Is Vik on his way to Everton? (1 Viewer)

Paxman II

Seems highly likely according to reports emerging. 15m + is figure being rumoured.
Is there a ready replacement?

usskyblue

Seems highly likely according to reports emerging. 15m + is figure being rumoured.

giphy.gif

Greggs

If he is, I'm on my way to watch fucking Rugby Union.

Paxman II

Everton persuing Broja at Chelsea who was on loan at Southampton las season. Gyokeres on the list of alternatives. No bid made for Gyokores. Let's hope Chelsea play ball!

curly_tom

I'm not sure he'd be good enough for that level yet. I know they had a shit season last year and I think Lampard is an awful manager but their fans expect top-half and I don't think he's top-half Premier League quality. He's great for us, as a mid-table Championship side. I really hope we keep him regardless of what someone is willing to pay.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

If true, then it's a relegation battle this season.

Yorkshire SB

What can we do. If a PL club like Everton come calling, pay at least £15m, then we have to say fair enough. Vik been superb, signed for 1m and then makes us a load of profit, and gets himself a move to the PL.

I think we'd invest a fair amount, as we're in trouble otherwise. Even so, would be very different expectations this season.

Paxman II

It's football the decisions keep changing constantly on a phone call. Let's hope the more experienced Broja can be coaxed to Goodison Park and our immediate worry is over.

Hertsccfc

I'm not sure he'd be good enough for that level yet. I know they had a shit season last year and I think Lampard is an awful manager but their fans expect top-half and I don't think he's top-half Premier League quality. He's great for us, as a mid-table Championship side. I really hope we keep him regardless of what someone is willing to pay.
I agree. Broja for example showed last season that he is an effective Premier league striker. I think Gyokeres is some way from that. He might well become a Premier League player but he really could do with another season in the Championship.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's football the decisions keep changing constantly on a phone call. Let's hope the more experienced Broja can be coaxed to Goodison Park and our immediate worry is over.
Let's say that Everton are interested but it doesn't happen so our immediate worry is over. There's still the potential that right at the end of the transfer window he ends up going elsewhere, say Burnley or Fulham, for a smaller fee because we need the sale. I'd find that much worse.

I don't want to lose him (or any of our better players) but if it's going to happen better sooner so we've got the chance to bring in alternatives. I also think we'd be more likely to get a higher fee from a club like Everton as well.

Also, having said that, if we had to lose one of the main players I'd rather lose Hamer for £5-6m and add-ons. We'd undoubtedly miss him, but I feel we'd miss him a bit less than Vik.

steve101

I agree. Broja for example showed last season that he is an effective Premier league striker. I think Gyokeres is some way from that. He might well become a Premier League player but he really could do with another season in the Championship.
From what I saw of Broja, Gyokeres is better.

slowpoke

More of a choice for Gyorkeres imo he needs regular first team football for another twelve months no good with his arse parked on a sub bench.

SBT

We have zero depth in key areas of the team and only one real chip to cash in if we want to do anything to change that. Nevermind selling Gyokeres this window, we should have sold him last month imo.

rexo87

From what I saw of Broja, Gyokeres is better.
Similar players. Strong, powerful, quicker than they first look. However Broja is currently way ahead of Gyok having played in prem for a full season

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

SBT

…not in danger of going down. The financial consequences of which are also not to be sniffed at. We really need to hang on this season until all the deadwood can be moved on and several big fees collected.

We’re better than the Gyokeres-less 2020/21 team which was also not in danger of going down. I think your fears are overblown; I also think it’s fantasy to suggest that what Gyokeres can do for this team is worth more than, say, £15 million quid.

Brighton Sky Blue

We’re better than the Gyokeres-less 2020/21 team which was also not in danger of going down. I think your fears are overblown; I also think it’s fantasy to suggest that what Gyokeres can do for this team is worth more than, say, £15 million quid.

Minus O’Hare as well?

Users who are viewing this thread