Is the Championship bigger now then it was when we were last there? (1 Viewer)

speedie87

I think 6m budget and we are in trouble. £10m and have 50:50 chance

Sky Blue Harry H

Presumably Stoke's budget still relates to PL parachute payments - must be due to fall off a cliff in terms of income. Incidentally, those coming down from the PL will have an extra massive advantage next season - potential wage reduction compared to usual, no crowds for a while, so the parachute payment will give a disproportionate advantage compared to a normal season. On top of that, other/most Championship clubs will be cutting wage bills/size of squads imho, to try and balance the books (which is why I see it as a good time for us to go up - whether it works out or not)

Last edited:

Magwitch

Budget is interesting when you look at it, although i can never be sure on accuracy of online numbers of what clubs budgets actually are etc!

Just chucked this together:

View attachment 15452

So the lowest 3 budgets are the lowest 3 teams, perhaps no surprise there. But if you can break out of that lower 3 it really does open up, with teams from Nottm Forest down to Millwall all massively improving their league position compared to budget.

Half of the current top 12 are teams in the lower half of the budget table.

Take the above numbers with a pinch of salt but either way, fingers crossed we can break that bottom 3 mould and push on, I'll take 21st now i think, and i think a budget of c20m can see you competing with the right manager and scouts!

Seven of those top eight are recent Premiership clubs two of which Huddersfield and Stoke could well be relegated they will be in receipt of parachute payments which will be popping them up financially once that dries up perhaps this year for Stoke let’s see how these clubs fair then.

RegTheDonk

I think 6m budget and we are in trouble. £10m and have 50:50 chance
It is a worry - however, MR worked some magic on a shoestring, we have to trust in him being shrewd behind the scenes.

We have some hamstrings but there's the potential to attract decent players. Our loans have worked out pretty well too, I dare say a few PL teams would consider us as a good place for their fringe players to get some game time.

Magwitch

It is a worry - however, MR worked some magic on a shoestring, we have to trust in him being shrewd behind the scenes.

We have some hamstrings but there's the potential to attract decent players. Our loans have worked out pretty well too, I dare say a few PL teams would consider us as a good place for their fringe players to get some game time.
It isn’t all about who we sign though, it’s how MR and AV gets them to play some managers have it some don’t luckily our men have.

Covstu

Budget is interesting when you look at it, although i can never be sure on accuracy of online numbers of what clubs budgets actually are etc!

Just chucked this together:

View attachment 15452

So the lowest 3 budgets are the lowest 3 teams, perhaps no surprise there. But if you can break out of that lower 3 it really does open up, with teams from Nottm Forest down to Millwall all massively improving their league position compared to budget.

Half of the current top 12 are teams in the lower half of the budget table.

Take the above numbers with a pinch of salt but either way, fingers crossed we can break that bottom 3 mould and push on, I'll take 21st now i think, and i think a budget of c20m can see you competing with the right manager and scouts!
Agree these look strange, Leeds and forest would be higher I reckon but if we are similar to Luton we are in big trouble

Covstu

It isn’t all about who we sign though, it’s how MR and AV gets them to play some managers have it some don’t luckily our men have.
It is but I think any average players will get quickly found out in this league

Grendel

Don't you live in Ireland? Do you fly over to all the home games?

No according to his twitter account he renounced uk citizenship and has only spent A few days in England since as English people are too racist

Users who are viewing this thread