Is Something Happening Here....? (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

.....what it is ain't exactly clear....? Famous opening line at the 1969 Woodstock music festival by Richie Havens, but i can't help thinking about all these little changes from our owners into the running of our football club. First we had lets admit the unlikely hiring of Tony Mowbray as manager, then after his 12 match trial, intiated by TM i believe we had elongated talks into him becoming permenent manager and seemingly giving in almost totally to his demands re. coaching staff, Mark Venus basically shoving Waggott aside and taking over the day to day running of the team side of things, re-setting the scouting system and now we are having 4 year shirt sponsor deals with the Nike logo on them. What next, perhaps the £10k a week footballer ? perhaps not but all this seems un SISU like or is it un/Waggott and Fisher like

Last edited:

aviles

i have been wondering the exact same being a Cov fan im trying my hardest not to be negative as i usually am but surely this is all too good to be true. im waiting for the spanner to be thrown in.

Im waiting for TF to come out in the next week or so and say if we dont win the treble this year we will be liquidated

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

almost getting relegated to league 2 is about as bigger wake up call they were ever going to get the early signs are promising that they are learning but lets see whats happening around Christmas.

Samo

.....what it is ain't exactly clear....? Famous opening line at the 1969 Woodstock music festival by Richie Havens, but i can't help thinking about all these little changes from our owners into the running of our football club. First we had lets admit the unlikely hiring of Tony Mowbray as manager, then after his 12 match trial, intiated by TM i believe we had elongated talks into him becoming permenent manager and seemingly giving in almost totally to his demands re. coaching staff, Mark Venus basically shoving Waggott aside and taking over the day to day running of the team side of things, re-setting the scouting system and now we are having 4 year shirt sponsor deals with the Nike logo on them. What next, perhaps the £10k a week footballer ? perhaps not but all this seems un SISU like or is it un/Waggott and Fisher like

I am hoping that JS has realized that there is a chance here to turn the club around and that TM's appointment, agreement to his demands, rumors of backers, Nike deal, Venus appointment, new retail set up, etc are indicators of this.

Otis

I am hoping that JS has realized that there is a chance here to turn the club around and that TM's appointment, agreement to his demands, rumors of backers, Nike deal, Venus appointment, new retail set up, etc are indicators of this.

To make money we need bums on seats. You get bums on seats by having a winning football team.

Astute

To me a lot of it happened after taking on an experienced manager like TM. We have had people running our club that hardly know anything about football. TM came in and saved us from relegation. And with no fear he told Joy the truth. Our club was set up wrong from top to bottom. It was either do it his way or find someone to do it their way and have a good chance of failing again. A manager is only as good as his last appointment. If Joy said no to him his time with us would have been viewed as a success. We were in the bottom 4 and ended up in 17th.

Samo

To make money we need bums on seats. You get bums on seats by having a winning football team.

And we may be about to have one.

Astute

Our club was run by bums. It didn't do us much good.

rupert_bear

There have been rumours, obvious ones but all these changes, sacking the manager, paying him off, hiring a manager, twice, employing new coaches, setting up scouting systems and networks and perhaps most significantly shoving Steve Waggott aside and hiring Mark Venus to do his job all costs money, plenty of it and the likes of Mowbray and Venus don't work for peanuts. Where is the money coming from, we have no income at all at the moment, no players to sell. And now this 4 year shirt deal, okay we ain't Arsenal or Chelsea or even a Bournemouth now but 4 years for where we are now is unbelievable, isn't it ?

skyblueinBaku

I get the feeling that TF and SW are vulnerable now. TM's assessment that the club needs re-organising and setting up from top to bottom is tantamount to asking what the hell those two have been doing for the past few years. As JS has agreed to TM's wishes, she is probably asking herself that question.

Bill Glazier

I think/hope the penny has finally dropped. Having spectacularly ballsed up their property ambitions Sisu's only hope of financial redemption is through a successful football team. Losing the Ricoh may turn out to be the best thing that ever happened!

