It doesn't get bigger than Monday.. (1 Viewer)

The Reverend Skyblue

An early supermac goal,(either of them will do), and we will win. i know some of there fans are unhppy with the style of play they go for and an early goal will put immense pressure on them to come out and attack us.If they do this gaps will appear at the back and the speed of both Cody and Nimely would be hard to control.

If we could get that early goal i really think a good 3-1 away win will happen. The oldies on here have been through this so many times it almost becomes expected, and i have deep confidence that our team is good enough to get out this.

If we did'nt have the loan players,Norwood in particular i would feel a little anxious about it, but i have the faith i've had all these years,apart from 1 season, that we will get out of this before our last game at the Saints.

Enjoy the ride, we support the skyblues, masters of getting out of many many relegation scraps

The Rev

Last edited:
Another big away support,just hope its not anothere ill omen like the Forest away game,or am i after supporting the team since 1957, being too pessimistic ?

Otis

I honestly don't think we will go for the early goal. I very much expect AT to go for the cautious approach.

Whether that is the right strategy or not we will found out tomorrow.

Brighton Sky Blue

It's failed us numerous times this season to be honest. I don't see it being decided by more than the odd goal for sure, and there won't be much between the sides. Brizzle look poor indeed and we are defending poorly ourselves-so both teams are there for the taking.

Astute

We are playing better than Brizzle. They need the win more than us. Would be happy with a draw as we have easier games than them left and are still on an unbeaten run. They will know they were lucky to beat Florest. They will be crapping themselves when we get the ball so expect them to play defensively again and their fans to get on their backs. Think we will have the best of the game. Can they get two lucky wins in two games? Also, we will have had a slightly longer break from our last game to them.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We aren't defending that poor, 6 goals conceded in last 7 games. We weren't great against Peterborough defending though and Bristol impressed defensively yesterday.

Paxman II

Think you were indeed over confident Otis re Posh and I did caution that it was not a foregone conclusion and turned out so.
We have drawn too many on this unbeaten run so law of averages suggest a win or defeat is now likely with the latter more obvious as we have been unbeaten in 7 and to make that 8 is a long stretch.

I hope I'm completely wrong. Bristol though lucky and with lots of great keeper heroics won at Forest but watching highlights I see they also brought a couple of fine saves from Forest too and should have scored a second and missed it. So lets not assume they were all bad and we will walk this one.

I think we are better than them at the moment and if we start well we should be capable of a result. The capacity crowd works both ways for a game like this. We should be up for it too! The home crowd will be a negative if we can get ourselves ahead and frustrate them.

It's all down to AT and his tactics and the effort of the boys. Men must stand out from the boys so I would look to Deagan in for Bigi as we must put a dent in their midfield area and Platt to start against Louis Carey who for me is not the greatest CB by a long chalk.

Overall I don't think we will lose and that's OK.

If we lose it's not all over by any means. Bristol have some very difficult fixtures ahead.
You can't help wondering though that a defeat will dent our confidence so yes avoid defeat by any means, that must be the remit from Thorn.

Can't help reminding myself of what a terrible season we have endured until very recently and is THE reason why we are in this terrible predicament now. Just a few more points away from home and we would not be having this conversation. Should we survive in the end it's in spite of himself that Thorn achieves it....not genius.

Macca

We are playing better than Brizzle. They need the win more than us. Would be happy with a draw as we have easier games than them left and are still on an unbeaten run. They will know they were lucky to beat Florest. They will be crapping themselves when we get the ball so expect them to play defensively again and their fans to get on their backs. Think we will have the best of the game. Can they get two lucky wins in two games? Also, we will have had a slightly longer break from our last game to them.

Astute can you make some negative predictions please then if you continue your poor prediction form from yesterday we will be fine ;)

Astute

Poor predictions? When did I last predict we would lose? When did we last lose? Sorry to say but no idea when we will keep hitting the woodwork ;-) Was not alone on not seeing Brizzle winning yesterday

Macca

Poor predictions? When did I last predict we would lose? When did we last lose? Sorry to say but no idea when we will keep hitting the woodwork ;-) Was not alone on not seeing Brizzle winning yesterday

And early on when boro scored categorically stating we will win. Mystic meg will not be handing in her notice yet. Come on predict a city defeat dammit

Astute

And early on when boro scored categorically stating we will win. Mystic meg will not be handing in her notice yet. Come on predict a city defeat dammit

Cut me a little slack mate :eek: We went down 1-0 after 3 mins and I still expected us to win when we don't come from behind to win. Was nearly right :laugh:

Macca

Cut me a little slack mate :eek: We went down 1-0 after 3 mins and I still expected us to win when we don't come from behind to win. Was nearly right :laugh:

Yeh just killing time mate! Is this the longest day ever?

Users who are viewing this thread