Is the Sisu master plan.... (1 Viewer)

chickentikkamasala

To win the full judicial review, then return to court to claim damages against Coventry City Council and ACL? these damages being loss of income due to low attendances, sales of merchandise, possibly income from promotion if we finished within 10 points of the necessary points plus many more damages?

The article written by The Telegraph in 2006..

resorting to the courts and even threatening to bid for companies — to get what they believe is rightly theirs.
Administrators to bankrupt companies accuse the hedge funds of blackmail — holding out and refusing to agree to a deal until they secure a larger payout for themselves — at the expense of other creditors. With the rows often ending in costly long-running legal battles, many administrators, they admit, quietly concede to the demands. “It is like dealing with sharks,” said one.

The interview last night, Mr Labovitch makes emphasis with these words

|We cannot take the business risk of having a landlord that have done possibly a number of things that are unlawful and again that is going to be decided in court I think pretty soon, and try and eject the clubs owners and damage the club, its a huge amount of damage is caused the club, 20 points it has cost the club when our priorities was getting back in the championship and they have just bled the club dry

That suggestion that the club have taken huge losses through CCC and ACL actions, and I believe these losses will be pursued by Sisu through the courts if the judge comes out at the full judicial review and says that Sisu have been treated irrational.

Do not expect any agreement to play at the Ricoh again until the courts have finished and every legal avenue explored by Sisu.

WillieStanley

To say they have a master plan is, if feel giving them too much credit. It's as if they're making it up as they go along!!

magic82ball

Wouldn't have a leg to stand on (no offence to people with no legs intended - there's a few precious souls on here... no offence to people with no souls either)

The 7,000 protest march alone would be all the evidence needed to demonstrate the low attendances are as a result of SISU willingly taking the club out the city and the offers form ACL since show there was an option to mitigate losses, they just chose not to accept it.

As for the 10 point deduction, SISU didn't pay the rent that they signed up to so again, no case to answer.

More likely is SISU hope to erode the small profits that ACL are making each year in expensive litigation year after year, appeal after appeal. Which in the medium to long term would cripple them and potential force them to seek administration.

James Smith

Do not expect any agreement to play at the Ricoh again until the courts have finished and every legal avenue explored by Sisu.

That's going to be a hell of a long time in Northampton for us :(

Astute

Wouldn't have a leg to stand on (no offence to people with no legs intended - there's a few precious souls on here... no offence to people with no souls either)

Nice one. Cheered me up on a 12 hour Saturday shift :D

Samo

The 7,000 protest march alone would be all the evidence needed to demonstrate the low attendances are as a result of SISU willingly taking the club out the city and the offers form ACL since show there was an option to mitigate losses, they just chose not to accept it.

As for the 10 point deduction, SISU didn't pay the rent that they signed up to so again, no case to answer.

More likely is SISU hope to erode the small profits that ACL are making each year in expensive litigation year after year, appeal after appeal. Which in the medium to long term would cripple them and potential force them to seek administration.

I agree, but your a dick for that first sentence!

Senior Vick from Alicante

Its a case of any thing that they can try to reclaim their so called investment. The litigation will go on for years until they have either left the club or been made bankrupt by the costs. They have and will continue to blame everyone other than themselves, I would think a judge though if it indeed came to this would point to the fact that their continual refusal to return to the Ricoh despite offers of free rent is a self imposed loss and is decision made by themselves and not one that has been imposed. NOPM

colin101

Will not be a long time in Northampton for me, I am not going, will never go. As an exile from Coventry I went to back to Coventry to watch my team, part of my DNA. It was never about watching great football because we haven't seen much of that since the nineties, it was all about to going back to my home town, meeting friends, visiting relatives, having a post match pint and probably complaining yet again about our tactics and performance. So as a person of advancing years if the club will not return soon then I will have seen my last home match. Sad.................As for the people who go to Northampton, they are free to make their own decisions but I wish they, on this Forum would stop telling me I am missing great football at Sixfields, I know I am:(

magic82ball

I agree, but your a dick for that first sentence!

Oh my god, you just called me a dick, I cant believe it.

Where the razor blades...

SkyblueBazza

CCFC fans, think its dark days now, it looks like its going to get darker.
Time to fight back.

In the natural world...SISU are the hyena - they keep hassling, nipping at the ankles, unrelentingly seeking out the weakest characteristic of its prey & attacking it...whilst at the same time providing continued pressure on the areas already vulnerable.
Once they've killed it...they remove every single thing of value to them - basically any soft tissue. Then they leave just the skeleton.

Back in our world of football business...SISU are only at the ankle nipping & relentless attack stage...so yes there is much worse to come - but it's not too late to fight back with the right kind of support.
Finding the right support is the hardest bit.

wingy

Coming slightly from the other end of the spectrum ,until the administrations /liquidations are complete has the old lease with ACL actually been discharged .

If so was this a motive for ACLs recent offer ,and why SISU steadfastly refuse it ,Is the delay from Appleton aiding SISU from stopping ACL progressing?

NorthernWisdom

Coming slightly from the other end of the spectrum ,until the administrations /liquidations are complete has the old lease with ACL actually been discharged .

If so was this a motive for ACLs recent offer ,and why SISU steadfastly refuse it ,Is the delay from Appleton aiding SISU from stopping ACL progressing?

That's a perceptive angle of questioning.

I don't know the answer:D

Users who are viewing this thread