It doesn't get bigger than Monday.. (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

Hard to believe with our recent run we're back in the bottom three. Monday is so so big!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Barnsley have been terrible lately but they are nearly safe.

Must not lose on Monday, a draw would keep us in with a chance and a defeat will be very hard to come back from. I think we are more than capable of winning Monday though.

Astute

A win=Great
A draw=Still in with a good shout
A defeat=Not in our own hands and have to hope at least 2 other results go our way

Was certainly a lucky win by Brizzle. Can they do it again? I hope not.

Forest away to P'boro next. Won't be easy for them. Looks like another team could be back in the battle

SkyBlue_Bear83

Luck has definitely gone against us today, we hit the post 3 times today and don't score and then Bristol score with there only attack of the game today and their keeper pulls off a few cracking saves. :facepalm:

The Reverend Skyblue

I believe its fate we will survive, and actually the Bristol result re focuses the players on how big Monday is.

If they believed they had done the hard work and looked like we would survive , this result screams out that the hard work actually lies ahead, and everything thing they've done in the last 7 games will count for nothing if we lose Monday and then go on a slide.

Have faith, the big man upstairs says we will survive

The Rev

standupforcity

I believe its fate we will survive, and actually the Bristol result re focuses the players on how big Monday is.

If they believed they had done the hard work and looked like we would survive , this result screams out that the hard work actually lies ahead, and everything thing they've done in the last 7 games will count for nothing if we lose Monday and then go on a slide.

Have faith, the big man upstairs says we will survive

The Rev

Comforting words Rev and I believe you're right....

Gaz

I don't feel great at all now.

A point away at Bristol would be a great result but it's not enough for us anymore.
Can't see us getting 3 points.

What a difference a week makes eh ?

DukeOfCov

I don't feel great at all now.

A point away at Bristol would be a great result but it's not enough for us anymore.
Can't see us getting 3 points.

What a difference a week makes eh ?

Let's face it Bristol were just very lucky to score yesterday with their two attacks - their only goal was because Forest's goalie brought down a man...

I remain optimistic about it...hopefully their goalie will have alot more to do than yesterday.

Otis

Rev is right in many ways.

Had we gone into the Bristol game 4 points ahead, or even two ahead we may well have then have lost the game thinking that the job was almost done.

This does now focus our thoughts and made us realise perhaps that we do still have to keep going. A draw will be fine I believe. Bristol have Brum and West Ham next so the pressure will be very much on them to get the 3 points with those two very tough games to come.

PhilWasn'tBabb

Given our position at christmas it think we would all have been well happy to be in the position we are now. Losing on monday would be hammer blow, anything more than that is a good result.

I just hope it doesn't go to the last day, getting anything at southampton will be a big ask..

I have a feeling our goal difference good be a factor but lets hope not

Macca

Rev is right in many ways.

Had we gone into the Bristol game 4 points ahead, or even two ahead we may well have then have lost the game thinking that the job was almost done.

This does now focus our thoughts and made us realise perhaps that we do still have to keep going. A draw will be fine I believe. Bristol have Brum and West Ham next so the pressure will be very much on them to get the 3 points with those two very tough games to come.

Us city fans are the kings of spin :)

Thank god we threw away a win yesterday while our closest rivals picked up an unexpected away win. Wouldn t have it any other way :)

Otis

It's not spin though Macca.

Had we been 4 points clear this morning there would be post after post after post on here saying that we will now survive and everyone would have believed that we wouldn't lose against Bristol after 3 wins on the bounce and everything being rosey in the Sky Blue garden.

This now just focuses us more on the job in hand and stresses the importance of this match.

standupforcity

My shoulders are up a little again today, regardless of the comforting psychology being offered. I wish we'd won yesterday and Bristol had lost...simple as that. Monday will be exciting though, no doubt about it!

Macca

It's not spin though Macca.

Had we been 4 points clear this morning there would be post after post after post on here saying that we will now survive and everyone would have believed that we wouldn't lose against Bristol after 3 wins on the

bounce and everything being rosey in the Sky Blue garden.

This now just focuses us more on the job in hand and stresses the importance of this match.

