Is there a referee out there ? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

That disallowed goal ? I’m saying the decision was correct, Fonte came back from an offside position and scored in what I believe is the second phase, I’m certain I’ve seen goals chalked of plenty of times for that. Can any ref out there put some meat on the bones re that “goal”

Grendel

That disallowed goal ? I’m saying the decision was correct, Fonte came back from an offside position and scored in what I believe is the second phase, I’m certain I’ve seen goals chalked of plenty of times for that. Can any ref out there put some meat on the bones re that “goal”

A goal has never been ruled out for that. It doesn’t matter if he’s in an off side position when the ball comes across to the first player to head it.

By the time he does - he’s very much in an on side position.

It was a howler it wasn’t even close to being offside

dadgad

Their player (nearest the linesman) looks just off.....and also blocking a clear view of Forte.....who was onside.
I think it was the wrong decision and should have stood but I can see why the linesman flagged.

pastythegreat

Doesn't matter! We won! Let Notts County fans debate if it was offside or not! Let's just enjoy a sunny weekend and enjoy an outstanding win and the fact I've booked my Wembley tickets. My ears are still bleeding and my throat is sore but fuck it. It wasn't given, ours was! We won! End of

rupert_bear

So what is the rule regards gaining an unfair advantage? Not saying you are wrong just I’ve heard that statement many times

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

So what is the rule regards gaining an unfair advantage? Not saying you are wrong just I’ve heard that statement many times

You see it loads at free kicks attacking side put 2 players 10 yards off who as the kicks been taken wander back up put are offside when it’s kicked but are there for the knock downs etc

lifeskyblue

Looking at it the Lino was a couple yds behind play. I don’t think he is in a position to see whether it was ‘off’ or not. A decision we got away with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skybluesam66

who cares - we have had them go against us
and anyway Notts county are dirty cheating F******S
They tried it from the 1st minute, but this time didnt get away with it

Sky Blue Pete

A goal has never been ruled out for that. It doesn’t matter if he’s in an off side position when the ball comes across to the first player to head it.

By the time he does - he’s very much in an on side position.

It was a howler it wasn’t even close to being offside
It was close and I’ll ask you what part of the body do you use to judge? Clue - it’s not the most advanced part

Sky Blue Pete

In the first phase it’s just tough you do gain an advantage and you’ll see it lots. When the balls played in the first time 3 county players are in a offside position and when it’s then headed in the middle by an onside player forte is on side in the 2nd phase. Lino made a mistake.

Grendel

It was close and I’ll ask you what part of the body do you use to judge? Clue - it’s not the most advanced part

He was behind grimmer when the ball was headed so it’s not really a discussion.

The linesman has a nightmare game - I think the referee was going to send the guy off for the headbut but the linesman who was two feet away talked him out of it.

Sky Blue Pete

The law states that a player is in an offsideposition if any of their body part except thehands and arms is in the opponents' half of thepitch and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent(not necessarily the goalkeeper).

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

There were three of them offside when the first hoof was booted in.

The end.
That's how it used to be (offside ) until they started changing it and they wonder why the linesman get it wrong sometimes.

Adge

I can see why the linesman thought it was offside. In real time he would obviously be looking at Forte coming back from an offside position before the ball was played forward again. He is then onside and scores. He’s made a mistake but we are talking about 2 seconds of play for the whole incident and of course the “experts” in the studio have 50 views at different angles and 10 minutes to dissect it.
Trust me as I am an assistant on the MFL and an assistant referee can be a harder task getting the decisions right than the man in the middle.

Hobo

It was on side.

But what really undone them wasn't the officials. Being at home (fortress County), in a must win game for promotion and not mustering an attack until the 40th minute? Even then they contrived a goal, all lucky glancing touches, everything fell right. So you can't say they were out of luck. One disallowed goal burst their balloon? They got away with a lot of fouls and gamesmanship over both games.

The bottom line is, they were second best across the pitch in both legs. I think we would have won if the goal had been allowed. I think we would have won without the first leg penalty. I think we wanted it more and they never really coped with us in both legs. Nolan knew it, over active on the touchline shouting at officials, Robins calm, pointing, winking, attending to the finer points for his players.

Another poster mentioned this, but Bayliss ignoring Nolan holding the ball for a throw in...totally undermined Nolan...Bayliss body language; we are in control, we are playing at our pace whether it incurs extra time or not, you are the one holding the ball, most possession you have had all game numpty!

rupert_bear

Another poster mentioned this, but Bayliss ignoring Nolan holding the ball for a throw in...totally undermined Nolan...Bayliss body language; we are in control, we are playing at our pace whether it incurs extra time or not, you are the one holding the ball, most possession you have had all game numpty!
And then went on to score almost straight from that.

Users who are viewing this thread