Is the playoff dream over? (1 Viewer)

Otis

This makes me laugh. I started a post last week saying that I believed we would get into the playoffs and should we look at possible administration or liquidation and everyone said completely not and we we had every chance of getting promoted and shouldnt even consider admin or liquidation. Since then we have lost one game and everyone now seems to agree with what I was saying!

You may want to review that.

Isn't that almost exactly the same thing?

Sick Boy

The play-off dream was always going to be a long shot after our poor start and our dreadful home form.

Even when we had played several games more than those around us we were still outside of the play-offs. The logic that we had done the hard work and it was for other teams to catch us up was bizarre. Fair enough if we were in the top 6, but when you are outside of it and haven't been up there all season it doesn't exactly make any sense.

Otis

The play-off dream was always going to be a long shot after our poor start and our dreadful home form.

Even when we had played several games more than those around us we were still outside of the play-offs. The logic that we had done the hard work and it was for other teams to catch us up was bizarre. Fair enough if we were in the top 6, but when you are outside of it and haven't been up there all season it doesn't exactly make any sense.

After 6 games we were 7 points adrift of 6th place.

After 12 games we were 10 points adrift of 6th.

After 16 games we were 10 points adrift.

After 20 games we were 10 points adrift.

After 24 games we were 5 points adrift.

After 30 games we were 4 points adrift (but had played a few more games than most other clubs)

After 33 games we were 5 points adrift.

Now after 36 games we are 7 points adrift.

Seemed like we were getting closer for a while but have somewhat tailed off.

As I said before, all our hopes our now pinned on the tail of a new manager bringing a honeymoon period with him .... that combined with other teams failing to help us out.

Users who are viewing this thread