Is There Anything SISU Could Do? (1 Viewer)

Malaka

Just wondering. I was listening to the radio on the way home and someone can't remember who was talking about how well Robins has spent his budget and managed to hold on to a player.

It got me wondering, is there anything that SISU could do to win the fans back and be forgiven?
Would having a good competitive team, a stadium, etc be enough?

skyblueinBaku

I you or in fact any fan aren’t in a position to pick and choose who owns this football club.
Never have been and never likely too either!
RFC, you have misunderstood the question the OP asked.

higgs

Just wondering. I was listening to the radio on the way home and someone can't remember who was talking about how well Robins has spent his budget and managed to hold on to a player.

It got me wondering, is there anything that SISU could do to win the fans back and be forgiven?
Would having a good competitive team, a stadium, etc be enough?
Any update on the takeover malaka?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ccfcway

they gambled with our home, took us away from home and promised to build us a home

I'd start with rectifying that if I was them !

better days

To some extent they are doing something right but giving Robins the power to do things his way in the hope that he brings success

Fisher has talked in the past of not wanting to sell at 'the bottom of the cycle' so perhaps a sale is more likely if we manage to get promoted

Kingokings204

I cant forgive them for what they have done to my football club most importantly the sixfields disaster. It crossed a heavy line for me.

I get over it to support the team and be there for the team as my support has never really diminished. Another relegation last season with no fight at all was hard to take also.

Basically I will support my football club regardless but will never forgive and forget.

Worth mentioning everyone has played a part in our demise these last 15 years but sisu have been awful for us of which there is no doubt.

rob9872

In this order: sack Fisher, apologise, long term stadium deal, promotion.

Fecking off would of course be better, but the above would go some way to building bridges.

skybluetony176

They ain't interested in changing, the ongoing attempts at the courts prove that. They ain't interested in acting in the best interests of the club and that isn't going to change. So what are we supposed to do? Forgive everything that they've already done to the club while they continue to damage it? Seems forgiving them would be an exercise in futility.

clint van damme

In this order: sack Fisher, apologise, long term stadium deal, promotion.

Fecking off would of course be better, but the above would go some way to building bridges.

think that's the best we can hope for ground wise. Doubt I'll ever see the club own it's own stadium again.

Liquid Gold

They ain't interested in changing, the ongoing attempts at the courts prove that. They ain't interested in acting in the best interests of the club and that isn't going to change. So what are we supposed to do? Forgive everything that they've already done to the club while they continue to damage it? Seems forgiving them would be an exercise in futility.
I think you misunderstand what a hypothetical is.

covcity4life

Get us back to championship and im easy with them

With a checkatrade and 2 promotions they would have given me the best time as a fan in my lifetime ironically.

bawtryneal

First thing they should do is get rid of Fisher
I have tried really hard to understand why they stick with him.
Really don't get it. What does he contribute to moving the club forward.

Captain Dart

There are many things they could do for the club, but I personally do not believe they will ever do any of them because they want out ASAP and most if not all of the options they could take require a longer term view. Frankly I'm rather surprised they are still here after 10 years, bet that time-scale wasn't in Plan A or even Plan B.

Mcbean

They must be looking at it - as we would have had to shut up shop without investment - they have allowed Robins to bring players in - 4500 season tickets wasnt it - 7700 attendance balance at a higher average value than last year i guess - the embers are there and promotion would be a big step - be interesting top know what breakeven attendance is on this deal with the wapsies - see they lost again - need to pay interest on the loans - unless someone can offer them more - Sky blues are an income

Sky Blue Kid

Get us back to championship and im easy with them

With a checkatrade and 2 promotions they would have given me the best time as a fan in my lifetime ironically.

Doesn't come close to winning the Third, and Second Divisions gaining promotion to the 1st division and FA Cup mate.

Hobo

It really is an up hill battle, so many unpopular decisions and missed opportunities to engage the fans.

A winning team is a must followed by a couple of promotions..and even then there would be little room for corporate nonsense. Tightrope for them in high winds.

RFC

RFC, you have misunderstood the question the OP asked.

I do! Check how many other clubs have supporters who are unhappy about some or in fact many of the aspects of the way their club is being run or steered by the owners, even some very successful ones.

Users who are viewing this thread