Is The Tide Of Opinion Turning? (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Let's be sensible SISU have been incompetent and antagonistic owners only hell bent on making their investment pay......but yes there are two sides to this sorry tale.

Only a very, very small percentage of football owners are benevolent enough to throw money at a club without hope of reinvestment.

They’ve been aggressive in achieving their goals. Whilst I don’t agree with their methods, things like the club needing full access to match day revenues and reducing the rent (at the time) and needing our own stadium (if these aren’t available) are principles I agree with.

luwalla

SISU - Have run the club terribly for the past 8 or so years. Took us down to League 1 by starving the playing budget and down to League 2 as a result of poor decision making with the board and management. They have barely done a thing right with this football club.

Just playing devils advocate here... is this the case, or is what they have done is run the club within the restaints of the revenue it generates. Like any other business would.

True they don’t care about the club and so are no longer willing to plough millions in because of that love , in the hope of promotion. But they get to a point where they think, right this hasn’t happened yet & we won’t be here for ever , time to cut our cloth

But in the same breath we forgive players for demanding ludicrous wages and moving on when a better deal isn’t offered , because they owe the clubs they play for nothing , and have short careers ?

Is the truth and reality that , unless you get an owner who is absolutely minted - Man City / Chelsea - or loves the club and is willing to fritter away money because of that love in the vain hope of something happening - Brighton / Blackpool / Wigan , then they have to cut their cloth according to the revenue they generate .... and we don’t genrate much!

I do think they missed a trick earlier in the ownership with not splashing a bit more cash , while in championship though. But they aren’t football people and didn’t listen to the football people they employed , so that would seem to be the main mistake they made.... there on in , I would say the council are the main puppets in our downfall, by screwing us financially along with their collusion to make sure we didn’t obtain the stadium that was built by and for this club.

stupot07

I wouldn't say the tide has turned or that anyone thinks Sisu are blameless, but it does appear the new bits of information that is coming out, I now opening peoples eyes to the fact that not only are sisu a bunch of shisters but there are others that must also share the blame.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sorry MrDuggins but Sisu have produced emails as evidence of council skullduggery ( or should that be skulldugginserry) going back to 2012.
I think Mr Duggins is not handling this situation well at all. I think he is setting up JR3 nicely for SISU, just in time for when JR2 gets kicked out. Which is absolutely rubbish for us as its means another 3 years wasted on another unwinnable JR. It will give SISU the chance to continue with the same old plan they have had since 2011. Which just keeps failing. Bashing heads isn't going to work they need to deploy a major charm offence.

pusbccfc

Just playing devils advocate here... is this the case, or is what they have done is run the club within the restaints of the revenue it generates. Like any other business would.

True they don’t care about the club and so are no longer willing to plough millions in because of that love , in the hope of promotion. But they get to a point where they think, right this hasn’t happened yet & we won’t be here for ever , time to cut our cloth

But in the same breath we forgive players for demanding ludicrous wages and moving on when a better deal isn’t offered , because they owe the clubs they play for nothing , and have short careers ?

Is the truth and reality that , unless you get an owner who is absolutely minted - Man City / Chelsea - or loves the club and is willing to fritter away money because of that love in the vain hope of something happening - Brighton / Blackpool / Wigan , then they have to cut their cloth according to the revenue they generate .... and we don’t genrate much!

I do think they missed a trick earlier in the ownership with not splashing a bit more cash , while in championship though. But they aren’t football people and didn’t listen to the football people they employed , so that would seem to be the main mistake they made.... there on in , I would say the council are the main puppets in our downfall, by screwing us financially along with their collusion to make sure we didn’t obtain the stadium that was built by and for this club.

To an extent, yes.

However, they have made silly decision after silly decision. Look at the people they have employed. Ken Dulieu, Brody, Onye Igwe.

SISU have never failed to play the players and staff, and certainly haven't spent more than what they have.

However, the list of poor mistakes and decisions they have made is long.

MalcSB

In terms of any application for another stadium, there must be a conflict of interest for the council as, if wasps go bust, it has been said that the Ricoh reverts to the council. At which point they would be left holding a white elephant. Hence their procrastination.

luwalla

To an extent, yes.

However, they have made silly decision after silly decision. Look at the people they have employed. Ken Dulieu, Brody, Onye Igwe.

SISU have never failed to play the players and staff, and certainly haven't spent more than what they have.

However, the list of poor mistakes and decisions they have made is long.

