Is this the most exciting pre-season EVER? (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

New Signings week after week!
Being referred to as a "big club" "massive club" by other clubs and players!
Season Ticket Sales well up!
Promoted!
General Gut feeling that we might keep up the momentum and achieve something in the coming season!
Whats going on - I'm feeling like I did in the old days, full of child like optimism.

Oh wait! I forgot - I'm older and wiser!

Relegation back to League 2 might be on the cards!
We might be kicked out of The Ricoh by Wasps!
Mark Robins Might decide to have a second crack at Huddersfield!
McNulty & Bayliss gone in January!

Oh well lets enjoy this Sunny outlook before it pisses down with rain again!

GaryJones

Well at least if we do get relegated we can get to team up with the sad man Kevin Nolan again!
Now that really would cheer things up!

Nick

Administrator
I'm not getting carried away just yet.

I can't see relegation but likewise I can't see promotion.

Looking forward to the start of pre season though to see some of the new players.

djr8369

It’s surely only a matter of time until our dreams are smashed with McNulty and Bayliss being sold for a combined fee of half a tube of Pringles and some pocket lint and then being kicked out of the Ricoh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quinn1971

Can’t wait for this season to start ( haven’t said that for a few years ) Looks like Robbins is putting a decent squad together that won’t be far off at the end of the season, this time next year I reckon we’ll be looking forward to life in the championship

better days

Well I had £20 each way on us winning the division
I don't have inside information but I will be surprised if we keep Bayliss if a Championship club make a huge offer for him.
McNulty may be a bit different
I suspect we will make him an offer of a new contract which might be attractive enough to keep him
Fingers crossed

clint van damme

Looking forward to the start of pre season though to see some of the new players.

I'd happily be mid table next season. Consolidate our League 1 position and try to kick on from there.
I would imagine if we aren't challenging for promotion they'll be the usual grumblings but there are a few decent sized clubs in League 1 who I'd imagine will have bigger playing budgets.

jackdg

If we sign Sterling and Ogogo it’d be nice to get a fast, left-footed striker/winger and maybe a GK in for O’Brien... could see us finishing top 10 on that basis

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

New Signings week after week!
Being referred to as a "big club" "massive club" by other clubs and players!
Season Ticket Sales well up!
Promoted!
General Gut feeling that we might keep up the momentum and achieve something in the coming season!
Whats going on - I'm feeling like I did in the old days, full of child like optimism.

Oh wait! I forgot - I'm older and wiser!

Relegation back to League 2 might be on the cards!
We might be kicked out of The Ricoh by Wasps!
Mark Robins Might decide to have a second crack at Huddersfield!
McNulty & Bayliss gone in January!

Oh well lets enjoy this Sunny outlook before it pisses down with rain again!

You need to take the half glass full outlook!!!!

Relegation back to League 2 might be on the cards! Promotion to the Championship might be on the cards!
We might be kicked out of The Ricoh by Wasps! We might move in at Wembley now that's free!
Mark Robins Might decide to have a second crack at Huddersfield! Russel Slade might decide to come and have another crack with us!
McNulty & Bayliss gone in January! Beavon could be gone in January!

Last edited:

GaryJones

We are already in League 1 but I get your point - I sometimes cant believe we got promoted either!

Sky Blue Harry H

You need to take the half glass full outlook!!!!

Relegation back to League 2 might be on the cards! Promotion to League 1 might be on the cards!
We might be kicked out of The Ricoh by Wasps! We might move in at Wembley now that's free!
Mark Robins Might decide to have a second crack at Huddersfield! Russel Slade might decide to come and have another crack with us!
McNulty & Bayliss gone in January! Beavon could be gone in January!

No accounting for what the hot weather can do to people - all rush to B&Q to buy fans to cool down (other stores are available)

bezzer

Most exciting pre-season ever? Not for me.

