Is this the start of something? (1 Viewer)

Could this be the start of something?

Two years, two trips to Wembley and two trophy’s one of which gave us promotion.....Lots of quality young players with some old wise heads around and a manager that has united us all.

We are a good footballing team and IMO one that could do well in L1. We were one of the standout teams of L2 and many opposition fans said this throughout the season.

And not to mention the fans.....huge following yesterday for a L2 playoff final, amazing scenes and better still great memories for us all. This will bring people back for sure.

Hopefully we keep the team together now.

Good times ahead perhaps.....?????

Sky_Blue_Daz

Could be the start of something very special, momentum is key . And with a couple of signings, added to returning players a top 10 or higher finish could be within reach

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

All about momentum now, a positive season next season is the key!
It’s weird one that we’ve had to drop to the 4th tier but it may have just reignited the club which has spent this century just plummeting!

Last edited:

willz121

One thing that made me feel more optimistic than I have in a while was the interaction between players and fans yesterday. Carl Baker has always been good on social media, but seeing Davies posing for photos before the game, then the players willing to chat and have photos in Fizzy Moon afterwards is something I don't remember us having for a long time.

Samo

I certainly hope so. It would be a lovely two fingered salute to our treacherous 'city of rugby' council for a start off. :happy:

steve cooper

We will see Sisu's real intentions now, at the very least next year's budget should include the money generated from the playoffs on top of what the budget would have been, plus any money generated from player sales, whether current or previous. If we get one or two good signings early on, attendances next season should improve as well. This is a rare opportunity, I hope Sisu don't mess it up.

Manchester_sky_blue

All about momentum now, a positive season next season is the key!
It’s weird one that we’ve had to drop to the 4th tier but it may have just reignited the club which has spent this century just plummeting!
There is precedent though. Leeds, Charlton, Wolves, Southampton..... all dropped down the divisions and then bounced back up once they had momentum. I see no reason why we can't bounce straight up from league one to the champ next season. Getting up to the prem is an altogether different prospect though.

Users who are viewing this thread