It does seem that there are some serious decisions being made atm. There are rumours indeed and it seems to me that there may be some truth in a possible takeover. Nike haven’t got onboard just to sell few thousand shirts they want some serious sales and they want to be involved in a club that has potential going forward and we have been anything but that over the past few years. It seems strange that there is significant cash being thrown around at the moment. The move of the club shop and a new company running the online operation is very positive indeed. Also, TM would have had better options than us on the table had he waited a few months, certainly in terms of budget, so, maybe he knows that there is some serious cash coming into the club? Lets hope so.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It does seem that there are some serious decisions being made atm. There are rumours indeed and it seems to me that there may be some truth in a possible takeover. Nike haven’t got onboard just to sell few thousand shirts they want some serious sales and they want to be involved in a club that has potential going forward and we have been anything but that over the past few years. It seems strange that there is significant cash being thrown around at the moment. The move of the club shop and a new company running the online operation is very positive indeed. Also, TM would have had better options than us on the table had he waited a few months, certainly in terms of budget, so, maybe he knows that there is some serious cash coming into the club? Lets hope so.
The guy on here who called the nike kits weeks ago said SISU were working with investors in some sort of partnership.

Ashdown

I find it a bit perturbing all this positivity on here, a rail stop, decent manager, new Nike strips, backroom staff pushing out the SISU eejits influence....................whatever next ?!

rupert_bear

The guy on here who called the nike kits weeks ago said SISU were working with investors in some sort of partnership.
Lets remember SISU's game is to attract investors maybe something is afoot there and they have been told to get their house in order or perhaps they are marketing the product for a sale, but there is definitely a difference in the way they are doing things now.

Astute

There is no serious cash coming in. It is the same amount but being spent by someone who knows what he is doing.

Who would like to name the big British clubs that have Nike tops? For each one I will name several clubs at our level or lower.

Grendel

There is no serious cash coming in. It is the same amount but being spent by someone who knows what he is doing.

Who would like to name the big British clubs that have Nike tops? For each one I will name several clubs at our level or lower.

I know nothing about premier league shirts but aren't both Manchester clubs Nike?

samccov1987

Pure speculation but I wonder if Sisu are now looking to build bridges. They've lost the stadium but the development rights for land next to the Ricoh are still up for grabs and if memory serves wasps aren't currently interested.

Get a competitive team on the pitch, increase crowds, improve the retail and marketing side of the business and start to gain some goodwill. Then bid for the land, building a hotel and their own retail and leisure units for restaurants, club shop and maybe a pictures and bowling alley. Maybe even a sky blue tavern!

Probably sound like I've had a drink but a more realistic exit strategy or way of recouping some of their losses than a new stadium outside the city limits.

Last edited:

stupot07

I know nothing about premier league shirts but aren't both Manchester clubs Nike?

I think so. So is Southends, Hartlepools and York city's, bradfords, Leyton orients, Peterborough's, scunthorpes,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

How many are there? I hope you are not trying to say that I said there isn't any top clubs that use them . But there are many at our level or lower.

turlykerd

i dont think aiming a business plan towards vagrants is gonna win many loans from the dragons but

if we offer them some soup and a lovely piece of bread...it might just work ???

Alan Dugdales Moustache

At the rate things are going someone is shortly going to announce that they have always fancied Joy Sappala.

Bill Glazier

Yes, it's at moments of mild optimism like this when Sisu usually do something silly. Expect a move to Rusden's ground any day.

Skyblueweeman

What rumours of backers Samo? Not been about much the past couple of days so probably missed something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samo

What rumours of backers Samo? Not been about much the past couple of days so probably missed something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a few weeks ago Weeman, there were a lot of rumors about SISU working with new investors, could be nothing though.

rupert_bear

Mowbray's first meeting with Joy Sepalla was without Waggott or Fisher present but she wasn't alone apparently. Whether it was when he first joined or when he was being interviewed at the seasons end not sure but you can bet your bottom dollar a lot of home truths were said by TM.

SBT

Anyone seriously getting excited over a procedural change in our kit sponsor needs to just relax. There should be a few legitimate things to be optimistic about soon, but sharing the same kit sponsor as Leyton Orient isn't one of them.

KG7

It's a kit provider, not a sponsor. it's customary for the club to pay the kit provider unless you're a big club where it's in the kit providers interests to provide for free. That's why we made our own kit in the early 00s - to save on costs. Great to have some positivity finally though

Users who are viewing this thread