For me it was the start of the 83/84 season. Sexton sacked, half of what was an extremely talented bunch of players left and Bobby Gould appointed. Nearly a whole team of unknowns signed and the excitement, mixed with a little trepidation, went on throughout the summer.....

speedie87

The summer we signed mcallister I was well up for it

The we absolutely destroyed by benefica pre season and hammered by forest opening day and I realised was still going to be long season

steve cooper

The point is for me, we have fairly recent experience of being top of L1 so we know the sort of players we need to get there again. If there is the will to give a good go, and it seems there is, I can't see why we shouldn't be challenging near the top.

vow

It’s surely only a matter of time until our dreams are smashed with McNulty and Bayliss being sold for a combined fee of half a tube of Pringles and some pocket lint and then being kicked out of the Ricoh.
You're a couple of years out there, m8.
Do you do kids parties too?

robbiekeane

Not the most exciting for me either. Nothing will beat the pure adrenaline of the 2016 protracted 'will he/won't he?' Kelvin Wilson transfer saga.
Don’t know what you’re talking about mowbray has his hands tied....only tried to buy 6 championship defenders....

Sky Blue Pete

Add the Chelsea guy and keep Bayliss and McNulty we would be a top keeper and top striker short of top 6

I fully expect a number of contract extensions and one of Bayliss or McNulty to leave but this way roubd is much better.

And we will need a good offer to let them go

GaryJones

I don't think either Bayliss or McNulty are going anywhere!
Why would they? They are both in the 1st team playing for a newly promoted team with some great new additions and the best fans in the country!
Maybe January if we are in misery but hopefully we will be top 6 by then and everyone will want to stay.
The end!

Mucca Mad Boys

There’s good cause for optimism! We’ve signed some exciting players, and we have Jones to come back from injury! Who I hope has an absolute stormer in L1! Let’s aim high and try for automatics! Does anyone think that this team could well be better than the side Mowbray put together? By August 4th, we could genuinely have a very competitive squad.

standupforcity

Exciting yes, and we're still building. Hopeful of challenging for back to back promotion... the winds have changed, and momentum is key... look how much more attractive we are now to quality players.

mark82

I don't think either Bayliss or McNulty are going anywhere!
Why would they? They are both in the 1st team playing for a newly promoted team with some great new additions and the best fans in the country!
Maybe January if we are in misery but hopefully we will be top 6 by then and everyone will want to stay.
The end!

Don't think McNulty will. Can see our resolve being tested on Bayliss. With the Maddison money we can afford to hold out though.

standupforcity

Why would a player in a team on the way up want to leave to sit on the bench elsewhere? I don't think they would....but unfortunately it's the agent's who step in and screw up young and budding careers...and we all know why!!

Magwitch

Depends how you look at it being negative of those we have signed only two Brown and Ogogo are likely to go straight into the team but then on a positive front add Jones and Andrue to them into what had become a pretty good team at the tail end of last season there’s every cause to be excited. And there’s more to come I reckon.

Irish Sky Blue

There’s good cause for optimism! We’ve signed some exciting players, and we have Jones to come back from injury! Who I hope has an absolute stormer in L1! Let’s aim high and try for automatics! Does anyone think that this team could well be better than the side Mowbray put together? By August 4th, we could genuinely have a very competitive squad.
Mowbray turned around a team that had almost been relegated to one that was challenging for two thirds of the season. He did this mainly with the use of loans, the acquisition of Vincelot and the form of Fleck. This team has momentum, they are more settled and have shown in cups games last season that they can beat teams in this league. I think we can make a serious bid for promotion again.

better days

Why would a player in a team on the way up want to leave to sit on the bench elsewhere? I don't think they would....but unfortunately it's the agent's who step in and screw up young and budding careers...and we all know why!!
Normally I would 100% agree with you
The possible exception might be Bayliss if he goes to Derby
Frank Lampard was playing in the Premier League at 17
He also has the money and prestige not to worry about getting the sack if things don't work out
Most managers won't give kids a chance because they are scared of getting the bullet if results don't go their way
Bayliss is with one of the better agencies
They recommended their client Nazon stayed with us last January for example but he preferred to take a chance elsewhere

Users who are viewing this thread