Is Sisu owning half the ground a good thing? (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

Like them or loathe them SISU own our beloved club.

Their current talks with the Council, and one would assume the Alan Higgs Charity about getting a half share in the Arena Company Ltd and the associated land around it, seems to me to be a positive move.

There are a number of reasons why I believe this.

Firstly we will be able to reduce our yearly rent.

Secondly we will benefit from the profitability of the Arena, any income at present is welcome. The Arena has a turnover of around £17 Million with only 20% linked to the football club and makes a small profit.

Thirdly as the fair play rules are in place, our income will be increased and therefore the proportion we could/can spend on our playing budget will be greater.

Fourthly it makes Coventry City a better option to any potential buyer or investor. Currently Coventry City is a brand with no major assets (other than the players). With ownership of half the Arena Company, then it is far more attractive to potential buyers or investors.

I know that some people think I am backing SISU with the above comments. However the truth is that I don't want them here anymore than the vast majority of the fans do.

I do however fear for the future of the club, getting more revenue into the club is a must if it is to survive.

There are a number of interesting questions thrown up by it all. Firstly where are SISU getting the money from? Secondly why have they taken them so long to do this and thirdly is this why they are delaying publishing the budget and thus keeping the embargo in place?

wingy

In short steve no .As they've shot their bolt so to speak and seem to have no realistic future here ,certainly no desire or means to effect the playing side of things ,surely their getting their hands on the prize would just extend their appalling treatment of this club,and act as an obstacle to other suitors intent to come in and purchase the whole set up ,assuming they're out there of course ,which i do.Why would they reward Sisu ,when they can wait for the implosion and deal direct with the council.

Steve.B50

If SISU owned even half the Arena they will have what they want and we would just be a small thorn in there side.

They do not want a footbal team they want the Stadium, the land, the rent, they already had any assets.

a simple no. if they get their hands on the ground then that will be the final nail in the coffin, they have shown in 5 years they have no idea and for the last 12 months havent given the team a second thought, a bunch of crooks

Otis

You get the feeling that if they got hands on half the stadium and money was being made, this would go back to their investors while we continue to slip down and down the leagues.

Sub

no !! they should never have their hands on the stadium thats all they want now they have fucked the club over and saddled it with more debt and got us relegated, they see the stadium as the only way to get their investors a return they dont give two shits on how they do it. They ricoh is the the cash cow they want now, after they have bleed ccfc to the point of almost no return.:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

skybluesteve76

Why move this thread to a place where nobody can view it and respond? Did I write it for the goodness of my health, have I got ten minutes to lose for no reason? Sort it out please!

skybluesteve76

Their current talks with the Council, and one would assume the Alan Higgs Charity about getting a half share in the Arena Company Ltd and the associated land around it, seems to me to be a positive move.

Secondly we will benefit from the profitability of the Arena, any income at present is welcome. The Arena has a turnover of around £17 Million with only 20% linked to the football club and makes a small profit.

Thirdly as the fair play rules are in place, our income will be increased and therefore the proportion we could/can spend on our playing budget will be greater.

Fourthly it makes Coventry City a better option to any potential buyer or investor. Currently Coventry City is a brand with no major assets (other than the players). With ownership of half the Arena Company, then it is far more attractive to potential buyers or investors.

I know that some people think I am backing SISU with the above comments. However the truth is that I don't want them here anymore than the vast majority of the fans do.

I do however fear for the future of the club, getting more revenue into the club is a must if it is to survive.

There are a number of interesting questions thrown up by it all. Firstly where are SISU getting the money from? Secondly why have they taken them so long to do this and thirdly is this why they are delaying publishing the budget and thus keeping the embargo in place?

skybluesteve76

If Sisu buy half the ground is it a good thing?

All The Best

Last edited:

stupot07

I tend to agree with you Steve. And it wouldn't be Sisu buying the ground/lease it would be Ccfc, backed by Sisu's investors. And if it was part ownership with the council, the council would retain the right to veto decisions making it virtually impossible for Sisu to shaft them and Ccfc.

rob9872

All the best? :(

cloughie

Oh dear oh dear oh dear
please stop taking drugs they will do you no good

one headline and you get sucked in did you read further than that

NO hint of talks about shitsu trying to buy half the arena

Users who are viewing this thread