow over and we would be back in Cov sooner rather than later but this interview with Sepalla suggests it will never happen while she has anything to do with it, so the fans' short fuses get shorter.

Matty_CCFC

I personally don't go to Sixfields because for me Sunday is 'God's' day, but that is another issue. I have read the threads on here and GMK, and others, and it pains me to say 'it was only a matter of time'. People are decent until they have a drink inside of them and then they act foolishly. I have known GMKers for decades and they are good people as are the people on here, and I have known Kev Monk for years and he is an inspiration. But, do the police see it that way? Will the police view the peaceful demonstration in the light it should be? Without a doubt these guys on the hill DO NOT want just a free game they wanted to be seen by the players and the club ie - Tim Fisher. Unfortunately because of the media coverage of the guys on the hill it was only a matter of time before some fans, who are the worst for drink, get involved. IT ONLY NEEDS A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE TO CAUSE CHAOS. The police are not interested in 'peaceful' demonstations but it is 'their duty' to be 'involved' if the law is being broken, ie - drunkenness and abusive language. We actually don't know where these young men are from and may even be locals. I strongly suggest the guys on the hill contact - the local police and work with them, if not you may find the view of the police changes from 'peaceful demonstration' to 'louts causing mayhem'. The media would love that. At the end of the day we can all blame this person or that, and I blame Adam and Eve, but that doesn't change a thing. Time will be of the essense and as they say time is the great healer. I know there will be a CCFC long after I've gone but I won't fall out with people because of football. PS I have been trying to get Smiles (GMKer) to church for years maybe now the old codger will see the light Have a good day everyone

Come on GMKs are a very strange group.

Users who are viewing this thread