Oh I agree whole heartedly , that’s been the frustrating thing with SISU all along... but they are not and never have been football people & while other clubs have thrived with owners that werent football people, but had the money to throw at it And the bottle to stick at it - Sisu maybe thought they could do it, but when it came to the crunch either lost their bottle or never had the same kind of funds available

A perfect example being, when they allegedly had the chance to buy - from memory ( so don’t shoot me down if I’m wrong ) Jordan Henderson and Andy caroll for less than 2 mill combined, but they decided that was the time to start reighning in the funding. And the chance to biy half the stadium company. Can you imagine it with us owning the stadium a team now with Jordan Henderson, Maddison , callum Wilson, Patrick van arnholt, carl baker and mcsheffery and co ( joking with the last two, but you get the picture )

Were they an extra few million away from making it work ? ... was the background wrangling with the council a massive distraction that put them off moving forward with any more investment

Who knows... shoulda woulda coulda

Grendel

Oh I agree whole heartedly , that’s been the frustrating thing with SISU all along... but they are not and never have been football people & while other clubs have thrived with owners that werent football people, but had the money to throw at it And the bottle to stick at it - Sisu maybe thought they could do it, but when it came to the crunch either lost their bottle or never had the same kind of funds available

A perfect example being, when they allegedly had the chance to buy - from memory ( so don’t shoot me down if I’m wrong ) Jordan Henderson and Andy caroll for less than 2 mill combined, but they decided that was the time to start reighning in the funding. And the chance to biy half the stadium company. Can you imagine it with us owning the stadium a team now with Jordan Henderson, Maddison , callum Wilson, Patrick van arnholt, carl baker and mcsheffery and co ( joking with the last two, but you get the picture )

Were they an extra few million away from making it work ? ... was the background wrangling with the council a massive distraction that put them off moving forward with any more investment

The story of signing Carroll and Henderson came from Ranson - it was pure fantasy

eastwoodsdustman

They did put money in initially and we bought some decent players. We also bought some absolute shite which they saw and changed their plan, especially as we only just stayed up in the last day at Charlton.

NorthernWisdom

The story of signing Carroll and Henderson came from Ranson - it was pure fantasy
Rationally... Henderson was never available. Pretty sure Coleman said at the time Sunderland had loaned him to us for game time, and he had a big future.

Carroll? Possible I guess. He wasn't established then. No proof either way however. And we did end up signing Jutkiewicz later for a fair old fee, a similar type of player, with a decent reputation in a top flight club's reserves. That suggests had Carroll been available, we'd have signed him.

Sky Blue Pete

That we are moving out of coventry is a plague on all their houses. I can’t believe we are here again. Absolutely banana’s

Sky Blue Pete

Also we need to engage our common sense a little here. Who are most likely to have the needs of coventry at heart? American business people or councillors born and bred in Coventry?

Of course coventruans ate going to care more! The flip side is that because of this they should make decisions that are clearly on the side of coventry institutions and it’s people.

So so frustrated. Maybe it’s time to ask the dean to get involved again

Nick

Administrator
Also we need to engage our common sense a little here. Who are most likely to have the needs of coventry at heart? American business people or councillors born and bred in Coventry?

Of course coventruans ate going to care more! The flip side is that because of this they should make decisions that are clearly on the side of coventry institutions and it’s people.

So so frustrated. Maybe it’s time to ask the dean to get involved again

It's OK, maybe you can go and support Wasps with the Councillors?

Sky Blue Pete

It's OK, maybe you can go and support Wasps with the Councillors?
No thanks. Never a big rugby fan and think what they’ve done moving to our football ground is completely outrageous. But if you can’t see the logic then you are blind

Nick

Administrator
No thanks. Never a big rugby fan and think what they’ve done moving to our football ground is completely outrageous. But if you can’t see the logic then you are blind

The logic of what, councillors preferring Wasps over their own City's teams?

fernandopartridge

Very bizzare to go one extreme to other.
Neither SISU or the council have presented any facts about anything.
SISU need to justify the move away to get people to go. So they release a few statements.
The Council don't want to be the scapegoat for the move away so they release a few statements.
SISU want the Ricoh on the cheap and are following the one plan they have been doing since 2011.
The Council want owners for the football club that they can trust and work with.
We the fans are not high on the priority of either side.
Wasps want CCFC at the Ricoh so they can keep their head above the water. However they don't want that at cost price with legal action hanging over their heads.
That's about it really. Wouldn't hang your hats on any of them.

FUCK OFF DONGO

Grendel

The short sentences and odd paragraphs are the giveaway with a healthy dose of bollocks, all the hallmarks of dongo.

Along with the pathetic attempts to contribute to match day threads

Users who are viewing this thread