Is The Tide Of Opinion Turning? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Both on here and Twitter there are many who are now openly - openly!! - criticising the th Council! Has The penny finally dropped?

Also interesting that there are particular posters who seem terrified of certain threads.

NorthernWisdom

Can't help but feel it's swinging on here too far the other way. Much as I felt obliged to point out it wasn't *all* SISU at fault before, I kind of feel obliged to point out they're no shrinking violets, and I certainly wouldn't be trusting theiur statements or open letters (from one skewed perspective) any more than I may have done in the past.

Too much is following exactly the same pattern as last time, except the PR game is being played better.

Ashdown

Let's be sensible SISU have been incompetent and antagonistic owners only hell bent on making their investment pay......but yes there are two sides to this sorry tale.

Nick

Administrator
Can't help but feel it's swinging on here too far the other way. Much as I felt obliged to point out it wasn't *all* SISU at fault before, I kind of feel obliged to point out they're no shrinking violets, and I certainly wouldn't be trusting theiur statements or open letters (from one skewed perspective) any more than I may have done in the past.

Too much is following exactly the same pattern as last time, except the PR game is being played better.
Yeah people shouldn't forget that they are all pricks.

Paul Anthony

I should hope eyes have been opened somewhat. It needs to happen. People need to understand its both sides that are responsible for this situation, and nobody involved should escape questioning. If that's not going to happen now, you wonder what it would take.

Very bizzare to go one extreme to other.
Neither SISU or the council have presented any facts about anything.
SISU need to justify the move away to get people to go. So they release a few statements.
The Council don't want to be the scapegoat for the move away so they release a few statements.
SISU want the Ricoh on the cheap and are following the one plan they have been doing since 2011.
The Council want owners for the football club that they can trust and work with.
We the fans are not high on the priority of either side.
Wasps want CCFC at the Ricoh so they can keep their head above the water. However they don't want that at cost price with legal action hanging over their heads.
That's about it really. Wouldn't hang your hats on any of them.

Adge

They all have/had their parts to play.
Lets not forget that “initially” Sisu’s hard nose business tactics didn’t endear them to many which is one of the main reasons we are here.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

SISU should never have took us to Northampton. That is unforgivable. The reasons they did so were fine - but their execution of the plan has lead to SISU OUT etc. For them to get any semblance of support they need to make good on the idea to build a stadium.

Liquid Gold

Nick called out sisu earlier. We’re alright.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Plenty of forgiveness at Wembley ....twice m8
That’s not forgiveness, that’s merely a mini payback for the shit, they’ve put us through. Ransom said they’d leave us in a far better position, if they leave and we’re back in the championship with our own stadium... then they’ll be forgiven.

The council on the other hand screwed us for years in rent and then sold the stadium that was built for us.. they’ll never get my forgiveness

Captain Dart

It is a lot muckier than I thought but I also feel sure we are being told half truths by everyone involved.

Whatever the truth there is no apparant cessation of hostilities on the horizon and no end in sight to the turmoil at the club.

I hope the bloody Supreme Court can get its finger out and rule on the latest appeal, at least that is likely to crete a break condition where a temporary impasse could allow a bit of progress.

usskyblue

That’s not forgiveness, that’s merely a mini payback for the shit, they’ve put us through. Ransom said they’d leave us in a far better position, if they leave and we’re back in the championship with our own stadium... then they’ll be forgiven.

The council on the other hand screwed us for years in rent and then sold the stadium that was built for us.. they’ll never get my forgiveness

Can’t argue with that m8

Magwitch

It is a lot muckier than I thought but I also feel sure we are being told half truths by everyone involved.

Whatever the truth there is no apparant cessation of hostilities on the horizon and no end in sight to the turmoil at the club.

I hope the bloody Supreme Court can get its finger out and rule on the latest appeal, at least that is likely to crete a break condition where a temporary impasse could allow a bit of progress.
You are correct regarding the Supreme Court the result of which could make a big difference, must be due soon surely.