Not with you on this one. Forget the forum think of the football side. If we would have gone to Bristol with a 3-4 point gap they would have been massively under pressure, at home, fans on their back and with us being able to make the most of that. I can t say that I am happier in this situation whatever way I look at it. I am also much less confident of getting anything there now.

In fact I am convinced they will beat us and seal our fate

Otis

Was thinking that way last night, but now, as I alluded to on another thread, Bristol will be under pressure for this being a must win game for them with Brum and then West Ham to come for them after us.

Macca

I m not really basing it in anything other than gut feeling. Something about yesterday seemed significant to me.

jabharty

I think that BC will really go for it tomorrow, and I think that will suit us. I don't know if any one else thought the same, but we looked very strong on the counter, and macca played a massive part in that, especially with that little flick on in the second half. We do have pace, and if Nimely finds the ball at his feet on the counter, we will start scaring the shit out of their fans.
I also think that the crowds will play a massive part. If our fans can just be that little bit louder, spurr the boys on to get a goal, and shut the Brizzle traps, we could be on to a victory.
PUSB!

Otis

I think the counter attack will suit us.

Bristol have to come at us. Can't believe for a minute they haven't got at least one eye on the fact they have Brum and West Ham to come after us. They must know that they have to beat us. Brum have now scored 3 goals in each of their last 3 games and are now really coming into some form and West Ham really need the points to mount a promotion top 2 challenge.

I just kow if we had Brum and then West Ham to come after Monday we would be thinking only in terms of 2 draws tops from those games.

skyblueinBaku

I'm more worried now about tomorrow's game than I was yesterday morning. Having won at Forest (however luckily), Bristol's tails will be up and they may well think they have a good chance of avoiding the drop. They will certainly come at us and will have confidence. Had they lost yesterday, their confidence would have been shattered and an early goal by us would probably have killed them. But now we face a real tough fight tomorrow.

Otis

Thing is for me, yesterday I was so confident and we didn't win. Sometimes it's when you fear the worst that City surprise you.

I am predicting a 0-2 score tomorrow.

More often than not I'm wrong though so very much hoping I will be wrong again tomorrow.

Otis

True.

Happy it is so immediate on the one hand, but on the other very conscious of the fact that we can't rotate our squad as other sides can.

SkyBlue_Bear83

As long as we don't lose we are still in with a chance, if we lose we will need to win at least 3/4 to give us a chance.

dadgad

The thing is the times of the games yesterday conspired against us. If we had beaten Posh it would have forced Bristol to play differently.
This fact in itself was unfortunate and definitely played into Bristol's hands.

wingy

Going to sound like a mackem here but i detest the differring matchday /matchtime schedules ,may be just perception but i feel it benefits the team that plays last ,like MU two monday night games on the bounce ,gave them an edge for sure.

AFCCOVENTRY

I am not feeling to confident about tomorrow.

We lose and it will be disaster.

I can see Bristol after our game getting a further 6 points. I can only see us getting 6 points as well.

I am gutted we didn't win yesterday.

WillieStanley

I'm still optimistic.

We weren't outplayed yesterday and had to contend with a lot. Posh have a lot more about them than Brizzle do. If our heads, hearts and legs can take it, I think we can still be confident about a win.

AFCCOVENTRY

I'm still optimistic.

We weren't outplayed yesterday and had to contend with a lot. Posh have a lot more about them than Brizzle do. If our heads, hearts and legs can take it, I think we can still be confident about a win.

It takes one decent result for a team to gain a lot of confidence. Bristol pulled it out of the bag and got a huge result at Forest.

Sell out crowd tomorrow and Cov will be feeling the heat at the Gate.

A lot of pressure on both sets of players.

Bottom line is we cannot lose.

Otis

Going to sound like a mackem here but i detest the differring matchday /matchtime schedules ,may be just perception but i feel it benefits the team that plays last ,like MU two monday night games on the bounce ,gave them an edge for sure.

Pompey have the advantage of playing on Tuesday evening rather than tomorrow.

Daz

Doncaster Millwall we must win!!!

If we get a draw at Bristol City then we must get all 3 points at Home for both Doncaster & Millwall. I cant see forest or Bristol doing us any favours & we do like to leave everything to the last day!!

Users who are viewing this thread