MalcSB

Neither SISU or the council have presented any facts about anything.
SISU need to justify the move away to get people to go. So they release a few statements.
The Council don't want to be the scapegoat for the move away so they release a few statements.
SISU want the Ricoh on the cheap and are following the one plan they have been doing since 2011.
The Council want owners for the football club that they can trust and work with.
We the fans are not high on the priority of either side.
Wasps want CCFC at the Ricoh so they can keep their head above the water. However they don't want that at cost price with legal action hanging over their heads.
That's about it really. Wouldn't hang your hats on any of them.
Sorry MrDuggins but Sisu have produced emails as evidence of council skullduggery ( or should that be skulldugginserry) going back to 2012.

Kilclines curly mullet

As much as I will never forgive SISU for how they have run the club, the more this drags out the more you can certainly see both sides.

The issue for me is that I don’t know who is telling the truth.

I find it strange that SISU have kept all of this information quiet given all of the abuse that have received in recent years.

Johnnythespider

As much as I will never forgive SISU for how they have run the club, the more this drags out the more you can certainly see both sides.

The issue for me is that I don’t know who is telling the truth.

I find it strange that SISU have kept all of this information quiet given all of the abuse that have received in recent years.
I think it was kept quiet for the courts, I'm wondering if this information might be more aimed at the civil courts

Warwickhunt

I just don’t get it! SISU have lost both judgements and will lose the third so what are the WASPs worried about they and the council are adamant they have done no wrong so WASPs should sue SISU for the expense they have incurred

Warwickhunt

I don't think it's suddenly become all the councils fault, it's just there was very little criticism thrown their way before Gidney's email, they still all need their testicles wiring to car batteries, even Joy.
Hers already have that’s why she ain’t got none :joyful::joyful::joyful:

M&B Stand

Bloke from the Estate agents turned up last week to value the house, saw the Highfield Road picture at the top of the stairs and began to regale me with tales of his life as a Cov fan down the years. Ended by telling me he hoped the club would now go bust and start again to get rid of sisu. Then undervalued my house by 20 grand the prick.
Anecdotal I know.

usskyblue

Bloke from the Estate agents turned up last week to value the house, saw the Highfield Road picture at the top of the stairs and began to regale me with tales of his life as a Cov fan down the years. Ended by telling me he hoped the club would now go bust and start again to get rid of sisu. Then undervalued my house by 20 grand the prick.
Anecdotal I know.

Was he wearing a Wasps shirt m8 ?

cov soul

Both on here and Twitter there are many who are now openly - openly!! - criticising the th Council! Has The penny finally dropped?

Also interesting that there are particular posters who seem terrified of certain threads.
only sisu to blame for the shit that we are in .

luwalla

LOL is it really... we are football fans. We boo our team and make fun of our players one week for their shortcomings, and cheer them off the pitch and hold the same players up as heroes the following week when they have a great game

If you look int the dictionary at the word "fickle" you find a photo football fan.. and the chances are, that they will be wearing a Skype blue shirt haha

christonabike

Anecdotal I know.
You still trying to flog that bedsit above the bookies?:woot:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The penny has finally dropped that Ccfc are more than likely to be cast out of the Ricoh. It's all mudslinging. It's the blame game. What none of it does is solve our immediate problem.

pusbccfc

SISU - Have run the club terribly for the past 8 or so years. Took us down to League 1 by starving the playing budget and down to League 2 as a result of poor decision making with the board and management. They have barely done a thing right with this football club.

Council - More interested in the quick cash. City of culture? Bit of easy money. Student accommodation? Quick £££. A Premiership rugby side? Quick £££. They would comfortably allow League 1 CCFC to move away from Coventry but I'm sure they'd beg for us back if we ever got promoted to the top two tiers. Why? Possible £££.

Wasps - A franchise sports club who don't belong here. People who have jumped on the bandwagon are pathetic. They should want CCFC playing in the stadium and by not dealing with us will lose out.

Who's to blame? All of them. Let's not forget all the shite SISU have put us through. One of the worst sets of owners in English football.

However, the council deserve plenty of stick. I'm glad that a bit of pressure is being put their way.

Users who are viewing this thread